my pantone

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Dearcham
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Dearcham » 29/05/04, 20:55

That's it, my model is finished; after a lot of hassles (a first second-hand mower that was screwed up, shorter times than expected ...) I finally have my pants at home.

For those who do not know me, I presented this Friday as part of a physics project at Jussieu (1st year of material science) a mower retrofitting (necessarily therefore a four-stroke engine) which works wonderfully.

The assembly worked perfectly for the presentation but I had after some problems of tightness at the level of the exhaust (due to the jolts during transport probably). In addition I had to use copper between the exhaust and the reactor and therefore I can not rotate it for more than five minutes, after which the copper begins to smoke (yes I know it was not the best copper ideas for hot exhaust but I was really pressed for time)

The objective is reached, the engine works well by drawing on the mixture of the bubbler (tested 30% water 70% gasoline)
I plan to redo a part for sealing and change this copper dirt, I would try with more water as soon as it is done.

On the other hand, I could not do a complete break-in (still copper) but I noticed a rather strange phenomenon at the level of the magnetization:
about 10 cm from the reactor, engine side I have a deviation of the needle of my compass of 45 °, it returns to normal to 5 cm from the engine side reactor and changes again until a total reversal at the start of the reactor (therefore bubbler side) then the land field resumes its rights just a few centimeters before the start of the reactor

Valou for now, I would keep you informed of developments thereafter concerning the pollution tests (I had done a garage test before mounting but the guy took it like a sleeve and found me 0% of Co2 output)

Rulian, see you when you want me to show you this and discuss the baby's development.

thanks to Quanthomme, Econo and Christophe!
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 31/05/04, 17:41

Really, but I will have to reach you ...
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 01/06/04, 07:28

:P :P
Cool !!!
Do you have the possibility to make measurements of the magnetic field?
I know, it is not easy to implement, but it is an info that I believe important, it would demonstrate the real presence of plasma: blink:
A +, keep us informed !!
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Dearcham
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Dearcham » 01/06/04, 23:38

No device for now except my compass but I will try to recover a gaussmeter.

If you have other measurement ideas don't hesitate; I have already recommended reducing T's (I have to braze the reactor tubes) and I will inquire to make a central glass tube. ; the concern will be to find glass tube which withstands 800 ° (measurement to be done too) and especially on which I can make a conical thread;)

The next improvement (but before the very hypothetical glass tube) will be to put two bubblers with taps before the reactor to be able to control the water / gasoline ratio of the mixture and to understand a little better the reactions of the beast.

as an aside:
Rulian my cell phone is dead but I will join you after next Tuesday, I am totally available
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 02/06/04, 07:37

Dearcham wrote:No device for now except my compass but I will try to recover a gaussmeter.

If you have other measurement ideas don't hesitate; I have already recommended reducing T's (I have to braze the reactor tubes) and I will inquire to make a central glass tube. ; the concern will be to find glass tube which withstands 800 ° (measurement to be done too) and especially on which I can make a conical thread;)

The next improvement (but before the very hypothetical glass tube) will be to put two bubblers with taps before the reactor to be able to control the water / gasoline ratio of the mixture and to understand a little better the reactions of the beast.

as an aside:
Rulian my cell phone is dead but I will join you after next Tuesday, I am totally available

: Huh:
Hello,
Can I ask you for a glass tube?
Especially since even in pyrex, it seems to me that this would not hold thermal shocks and you risk ending up with pieces IN your engine !!!
No lol all that, right?
A+ :(
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 02/06/04, 13:15

Glass is stretched under the conditions ...
If it's a story of being able to see through, try other materials (polymers or special glasses, but it could be expensive ...). But it is true that being able to see through seems to me a very interesting idea for observations. When to thread glass, you will not get there without good stuff (not with an old tap from Leroy Merlin ...).

As an aside: I admit that I was desperate, Dearcham. I look forward to your call :P
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 04/06/04, 09:17

:P :P
Hello,
Here is something found on the net:
The Thompson Effect~

One end of a copper rod is heated and the other is cooled. If the hot side is heated high enough, it will thermally increase the kinetic energy of the outer orbit electrons to a point where their kinetic energy (1/2 mv2) will be greater than the work function and allow them to discharge into space. Due to the copper conductivity the electrons, instead of dissipating into the air, will shift in tremendous quantity toward the cools side in straight lines, following the heat propagation velocity. By reaction, excited electrons for the cool side will travel in the opposite direction at the speed of a particle (1/2 mv2) toward the hot side encircling the copper rod by gyroscopic phenomenon and following Fleming's rule. The product is very low voltage (few millivolts) as a result of the electrons traveling in a circular motion. But, as in any electrical circuit, the EMF in the copper rod is governed by Ohm's law (E / R = I) and will be in the range of several thousand amperes.

It seems that this Thompson effect could well be involved in the Pantone process, because it also applies to metals other than copper!
So, it seems that not only is there a cracking of the molecules but also a generation of a strong electric current in the nucleus, which leans in favor of the creation of a plasma !!
What do you think?
A + <_
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 04/06/04, 12:21

Don't ignite you Bibi. The Thompson effect is, with the Pelletier effect the basis of the functioning of thermocouples, used for temperature measurements. The electromotive forces generated are very weak and can in no way play a valid energetic role in an energetic process. And I want to emphasize that it only works between the two ends of a single piece of metal, put at different temperatures.

The only interest of these currents is to be measurable to deduce the temperatures where we make our measurements. Nothing more.
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 04/06/04, 12:38

Rulian wrote:And I want to emphasize that it only works between the two ends of a single piece of metal, put at different temperatures.

The only interest of these currents is to be measurable to deduce the temperatures where we make our measurements. Nothing more.

:P
Well, that's the case in the pantone, right? one end of the central rod is hotter than the other !!
I understand that the voltage generated is very low, but there are amps !! all full!! It is besides what, I believe, must produce the observed magnetism <_
A+
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 04/06/04, 16:34

I won't be able to give you a lesson on the Thompson effect, but I think you are on the wrong track when trying to explain the Pantone with that.

When amps, as you say, there is not necessarily (on thermocouples, we operate in open circuit, so no current, so no amps.).
0 x