New tire concept

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/12/08, 09:43

Hello Ô great moderator econologist :P

: Idea: 2 central questions in this story ...

: Arrow: 1. Michelin puts the gum or not enough :?:
: Arrow: 2. Is the gait gonglée or deflated :?:

: Mrgreen:
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 13/12/08, 09:56

Houlala ... It smells like an attempt at corruption !!! : Mrgreen:
You forgot that -> Image

To answer your questions, I don't know, I feel a little flat : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 13/12/08, 10:42

Gregconstruct wrote:Even if we need to spare, I'm not certain that gaining weight.
There is additional material to give the structure of the "tire".

But the whole metal structure to resist the pressure is no longer useful.

It would be interesting to have the balance of the masses compared between this product and a conventional tire.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 13/12/08, 10:44

Korben Dallas wrote:It would be interesting to have the balance of the masses compared between this product and a conventional tire.

It would indeed be very interesting!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 13/12/08, 11:14

: Arrow: This is not new, Michelin has been working on the subject for quite a few years ... Their concept is called AIRLESS here in 2 wheel version.
This info already dates from 2005 ...

It is obvious, that in final version, the blanks will be covered to avoid filling the void with mud, for example ... imagine the weight and elasticity of the system then ... :P

Me the spare wheels ... I have 3 in my attic ... : roll:
On my LPG cars, the LPG tanks took their place, on the electric car, the batteries took the place of the spare wheel. :?
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 13/12/08, 11:21

We don't have to have a spare tire by law I think ...
I am wrong?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 13/12/08, 11:45

Gregconstruct wrote:We don't have to have a spare tire by law I think ...
I am wrong?

This is not the case in France, and I seem to have heard that a few years ago in Belgium, the spare tire was a paid option and that on the other hand the extinguisher was part of the compulsory equipment.

If someone could confirm or deny ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/12/08, 11:52

It's funny this research but like chatelot16 I don't believe it at all ... at least not for general public applications ....

Anyway you have to change the tread so if it is to save only the tire sidewall ... I'm not sure that the disadvantages are less than the advantages ...

Finally it allows to ask some patents ... and to entertain some engineers ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/12/08, 12:10

citro wrote:: arrow: This is not new, Michelin has been working on the subject for quite a few years ... Their concept is called AIRLESS here in 2 wheel version.
This info already dates from 2005 ...

Hi Citro, that's what I read, "airless". I couldn't remember the name.

Yes, whatever the real technical progress, it allows Michelin to occupy the legal space in the patent world, then strategic space in the industrial world.

Michelin is one of the firms with the best control over patent strategy : Idea:
see http://www.spyworld-actu.com/spip.php?article963
Will the theft of the "magic tire" lead Michelin to revise its secrecy policy? The group's strategy has already evolved a lot for its consumer products. "We are now filing patents for most of our inventions" , confirms Philippe Legrez, director of legal affairs at Michelin. Until recently, the group filed very few patents, for fear of revealing its technologies to competing companies. But for ten years, faced with manufacturers who deposit more and more, Michelin had to align. "If we continued to keep our inventions secret, we risked that others, by filing patents, would prevent us from exploiting innovations that we would have made ourselves previously" says Legrez.

Michelin does not provide figures on the number of patents filed. It protects itself in many countries, but not in all. Because multiplying deposits is expensive, in particular in Europe where, in the absence of a Community patent, companies must file their patents in each country of the Union.

Some firms amortize all or part of these costs by selling licenses to other manufacturers. Michelin, which considers above all the patent as a defensive weapon, only rarely uses this practice. But the group is evolving: it recently authorized its competitors Pirelli and Goodyear to use its Pax technology, known as "puncture-proof", which makes it possible to drive with a flat tire for nearly 200 kilometers. Not for financial reasons, but to "impose a market standard".
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/12/08, 12:14

In the same genre for this job offer gleaned from the net:
http://www.ceipi.edu/pdf/actualite/Offre_Michelin.pdf
Michelin pays particular attention to the best possible use of patents and has developed its choice strategy between patent and secret, multiplying by four its patent filings in the last 10 years (around 140 new protected inventions per year). Michelin has developed its patent service, which currently has 15 patent engineers spread over two sites (Clermont Fd - France and Greenville - USA), including 9 attorneys accredited to the EPO and 3 Patent Attorneys in the USA.

In reality, there are not 140 inventions / year ... These are patents posed in cascade on a few dozen initial inventions, with multiple variants, improvements, refinement in materials, formulas, processes ...

There's nothing more complicated to circumvent than a series of cascading patents : Idea:
0 x