"Water in Gasoil" documentary on water injection, car manufacturers know!

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
yoann65
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: "Water in Gasoil" documentary on water injection, car manufacturers know!

by yoann65 » 19/05/19, 20:41

@ Bardal. Do you have a mount on your car?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 20/05/19, 08:02

And you're right…
And indeed, "bubbling at too low a temperature" is exposing yourself to a cold or a sore throat; Personally, I always put a small blanket ...
However, if we are vaccinated ...

Excellent comparison and it is not without reason that we speak of vaccination coverage. Well, it's more a piece of ragged and torn cloth that no longer covers much, especially when it is this cover that spreads infections; but it's the illusion that counts, isn't it? :D
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Flytox

by Flytox » 21/05/19, 17:49

Hello yoann65

yoann65 wrote:The idea retarode me, and would like to start again on made in home, with a bubbler in stainless steel, composed of 2 cylinders, a large and a smaller, the 2 nested one in the other. In the space between the 2 I had the idea of ​​circulating LDR to heat the water in the small cylinder.
At the end of the air inlet which plunges into the water I wanted to put a calorstat as in the diagram of Michel David, to ensure bubbling from 80 degrees.
I'm afraid this system will overheat me, what do you think?

Usually the LDR rotates between 85 and 90 ° depending on where you prick yourself. It is by no means too hot, especially since 90 ° of the LDR does not make 90 ° of the water of your bubbler ...

For a heated bubbler, it seems to me that the simplest to build is simply a copper coil containing the LDR which passes through the bubbler water in the bottom of the bubbler. (Like diameter 16 mm total length between 50 and 80cm long). Be careful if the serpentine pipe is too long, the circulation of LDR is insignificant and it no longer heats up.

The calorstat is certainly a good thing, you have to take a model that does not start too high (like 87 °), there are some that start lower (83?). Something to watch out for, some models have a small "calibrated" leak (like a 1 or 2mm diameter hole) to always ensure a minimum of LDR circulation .... which may need to be sealed.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
yoann65
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yoann65 » 22/05/19, 20:08

Thank you flytox for your response. the welder who will make me the bubbler is comfortable on stainless steel and not on copper. this is why 2 nested tubes seem to be the simplest solution. I tell myself that we will have to guide the ldr between the 2 tubes in order to have optimal circulation and water heating.

Flytox do you have a mount of this type?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/05/19, 23:14

I made one, all in copper and assembled by brazing.
It is not necessarily an example to follow (too complicated) but it allowed me to act on several parameters, water height, water flow, air quantity, air temperature, bubbling height, temperatures etc. ... In short, a little gas plant : Mrgreen: but performance fairly well reproducible and relatively wide operating range. The operation must be detailed somewhere in the post

fixtures-injection water / doping-in-the-vapor-and-water-t3270.html

in the last few years....

bubeur9.jpg
bulleur9.jpg (493.36 KB) Viewed 5644 times

bubeur21.jpg

On the other hand, André's explanations should help you usefully.

bubeur_André.jpg
bulleur_André.jpg (324.83 KiB) Viewed 5644 times
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

yoann65
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yoann65 » 24/05/19, 08:42

Thank you for the photos. what system was your car mounted on?
What does André mean by restriction to control bubbling ??
Thank you for your answers.
0 x
yoann65
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yoann65 » 25/05/19, 19:20

In my assembly I would like to add a valve allowing me to cut the bubbling, or the suction and this a few km before switching off the engine to avoid any condensation in the engine.
What do you think and which valve do you recommend?
please
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 29/05/19, 23:19

yoann65 wrote:Thank you for the photos. what system was your car mounted on?
What does André mean by restriction to control bubbling ??
Thank you for your answers.

On a 19D R1.9 diesel.
The restriction can be a small hole, or a small tap ...
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Flytox

by Flytox » 29/05/19, 23:28

yoann65 wrote:In my assembly I would like to add a valve allowing me to cut the bubbling, or the suction and this a few km before switching off the engine to avoid any condensation in the engine.
What do you think and which valve do you recommend?
please

I hacked my R19 for about 8 years to puff water vapor and or fine water droplets without having any corrosion problems, either in the intake or in the exhaust.

The engine does not need your assembly to itself condense in certain corner of the intake for example .... and it resists without problems.
Finally, it is better not to force-feed the liquid fleet, especially in large drops. This can damage the inlet turbine of the turbo (compressor).
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

yoann65
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yoann65 » 01/07/19, 16:36

Thanks for your explanations. What space would you leave between the 2 stainless steel tubes, for the circulation of the ldr ??
10mm for the diameter of the steam outlet tube c is enough ?? I was thinking of putting a 16 or 18mm, is it too big?

thank you
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"