Pantone motor insurance and eternal problems?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 09/04/07, 12:22

And if the pantones were approved, you would have to pay the TIPP on water because:
"It applies to products offered for sale or intended for use as motor fuel, as additives or to increase the final volume of motor fuels" : Lol: : Lol:
And how do you tell the difference between taxed and untaxed water? Tap water should be tinted red like fuel oil Image
good i'm going out : Cheesy:
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 09/04/07, 12:48

An insurer can insure anything as long as everything is clearly stated on the contract.
0 x
queff
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by queff » 10/04/07, 01:58

Do not mix approval and insurance;

Any significant modification (to the appreciation of the courts, obviously) of a vehicle circulating on the public domain involves in France an obligation to go to the DRIRE (the mines) for traffic authorization. The DRIRE can even request a trip to the vehicle bench to define the powers, torques, etc ... If authorization, issue of a new registration document. This procedure theoretically includes all body kits, engine modifications, and also concerns any import vehicle unless it holds the COC (Certificate of Conformity) to be requested from the importer in France.

So if a modified vehicle is driven without having passed through the DRIRE, it can be ticketed.

Concerning insurers, they will not insure an unapproved vehicle, and will refuse to cover the risk if the vehicle has been modified without their being informed. On the other hand, nothing theoretically prevents an insurer from covering a modified and approved vehicle, if it is not the laziness to make a tailor-made contract. There are probably insurers "specialized" in this kind of contract, a bit like for old vehicles ...

It is not enough to invoke a lack of information after everyone takes responsibility, no one is supposed to ignore the law.

Regarding foreign vehicles, they can drive in France with their original plates for 6 months I believe, provided they are covered by their insurance. Beyond that, the need to register in France, either automatically if the model has the COC, or after switching to the DRIRE and authorization ...

Laurent
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 10/04/07, 04:37

Hello

You are trying to tell me that if your car, which has well insured water doping pants, parked on the street, it is stamped by a drunk driver, your insurance will not pay you because the car has been modified?

I think that the assailants are even worse, than the government caves that lay down laws for you ...
In case you ignore it there is only one insurer in the world
Its head office is in London, all the insurance companies are affiliated to this big box, it's like a big union.

Andre
0 x
queff
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by queff » 10/04/07, 04:47

André,

This is not entirely correct ... Because if nothing from the outside can reveal the modification, and as long as there is no human damage (injuries or worse), there is no general no in-depth expertise. The assembly can therefore go unnoticed ...

Laurent
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 10/04/07, 09:23

André, you mean reinsurance.
For small risks your insurer takes the risk alone. If he judges that the sums involved are too large for him alone, he will insure part of the risk with reinsurers. They can also do the same, and, on very large files, we will find a cascade of reinsurers, who can also very well be competitors. The Lloyds is certainly the biggest.

Auto claims are generally not part of this system. It would already be necessary to succeed a lot of considerable damage. : Lol:
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 10/04/07, 13:28

Philippe Schutt wrote:André, you're talking about reinsurance ...

Auto claims are generally not part of this system. It would already be necessary to succeed a lot of considerable damage. : Lol:

Anything can happen: colleagues told me an anecdote from the 1970s / 80s (?) An MAIF insured stuck his vehicle on a level crossing where a freight train was arriving. The damage amounted to billions of cents. But like a bank, insurance can never lose money: the following year it was each member who had to put his hand in the pocket to make up the deficit : Evil:
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 10/04/07, 17:09

Yes, by the way, the reinsurance system had played a role, and ultimately almost all of us paid for it!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/01/09, 14:55

0 x