Open Letter to Members of Pantone-econology

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 08/03/06, 08:52

Hi Pitmix,

it looks like an overpressure instead of a depression: or you have not connected the right pipe, or you have no depression at the entrance of your reactor. Engine running, when you unplug the pipe and putting the palm of the hand at the end you can see if it sucks or if it blows.

André will give you the solution.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 08/03/06, 15:13

hi Pitmix
The pipe that comes out of the rocker cover there is a small (check valve)
Tare valve it is he who prevents you from sucking it off at a certain depression following the engines removes it must communicate directly in the lid and for the pompous engines of oil it takes an oil separator,
(like the small box that there is, at the entrance of the compressors in refrigeration which retains the liquid freon so as not that the compressor downstream of the liquid)
You know every day I learn a few things and at the fure and as I dig in a field I realize that does not know much. when he spends a day and I learned nothing
it's a day of pure loss.

For now, your preoccupation is to make the panton walk
at least a few times, so walking with things known then changes to your ideas otherwise you will never know if it's the reactor, the carburetor or the breather, or ...?

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 08/03/06, 19:44

Exact André it's 5ans I work and every day I learn. It's great to know that it's always like that. The problem is also to remember everything, because when we do not practice regularly we forget (like for example the spelling : Mrgreen: ).
It would be necessary that I get closer to my colleague who is an ace of mechanics, but I do not want to rot him his weekend ("weekend" in good French :P ) with my stories ...
For the breather I do not absolutely want to do that. I tested I failed. So I put it aside for now.
I will make a proper bubbler heated by the coolant and then we will vera for the rest.
Everything is easily removable so no worries.
This is also why we feel that I make a lot of changes. Two keystrokes with a knob of copper here and there and voila.
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 08/03/06, 19:51

PITMIX wrote:I will make a proper bubbler heated by the coolant and then we will vera for the rest.

Ho good mother !! that's it! He finally decides to make a bubbler!Image
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 08/03/06, 20:19

But not my loulou it's been a long time that I want to make one.
And then it is not always done so do not cry victory.
What will make me sh .... is to make a bubbler and it does not work. You know what I mean. : Cry:
0 x
mmm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Venturi-CARB

