Pantone and Marathon Shell?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
emlaurent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Pantone and Marathon Shell?

by emlaurent » 05/01/06, 00:03

Hello,

An idea like that to demonstrate the value of the pantone process:
why not take part in a sheel marathon style race?
Outside, by participating in a race organized by a merchant
oil, this marathon is very famous and is regularly the subject of articles
in the press, and even in the mainstream press.
Visibility is very strong!

It can be a great way to demonstrate energy savings
that can be achieved with the process!

Koi, do you think?
Emmanuel
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 05/01/06, 06:33

Hello
It seems to me that Tang is part of the school that organizes this race. He made a Pantone on a 600 cc engine. It is best placed for this.
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 05/01/06, 09:50

Hello,

the best consumption is achieved by switching on the engine only in increments of 6 to 8 seconds at very specific points on the circuit.

In this operating mode, the pantone must not work super

@+
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/06, 13:23

Exactly, the marathon is more about driving management than technological developments ...

In any case, adding water is prohibited by the regulations ... as in F1 and WRC ...

The debate does not even arise anymore ...
0 x
emlaurent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by emlaurent » 09/01/06, 12:12

[quote = "econology"]
In any case, adding water is prohibited by the regulations ... as in F1 and WRC ...
[/ Quote]

Hello,

Indeed, I had not seen this point in the regulations.
Do we know why it is prohibited? Is it because it complicates the consumption calculations or is it by "fear" of increasing the perfs (as in the case of the Pantone) or ...?

E.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/06, 13:07

emlaurent wrote:
Hello,

Indeed, I had not seen this point in the regulations.
Do we know why it is prohibited? Is it because it complicates the consumption calculations or is it by "fear" of increasing the perfs (as in the case of the Pantone) or ...?

E.

Ben should ask those who draft the regulations ... For me you answered the question ...

Hello from another Alsatian :)
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/01/06, 15:13

econology wrote:Exactly, the marathon is more about driving management than technological developments ... [...]
Disagree ! When Honda participated, they had worked a lot on the management of engine time on a cycle ...

If it were only driving management, everyone would arrive at the same result (at equivalent aerodynamic complexity level), since this management must be arch-modeled on computer ...
Last edited by Woodcutter the 09 / 01 / 06, 15: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/06, 15:15

Maybe but there is no real transfer of technology .... it remains proto ... not to say toy ...

The proof is that very few patents must be filed by the participating teams (logic on the other hand since the regulations restrict certain innovations) ... but I may be wrong ...

In any case, the ENSAIS team (my engineering school) was content with engine and management optimizations ... nothing very exciting (that's why I didn't take part in it for that matter). .. most of the members of this club content themselves with looking for sponsors to finance the big drinking party that is the weend of the marathon (but let's not generalize ... this was the case only for certain members that I knew of the club the Essais) ...
0 x
emlaurent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by emlaurent » 10/01/06, 19:13

econology wrote:Ben should ask those who draft the regulations ... For me you answered the question ...

Hello from another Alsatian :)

Certainly, certainly, ...

Hello Alsatian !! :D
Are there others on the list ??
0 x
bob_isat

by bob_isat » 30/01/06, 18:45

it is clear, the weekend of the Shell marathon, it is a sacred teuf !!

On the one hand, those who are pro and who have money (proto set tip top), who don zic to donf on their stand and guinquent like sick (not to mention what happens in the tents : Cheesy: ) and on the other, the people who are coming up hard, for whom all shit: the car catches fire by going to the technical control, the fuel pump crames, the crankshaft seizes up, the engine drowns, the brakes start .... and who spend 3 days without sleeping to make the bouzin work ... unforgettable on both sides!

(as for the technique, it's true that there is nothing revolutionary, apart from the engines with extended detente which could slightly increase the yields of our tdci tractors ...)
0 x