"Water in Gasoil" documentary on water injection, car manufacturers know!

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Flytox

Re: "Water in Gasoil" documentary on water injection, car manufacturers know!

by Flytox » 02/07/19, 19:54

yoann65 wrote: What space would you leave between the 2 stainless steel tubes, for the circulation of the ldr ??
10mm for the diameter of the steam outlet tube c is enough ?? I was thinking of putting a 16 or 18mm, is it too big?

The answer will be easier with a dimensioned drawing ....
For the 10 mm at the outlet, if the tube is relatively short (<500 mm?) This should work.
If the tube is "too" long in 10mm, the pressure drop becomes "too" important ... this could start to limit the flow.
With a larger diameter it brakes less but condenses more. A compromise must be found.
If the tube has a "too" large diameter, this increases the cooling surface area and therefore the condensation.
and the risk of big drops ...

Optimizing the length, diameter, material and insulation of the steam pipes is an essential step in Gillier Pantone.
To know what you are doing, you would have to measure the temperature as close as possible to where it leads to the intake.

In all cases, thermally insulating the steam outlet tube improves the flow of steam.
Get by, that in the course of your steam pipes, there can not be a low point (siphon) that can fill with condensation water.
Otherwise, during good acceleration / braking / turning you can swallow a good swig of the fleet ....
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
yoann65
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yoann65 » 14/07/19, 20:49

Hello. I will make a diagram.
I found the potential location of the bubbler, however I realized that the reactor would be placed very far away. Indeed at the turbo outlet I have the catalyst then the fap. I will therefore have not far from 1m between the bubbler and the reactor !!!!! Or 2m of hose (bubbler-reactor and reactor-intake), It seems huge to me.
There will be heat loss and a high risk of condensation even if the pipes are insulated.

There is the solution to replace everything, fap and catalyst with a stainless steel tube with repro of the ecu, place the reactor near the turbo outlet. The advantages of this solution are to reduce by half or even more the bubbler-reactor distance, and to no longer fear seeing my fap clogged and having to take out a substantial sum to replace it, but the disadvantage is the investment in stainless steel tube and repro of the ecu.

What do you think??
please

message clarified by Remundo
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 16/07/19, 17:04

yoann65 wrote:Hello. I will make a diagram.

Yes! :P

I found the potential location of the bubbler, however I realized that the reactor would be placed very far away. Indeed at the turbo outlet I have the catalyst then the fap. I will therefore have not far from 1m between the bubbler and the reactor !!!!! Or 2m of hose (bubbler-reactor and reactor-intake), It seems huge to me.
There will be heat loss and a high risk of condensation even if the pipes are insulated.

You have to find something much shorter / closer.

There is the solution to replace everything, fap and catalyst with a stainless steel tube with repro of the ecu, place the reactor near the turbo outlet.

A Gillier Pantone does not replace a catalyst + fap but improves the reduction in the discharge of existing equipment by plugging in from above.
The replacement stainless steel tube is just bullshit / pollution / consumption and absolutely does not pass Technical Inspection.
Redoing the ECU programming is generally not intended to reduce pollution but to gain performance (consumption / power); those who do this generally do not even have equipment to measure the pollution they .... add. The lambda measurement makes it possible to adjust the richness / consumption, but does not measure what is happening on the NOx side, particles etc ...
In short it is against the sobriety sought in Gillier Pantone.

... and no longer be afraid of having my fap clogged and having to take out a substantial sum to replace it

Even if you are a fan of economical / gentle driving to optimize your consumption etc ... from time to time (regularly) you have to drive the motorway at a brisk pace to clean the DPF. Rather than driving at a speed> 130 km / h, I prefer to set foot at the bottom on a slightly steep climb. This excites less the constabulary in lack of verbalizing. : Mrgreen:
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

yoann65
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yoann65 » 18/07/19, 17:17

Unfortunately I have no solution.
Either I put the reactor after the fap and in this case I have 2 good meters of hose or then I put a stainless steel tube and I considerably reduce the length of the hoses.
Removing the fap and egr will make me reduce consumption and I am not sure to pollute much more. I had done the test on an old vehicle passing the pollution side with and without egr and the result was edifying. An egr just like a dirty fap leads to overconsumption and pollution. The reprogramming is only there to avoid having the ecu in default. In no case am I looking for more power.
in short i am facing a good dilemma ....
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 21/07/19, 22:52

Lining
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Flytox

by Flytox » 21/07/19, 22:55

yoann65 wrote:Unfortunately I have no solution.
Either I put the reactor after the fap and in this case I have 2 good meters of hose or then I put a stainless steel tube and I considerably reduce the length of the hoses.

The reactor after the DPF is at the end of the pot, gives the right to "very" low temperatures of the exhaust gases. So it's totally ineffective over a wide rev range (except at full load?). The full pot being the sworn enemy of the conso .... it also seems to me a dead end.

Removing the fap and the egr will reduce my consumption and I am not sure to pollute much more.

You should remove the doubt by making real comparative measurements. For consumption with reprogramming it is quite possible.
For pollution I ask to see. The manufacturers did not have fun adding EGR valves for fun if not to manage to pass the EuroX standards

I had done the test on an old vehicle passing the pollution side with and without egr and the result was edifying.

Some doubt that the manipulation compares what is comparable ...

An egr just like a dirty fap leads to overconsumption and pollution.

Sure, it's delusional in these cases ... : Mrgreen:

The reprogramming is only there to avoid having the ecu in default.

A little more can be, by transferring the FAP, the pressure drop in the pot changes a lot, it must act on a little everything (filling, air flow, richness etc ....)
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"