by mmm » 10/03/06, 21:39

Venturi-CARB

About these two things, which I did not try but the figures given on the forum, made me doubt mine. I have some comments to make, that this an interesting subject to follow, even if the carburettor as it has been described and drawn, it can not work, but I do not exclude it.
As long as you build it and use it PROPERLY.
If I make a mistake please let me know.
Let's start with a simple description, the venturi, a device used in a fluid column to create a speed increase locally, it is used to measure hydraulic flows (water), oil, gas.
Used for the regulation of any type, in any type of pressure, missile control the German VI, through hydraulic systems at high pressure, Dual-Path, landing gear B-52, use of physical proportionality and measurable of the speed of the fluid and the local depression created.
Its use in a carburetor this to increase the speed of the column locally, create a depression to diffuse the fuel in proportion to the engine speed.
The carburetor you are trying to build this Stromberg carburetor
In figure A, you have in red the zone of increase of speed, in blue the depression, there are different ways to increase the performances of the venturi according to its use.
The black arrow that the direction of arrival of the column, you will notice that here is an error found on three drawings or photos, I request confirmation and verification, are confirmed by two times, the third did not answer.
In the specific case that we occupy here, there are two venturi, the Primary Venturi which is the main, it will cause a vacuum proportional to the speed of the motor fig. AT.
Secondary Venturi or carburettor fig. B.
You will also notice that without VP, or restriction (we will come back to the creation of a restriction later), the two branches remain in balance, with a definite disadvantage on the part which interests us.
For "it circulates in the reactor" it must either push (engine crankcase gas) or suck.
Here I want to tell you, and I'm pleased to our Canadian friend Andre, flow pushes, flow sucked no difference, it is still pushed, throttle engine gases, is pushed by leaks caused by engine explosions, gases in a venturi are PUSHED by the atmospheric pressure. And I do not like his differences of appointment.
Whether the imbalance generator is before or after, its study of the mechanical point of fluids is the same. The effects vary this all.
The question now is whether our needs have an influence on the normal and extreme operation of the engine, all types combined.
Our needs are to enslave a column of fluid that has several devices that should not interfere with normal engine operation.
We know that in an engine, the maximum speed not to be exceeded in the air supply column must never exceed 17m / s (in extreme cases, F1, around 20 / 24 m / s), and from this speed more control over any parameter, mixture or combustion. Even with turbo.
On the other hand, with the measuring method previously described in the "assembly instructions", one can very easily refine the limits that can be reached without disrupting or harming the normal operation of the engine.
It is now a matter of building the Primary Venturi.
From the beginning of these explanations to the Pantone's turn, or aspects of the operation on the thermal engines, I strove not to meter precise figures, only in the order of magnitude, Pitmix just help me find a definition exact on the measurements made with the water column, IF DOES NOT MOVE THIS VERY WELL, so if it moves, ask yourself the question that normal compared to what I would like to measure, the measure that normal or not.
To calculate the dimensions, we will not do it by sophisticated calculations, we will do it by measuring the water column, and a theoretical approach that you will be able to check on the engines team of carburettor or turbo, the Diesel not -turbo by a theoretical and verifiable approach, but in no case should not change the engine-based performance.
Carburetor motors, single body, measure the internal diameter of the carburettor, measure the diameter of the restriction of the venturi (throttling) a little difficult normally you have the diffuser, or the motor-screener, kind of crappy thing (excuses) that serve on the new engines to power a carburetor.
If you divide the large diameter by the small diameter, you will get a rate between 1.5 and 1.85, for memory there are 2.0 rates.
You can keep this dimension, the long inlet cone is a conduct that has the function of bringing the air column without detachments from the surface layer, that the line of contact against the metal of the carburettor.
Normally this is the dimension of the restriction.
The short exit cone is less than half the small diameter, so as not to create turbulence.
The central part half the small diameter.
I know there are people who are going to shout, they are right, but check, the experience of changes in the 70 years, on the Weber 40 / 45 COD and if you have ideas easier to explain and do , forward. I have limits.
For standard diesel engines, a rate between 2.0 and 2.5 goes through everything.
Turbo engines, take as a starting measure the smallest size turbo intake diameter, and apply the previous rules of construction and measure.
You can at any time check your construction, a set of Hose to go from large diameter to small diameter, placed in the filter line to the carburetor, or intake pipe, enough.
WITHOUT MOUNTING THE VP, a parallel tap and on which you can connect the measuring device, normally nothing should move, can be one or two mm due to the superficial tension of the water. If not check your filter.
Fit the VP, OBSTRUCT THE CENTER DRILLING, the measurements must be the same.
Connect and measure the water column, when drilling note it.
To summarize the introduction of VP does not change the characteristics of the manufacturers.
Now it's all about describing the Stromberg carburetor. Fig. B its schematic representation, it consists in exploiting the maximum depression created in the maximum velocity of the venturi, in this particular case of carburettor a radial drilling adjustable by screw black line, to feed in compression the idle, and an emulsion of the fuel.
The fuel dosage is obtained by nozzle, B§S engines, at a fixed speed, or by a needle in the vertical axis that enters the fuel supply well, and that it is associated with a guillotine or air shutter (not shown)
It consists in placing in the center of the column at the place of its maximum speed a protruding spout, is semicircular in shape, which is not obliged to reach half of the restriction, a cut of 2.5 mm , by 2.5mm in a pipe of 10 this sufficient, if you want to vary its values, a measure is necessary.
Let's go to the second venturi or VS
What I think is useless, this is the column that comes from the VP in a line of 10 mm that will have a speed of 5mm on the column, 7 / 8mm equivalent of 17 m / s (I do not consult any free) or 12 mm, it depends on the type of engine and the venturi, but we can make a setting at the start, air filter side, yours, yours, it starts to simplify our business.
This Stromberg carburetor of fig. B only the empty blue, becomes WATER.
To make it work you need a level
And for this to work it takes a constant level, and can make adjustments, to change the qualities of the steam injected into the reactor. This too complicated, excuse me, I do not follow you in this way.
If there are volunteers to simplify this problem I want to study the proposals, by MP, we study, we propose, no problem, we agree, and we put on the forum.
By cons there are other ways, water injection, I think I have already spoken, or other system, trough etc.
We need the steam, so it's enough that the arrival of water flows in a pipe heated from 85 / 87 ° C that this water is not cooled by the column, that in this assembly comes from the air filter, so you have to warm up this behavior.
Let's go back to the water supply system, if we delete the VS squarely.
In a very specific place, for security placed vertically of a copper pipe which makes a loop on the exhaust pipe (in my system I have removed the breather gases are hot), well stick and isolate it must walk, one of my heaters I built it like that, and this steam, but uncontrolled.
In the branch that comes from the air filter, we make a restriction, fixed or variable, we create a depression, between the stitching VP and the restriction, and it does not affect absolutely in the operation of the engine, we who have manufactured artificially these phenomena.
This depression will fetch the amount of water needed for the operation of the reactor, you can measure the difference in level with the column, install a solenoid valve and do it by gravity, and make a diet with adjustment.
This sure you will have less leeway than with a pump.
E yes, why complicate life, the easier it works.
Excuse me these last two paragraphs it is not clear, I would come back as well as on the last paragraphs "assembly tips"
I did not realize this montage, simply I simulated it and gave up.
Thank you
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 11/03/06, 00:02

