Water molecule: dextrorotatory or levorotatory?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/03/07, 13:43

ThierrySan wrote:(By the way, if anyone could tell me where to find a dissolving chart of CO2 in the water depending on the temperature, I would be very grateful ...)

+ 1 and I would add:
- the maximum saturation according to T ° and g CO2 / kg of water
- pH = f (% CO2).

ThierrySan wrote:Therefore, dissolution of CO2 in water acidifies the water creating ions called carbonate ions: CO3 (2-). That we find naturally in the rainwater, but I also think by the dissoution of the exhaust ...

It can be said then that mineral water, naturally charged with magnesium, calcium and others, can react in solution with water to produce the products mentioned above.

Hu?

ThierrySan wrote: Again, is this to prove ...

Much of the calaire could also stay at the bottom of the bubbler a priori not? To evaporate? Anyway there has never been any damage in this sense ...

ps: this discussion could perhaps lead to a "simple" method of capturing CO2 using water, right?
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 24/03/07, 14:30

For the products made, you skipped a small passage that I recite:
Therefore, dissolution of CO2 in water acidifies the water creating ions called carbonate ions: CO3 (2-). That we find naturally in the rainwater, but I also think by the dissoution of the exhaust ...

If we take a closer look at the carbonate ions, we can see that they are present in many products: potassium bicarbonate (very used in cooking); baking soda; magnesium carbonate and calcium carbonate which are the source of limestone; etc ...
It can be said then that mineral water, naturally charged with magnesium, calcium and others, can react in solution with water to produce the products mentioned above.

Christophe wrote:
Much of the calaire could also stay at the bottom of the bubbler a priori not? To evaporate? Anyway there has never been any damage in this sense ...

Absolutely, but must be sure! No?!

Christophe wrote:
ps: this discussion could perhaps lead to a "simple" method of capturing CO2 using water, right?

Yes, and why not ?! Thanks to magnesium or calcium, separating the baths with filters and etc ...
I believe that this method is already more or less used in catalytic exhausts, where it seems to me that they use a catalyst so that the water, contained in the exhaust gas, recovers much of the CO2. To see more closely!
I even think we can go further ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/03/07, 14:39

ThierrySan wrote:where it seems to me that they use a catalyst so that the water, contained in the exhaust gases, recovers a large part of the CO2. To see more closely!

Uh I've never heard anything in this sense ... and in view of T ° cata (800 ° C) I do not think there is a gram of liquid water ... you're sure of your info the? You would not confuse with the injection of urea (well liquid it) anti-nox?

ThierrySan wrote:I even think we can go further ...

Vui :)
Let's make sparkling water against warming !! : Cheesy:
0 x
Lhenry
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Lhenry » 05/12/09, 16:07

You mix things that have nothing to do. The vortex is a consequence of the force of Coriolis, phenomenon due to the rotation of the Earth (cf course on the mechanics of the non-Galilean ref point).
The chirality of a molecule is by definition a molecule with no point or axis of symmetry. The water molecule absolutely does not respect these conditions (several planes of symmetry). There is therefore no need to speak of levorotatory or dextrogyre (property proper to chiral molecules).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 05/12/09, 16:53

Just to help those who try to understand:

- levogyre: a solution of the subtances in question is crossed by a polarized light (This means that the light waves that constitute this light all oscillate in parallel planes, a little as if they passed in a comb); at the exit, if the substance is called levorotatory, we see that this plane has tilted more or less to the left!

- so indeed, water (as full of subtances) is neither, it just does not make sense

- and the question of "below is on the left therefore above is on the right" does not make more sense: we reason in the direction of the light beam, who has a source, goes through the solution, and continues, so a direction ... So we put ourselves in the position of the light ray (polarized so) ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/12/09, 17:30

Hi friends,

Yes Did67: water neither dextrorotatory nor levorotatory ...

The molecule mirror water is identical to itself because there is no no asymmetrical center in water.

It is also said that H2O is NON chiral, or achiral.

As such, it has no effect on the polarization plane of a polarized light.

But I'm not sure everyone understands what the polarization of light is ... :P
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 05/12/09, 18:13

Remundo wrote:
But I'm not sure everyone understands what the polarization of light is ...: P

I tried, with my story of combed light !!!

Everyone may remember that it is not the molecules that rotate, as I have read, but the direction in which the wave of a well "combed" light vibrates which is a little shifted in one direction or another. the other if we follow the direction of the ray?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/12/09, 18:30

Wow, that disgusts this image of combed light 8)
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"