Problem of water consumption

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Sherran
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Problem of water consumption

by Sherran » 24/02/09, 17:03

Hello, as part of a graduation project I had to manufacture a Pantone system and adapt it to a small petrol engine that I recovered. Everything went well during the design, but I have a few questions for experts like you:

[color = red] - The engine runs very well but it does not consume no water. [/ color]
- It is impossible to run the engine until the system is hot. Is this the case for you?

And last question, to understand what is happening in the system, I had to put forward several hypotheses but only retained one. It would be a steam cracking of fuel molecules helped by water.
I already have in mind an experiment to determine whether or not it is the solution if you want I can keep you posted. Let me know.

Goodbye and thank you in advance for your answers. :P
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 27/02/09, 20:09

Hello scherran,
Your explanations are a bit short.
Example,
small engine
?
Running the engine is impossible until the system is warm?

I already have an experiment in mind to determine whether or not this is the solution
the solution of what? :D
A little video, where some pictures of the montages might get the old wolves out of their cave : Cheesy:
But on weekends, it's pretty calm. :?
If your problem is well explained, if your editing is also explicit, you may have answers ... :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Sherran
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Sherran » 28/02/09, 10:26

Hello,
the experience that I have in mind is to prove the formation of an alkene at the outlet of the reactor which will prove the steam cracking hypothesis and invalidate that of the electrification of water vapor.

However my important problem is that my system does not consume water at all, it is only the essence which evaporates from the bubbler, the water remains.

Here is the engine to which I chose to adapt the system

Here is the system finished and running.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 28/02/09, 10:48

Now, we're going to take you a little more seriously.
Can you say a little more about your studies? it is also important.
And also what motivates you in this work. (it's just a personal curiosity)
For the rest, I noticed that your "French" is correct :D
Sms language pollution : Cheesy:
Okay, now I hope the pantom pros are going to move a little :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Sherran
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Sherran » 01/03/09, 20:56

So the pros of pantone I really need you on this one. I did the test with bromine and there is indeed a steam cracking in the pantone reactor.
Good evening to all :)
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 01/03/09, 22:05

Hello sherran

sherran wrote:the experience that I have in mind is to prove the formation of an alkene at the outlet of the reactor which will prove the steam cracking hypothesis and invalidate that of the electrification of water vapor.

Your experience is interesting, but you would also have to prove that the two phenomena do not coexist ... Can you explain to us how you intend to carry out the manipulation? If at the same time you could give us a detailed diagram of your achievement, it will be great and much easier to try to help you.

However my important problem is that my system does not consume water at all, it is only the essence which evaporates from the bubbler, the water remains.

If you put water and petrol in the same bubbler, it is normal for the lighter fractions of petrol to evaporate first, then the heavier fractions, then water ... Your bubbler is certainly not hot enough for the water. For this to work better, it is better to separate the water bubbler (to be heated around 75 to 95 °) and the gas (bubbler / circuit) below 65 °.

Use the site's search engine, there are lots of different valid solutions for it to work properly.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132