Wow : Shock: I have a headache.
Well, I think I managed to follow you.
In the end the problem of the venturi used in water carb is not that it does not work is that it must be done with care and use the right way.
So it's a little complicated to develop for a neophite (like me : Mrgreen: )
On the other hand, there is another easier way to achieve the same results.
And that's why I've been thinking for months.
Yet nothing seems complicated at first.
It is quite charming as a replacement for the bubbler. 8)
0 x
mmm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

MOTOR TEMPERATURE

by mmm » 14/03/06, 23:19

MOTOR TEMPERATURE

The origin of the temperature in a heat engine comes from the explosion of the mixture introduced into the engine cylinder.
This an explosion, inflammation at a speed below 6500 m / s
A higher speed than a detonation.
The clatter, these two fronts of ignition, the first uncontrolled, the second controlled facing, its speed is multiplied by two, exceeding the aforementioned speed, so there is a detonation.
The temperature at the time of ignition is as follows, around the candle or injector is 2500 / 2300 ° C. At the exhaust valve 1300 ° C.
The rise in pressure is instantaneous 80 bars, the energy is transmitted to the crankshaft, 20 Ton, to give an idea of ​​size, with each explosion.
The piston begins to descend, and this in this phase, between detonation explosion of the gases and low point of the piston, that the heat is transmitted to the cooling circuit.
Opening the exhaust valve, TEch 600 / 700 ° C.
This is the conditions in which any standard engine explosion occurs.
This the number of explosions in the unit of time that will extend, on all these numbers. The cooling time is reduced, the gas TEch is communicated to the valve, no problem expected.
Fresh gases have less time to cool the parts, and TEch gas is communicated to metals, and can be measured on the exhaust pipe.
So these 600 / 700 temperatures can only be reached when the engine is fully loaded.
For the record, I want to explain the thermal laws that must never be crossed, to not shorten the life of an engine.
This is a scale, TAd admission temperature, also called 100 ° C law, TEch exhaust temperature, and middle piston TP temperature.
What I'm talking about, everything stands, and understood for the unbelieving who does not believe in the Pantone, and that's why I tried, to convince me.
The Admission Temperature TAd is the most important (in some occasions), ship engines, confines, except aviation, for what because from 105 / 108 degrees depending on the type of engine and this particular: Its configuration, power, environment etc. . there is a very precise limit, for each degree centigrade on admission, the exhaust temperature takes 100 ° C, this way.
It is true that the density of the air varies with its temperature, if the TAd decreases the amount of air entering the engine increases.
But the rise of TAd that causes the turbo, in a car, that it a confined and compact environment, to have a standard of manufacture and safety, in all points of the globe that it will be marketed this type of vehicle, one install the TAd cooler.
The TEch Exhaust Temperature is the easiest to monitor, 600 °, in unimportant cases, ex. motor motor four and two-stroke with the particularity in the latter case of mounting the resonator with mounting two variants 664 ° and 674 ° and its march; an exception the two-stroke variable valve motors that I do not know what for work with temp. Max. of 200 degrees, if there is that know, I am taker.
The TEch of 600 ° is exceeded yes, but for how long.
The TPiston, this equilibrium point, 268 ° C, this the best kept secret of the industry, alloys; from this temperature, the piston begins to lose its mechanical qualities.
The conditions in which one arrives at this temperature are, load Max. and time, we exceed this temperature yes, but with precaution, concrete example Renault, to validate the pistons for the 24H of Le Mans made tests on the highway Lyon-Chambery to reproduce the long straight of Hinaudieres, invalid, l The following year rented a racing circuit in the USA with one or two baffles, and after that we know the results, and Toyota that same.
I come back on the TAd in balance on TEch on the Audi A Quatro group A 70 years, 3L engine 600 ch, turbo compound, pressure 2.8 bar, forced to spray water on the intake to cool on the air temperature d admission, and if Michelle Mouton found one on more power 20% the car will be a plane, and this simple finding that decided me to build my first Pantone.
This focus on the temperatures it seemed to me necessary, to avoid the inaccuracies that one finds on the forum.
So that everyone can understand, in two words to know when we announce temperatures to know that it corresponds, a temperature of about 450 ° ignition engine or diesel, we start to load the engine this all. A fixed speed gas engine, constant load, GE, all and cooled intake manifolds, exhaust, turbo, air intake.
Can also be the explanation of Pantone performance on fixed or similar engines, agricultural tractors.
Fig. To this example of the power control of a heat engine, it is valid for any type of engine, except for fixed speed engines Genset, GE. The line is limited to 1500 T / m, but not the power and heat.
This representation of me who creates it, to illustrate that the heat follows the amount of fuel and power. Regardless of its displacement, speed.
A particular vehicle currently (I do not want meter digits) oscillates between points A and B, except highway and heavy loads, exception, the camper and towing trailer. Information to remember, currently a vehicle consumes in the city the same fuel for transportation, as for electric consumers.
An industrial engine, whether on board, agricultural tractor, public works machine, truck, or other; whether at fixed or variable speed, in the transport or work phases, oscillates between the points, B and C.
Can be the explanation of information, unconfirmed for the success of multi-reactors; the amount of gas and exhaust temperature are different.
So the camper and trailer tractors I assimilate them to engines of the second type.
All this was known, but I wanted to know everything about the minimum temperature the reactor starts to operate, and from another side, for safety, to know if the pressure and heat waves generated by the reactor in the exhaust RETURN to the engine.
To measure these temperatures, I bought a thermocouple, VC 140, ref. 12 16 17-82 at the price of 16.95 € Conrad; check with my standard tools.
After many tests, during the summer, the system worked, it still had a Yo-Yo in the temperatures that I could not stabilize.
I did not want to quantify, the finished summer it's getting worse and worse, and the thermal insulation has fixed everything, by magic, all the variations have disappeared, and I started to quantify, calibrate the meters, try thermal switches automatic start, they burned without exception.
Towards the end of November it began to vary the temperatures, a more serious isolation and the turn is played.
The operating temperature of the reactor is 85 / 87 ° C.
The importance of this temperature means that it is not necessary to change the way of driving, driving as you say "cushy" is enough, the good results of consumption that they come from, driving in town do not bother him.
And I can add a question to the survey proposed in my open letter.
Compared to the crap pot, catalytic pardon, would you use which antipollution system a system that starts to operate at 85 / 87 ° C, or one that starts to operate at 270 ° C.

