Pantone, Spad or G system?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Pantone, Spad or G system?

by nofy » 13/09/05, 22:09

Good evening everyone,

The subject has already certainly been raised, but don't blame me I just was born, at least on this forum...
So, Pantone or Spad, which works better? In my opinion I would lean towards Pantone, because the flow exhaust and vapor air-water reversed on a length of approximately 30 cm, seems to me less confused than on the Spad ... And then I find that in the Spad, or reactors are too short and cannot magnetize, since they are made of stainless steel ... I prefer a 30 cm steel reactor than three small 10 cm stainless steel reactors ...
So, what do you think, am I completely next door or can I do it? ...

Nofy (dream)
0 x
MobyleX
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by MobyleX » 13/09/05, 22:19

Well let's say that Pantone and SPAD are the same except that the Spad is compact and "industrialized" (well almost ...) while the Pantone is handcrafted. In terms of performance, I think it's worth (to be confirmed) and for the magnetic bar, the nature of the materials in which it is cut has no importance (or very low, as tests with different bars have shown ), its magnetization is not important (it is a consequence of the high temperature and its nature).
0 x
Dream is real freedom, it is the hope, nobody can stop you.
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/05, 22:55

The spad is simply the "commercial" designation of the water doping assembly via a pantone reactor ... to say that it is industrialization there is a step that I would not take!
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 14/09/05, 05:43

Good evening response to Nofy
panton is the basic principle, the Spad (it is not the famous fighter aircraft of the first world war) it is an improvement of the system
made by a cultivator.
its main characteristic is to be simple compact while in the bubbler
easily doable for different tractor and agricultural machine of rustic construction all in steel the minimum in stainless steel, its advantage is that the reactor sucks directly in the bubbler the simplicity of the bubbler makes that there is no level control the large capacity of the bubbler means that the level does not vary much, nor of temperature control for the water, the size of the bubbler means that part of the heat of the water is dispersed by the big box. so some self control
But it has the defect that a large capacity like that, warming up and slower and if it makes a smaller bubbler, the level will drop faster and the heat may rise too high in the bubbler, and if the level drop of too much vacuum at the inlet of the reactor = loss of efficiency, therefore the shape of the square box of the bubbler is simple but does not correspond exactly for this use.
Another defect is the reactor in the bubbler although only one side is in contact with the water it is not ideal to take heat at this place, for a tractor it goes, but for a car or a turbo diesel is not recommended.
I suppose that by dint of doing so they have remedied this little problem that is simple to correct.
As for the length of the rod, 100 mm is close to the minimum so that it is still functional which is 80mm. After many tests 200 mm works well, 300 mm for a fuel pant works fairly well, but for a large engine 300 mm may make too great a restriction on the passage of steam.
Currently I had a 150mm rod I replaced it with a 105mm rod and there is no marked difference, although I made other modifications which gave me other problems. But I'm learning ....
Andre
0 x
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by nofy » 14/09/05, 13:58

Hello everybody
And thank you for the answers .... Now, from what I believe, the Spad is not always attached to the bubbler ...
André, I would like to ask you, you who lives in Canada, how would you make your choice to equip a 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe with 5.7 displacement? First of all, is it possible, knowing that this vehicle is equipped with a "Vortec" type sequential injection. It is already equipped with LPG. I noticed that I could slide in the pipes for each row of the 4 cylinders the Pantone system, without much problem. .. but is it enough to put 2 reactors for this capacity? or rather to insert 2 Spad reactors on the 2 exhaust lines (each made up of three 10 cm reactors, as explained on the site).
Thanks in advance.

Nofy (dream)
0 x
Other

by Other » 14/09/05, 15:00

Reply to Nofy
The Chevrolet Tahoe is a big 4x4 tank the tank of marijuana cultivators
or special policies that run after. (it takes a stepladder to board this tank)
You will have a lot of trouble pantomizing this model not because of injection, but because of the MAF mas air flow this is what measures the mass of air that the downstream engine and which determines via the oxygen sensor sensor the ratio.
I know this vehicle the weak point is the pump in the tank or rather the electrical connection above the tank which corrodes.

The one I pantomize is a chevrolet lumina van old model there is no MAF but a pressure measurement in the MAP collector which makes the task easier because the signal is just a voltage of 0 at 4 volts, while the MAF it is a signal generating pulses therefore more difficult to modify simply, On my other vehicle BUICK PARCK AVENUE it is the same principle as you and I do not plan to put a panton too complicated and moreover, this vehicle is only for city driving, therefore the Panton has no interest.
A panton reactor is efficient on a vehicle that makes good trips or works hard. at low speed the gain is almost zero that is why the savings percentages are also variable from 10 to 30%
to make good measurements it is a trip 300 has 600km on highway.
Andre
0 x
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by nofy » 14/09/05, 20:04

Good evening everyone, reply to André,

Well received that it will not be easy, but I think I have to try anyway, otherwise we do not advance .... Otherwise, apart from the problem of this probe, what would you do in my place: 2 x Pantone or 2 x Multi-reactor Spad?
Thanks again.

Nofy (the dream)
0 x
Other

by Other » 14/09/05, 22:50

hello nofy
Spad or panton is the same for me
If you absolutely want to put a water doping pant starting with one on a row of cylinders and without disconnecting anything from the electronics you can operate it too much without making him drink too much water, the economy is almost nil, but sometimes more bad with pantone, on the other hand the vehicle is more powerful more acceleration. If possible deconete the vacuum hose that operates the ERG valve in pantone you don't need it,
Later you will be able to disconect the lamda probe (oxygen sensor) and find something to distort the mass air flow control in this way you adjust your ratio it is no longer the computer that does the job you operate in open loop as when you start before the engine is warm, you will actually save fuel.
Andre
0 x
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by nofy » 15/09/05, 22:18

Goodnight Andrew
Excuse again, but how many reactors would you put in rows of cylinders?
Thank you again for your valuable advice.
Nofy (the dream)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/09/05, 22:31

André ... We can't wait to do the How To because the same questions (and answers!) That come up dozens of times does not really advance the thing ....
0 x