"Water in Gasoil" documentary on water injection, car manufacturers know!

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: "Water in Gasoil" documentary on water injection, car manufacturers know!

by Janic » 13/05/19, 19:43

What I was trying to express is the fact that most of "these tests" are too unreliable to be credible, especially when they compare with an erroneous reference.
You underline but mix two different aspects that must be clearly distinguished.
a) So far, these tests are attempts to bring together the maximum of experiments, some of which lead to credibility of the system and others which come to nothing, like everything that is experimental. We could compare this with the development of drugs with successive phases which widen as the previous one has given satisfaction.
b) Make a comparison with a wrong reference, this has no global value since it is case by case and this is probably why the industry (outside business) does not adopt such a diverse means . So it is not a question of error (compared to which reference, moreover?) But of incomprehension of the phenomenon itself.
c) Some experimenters wanted the industry to actually take hold of the problem with all the equipment owned by these manufacturers, which DIY enthusiasts do not have. But it remained a dead letter! we must ask the question of why?
and that discredits the principle as true as it is.
Yes and no ! Those who have experimented, and where this has given complete satisfaction, do not need to be credited with anything, since they see daily that it works.
Besides, there are those who discredit willingly the system: either because it was a failure for them, or (and it is more problematic) those who discredit BY PRINCIPLE without any practice, or even having tried (it is the minimum by having an opinion whatever it is).
Clearly we are left with the same situation as with H where those who criticize this medical technique have never tried it or who rely on A having no knowledge and therefore practical experience of the subject.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/05/19, 19:52

Guys, I seem to re-read the sterile debates of 15 years ago ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Yes MAN this is where we talk about it but it is especially for the DeNox: consume less-car / ham-and-water-injection-man anti-nox-in-the-motor-marine-t14241.html
0 x
yoann65
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yoann65 » 17/05/19, 22:08

Good evening everyone. It has been years since I returned to the site, but after my setbacks with my ecopra system I had abandoned the project to redo a pantone.
The idea retarode me, and would like to start again on made in home, with a bubbler in stainless steel, composed of 2 cylinders, a large and a smaller, the 2 nested one in the other. In the space between the 2 I had the idea of ​​circulating LDR to heat the water in the small cylinder.
At the end of the air inlet which plunges into the water I wanted to put a calorstat as in the diagram of Michel David, to ensure bubbling from 80 degrees.
I'm afraid this system will overheat me, what do you think?
Thank you and have a good evening
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 18/05/19, 08:05

yoann65
Good evening everyone. It's been years since I came back to the site, but after my setbacks with my ecopra system I had abandoned the plan to redo a pantone.
Ecopra has gradually changed its systems so you need to know which type you experienced this failure on. You also mention David who did a huge job of roughing up the subject, showing that under his apparent simplicity, it was (in its Gillier Pantone form) much more delicate to implement than it seems. For example it was a huge success on my mower and a failure on my car, but due to the fact that like others I was looking for other tips to improve system faults.
However, in the course of the accounts of each person's experiences, it can be seen that the main criteria retained are little or not met and challenged by David or others.
However, the Ecopra system was fishing, probably, by its recycling of exhaust gases without being able to regulate them as with an EGR, especially with electronics in most vehicles. So whatever you do, you will also have to grope, if you are a handyman! :D
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
yoann65
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yoann65 » 18/05/19, 12:57

Hi and thank you for your answer
I have a lot of groping with my ecopra system without ever having managed to make it work..I am going to see their site and did not find modifications of their kits
I had made an iron bubbler on a 205 and I had good results. on my traffic here i had realized the bubbler in pvc, with less results

I am a handyman and ready to rack my brains, d or my reflection on a bubbler in stainless steel.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 18/05/19, 15:22

it is not possible to repeat point by point the various parameters which have worked for certain users such as the proximity of the gas outlet near the engine, the intake suction, etc ... it is every time new for each user.
But did you raise your problem at Ecopra and did they advise you? In fact, efficiency is supposed to be maximum with very hot gases, whereas for reasons of economy, we drive rather at low speed which is contradictory. My mower worked very well because in constant maximum speed like for tractors, while I drive at 2.000 revs max in petrol. I therefore opted for a AVEC [*] successfully since my CO pollution is almost zero for a vehicle of 20 years and more than 200.000 km [*] [*] and consumption well below manufacturer data.

[*] that I put on all the vehicles of my family and some friends.
[*] [*] as for the previous ones of the same age and KM.
0 x
yoann65
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yoann65 » 18/05/19, 16:27

the problem had been treated, re treated with them, in vain.
the result, eroded turbo !!!
will start making my bubbler by reusing their reactor and we will see
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 18/05/19, 18:46

the result, eroded turbo !!!
:?: which can mean that the water is fixed on the axis (the reactor) which is not in stainless steel and thus that the heat should be insufficient to evaporate it and the tube should also have been it? But it is difficult to judge out of part, because there is a little wear, oxidation, and again, it is not enough to degrade a part, or prevent its operation.
0 x
yoann65
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yoann65 » 18/05/19, 19:49

I think that, on the one hand I had too much thrust from the exhaust gases and which suddenly pushed me water in liquid form in the reactor then in the intake and on the other hand I think that the bubbler did not heat me enough water .
short my next bubbler will be heated by the ldr and no longer by the gas and I will put a calorstat to be sure not to bubble at too low a temperature.
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 19/05/19, 20:32

And you're right…

And indeed, "bubbling at too low a temperature" is exposing yourself to a cold or a sore throat; Personally, I always put a small blanket ...
However, if we are vaccinated ...
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"