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/4673 ... eur9gs.png
0 x
Other

by Other » 14/03/06, 23:50

Hello MMM

Currently I am testing a part of your editing
that is to say that to reduce the water consumption of the bubbler,
I made an auxiliary input that comes from the (Bleeder) breather
at first sight the system seems to me satisfactory,
One of the immediate benefits I see is that before the bubbler is hot the breather delivers hot gas quickly with steam from the first minutes of walking.
the outlet temperature of the reactor has dropped it is between 90c and 110c
I continue in this line before trying your system to complete water injection. or keep this principle but more simplified,
it's the part of swallowing what comes out of the casing that I like, even if it must eat a little oil I think it makes old engines without leak cleaner.

When you talk about 85c a 87c you talk about the steam coming out of the reactor?
and what temperature should the exhaust gases be at the outlet of the manifold? just before the reactor
What temperature did you measure on the steam entering the reactor?
(In my case it is clearly below 80c you can touch the conduit not too long)

For the reactor steam outlet
On diesel last summer I also realized that it was based on temperature, while on the gasoline auto it is significantly warmer, sometimes 270c the copper tube becomes black but not necessarily more efficient, on the consumption fuel.

Agree with you for what you say about engine temperature, depending on engine size
With an 125cc engine and an 12,7mm reactor I reach higher temperatures than with a 3,8 liter engine and the same reactor!
The pistons on the engines are cooled with engine oil by spraying below the pistons. (some engine is drilled a small hole in the big end to generously water the crown of the piston)

I'm just a little surprised about the values ​​of the flame front
In an explosion engine I thought it was in the
35 meters seconds and even less for a diesel

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 15/03/06, 06:27

I'm waiting for my thermocouple probes to take temperatures. But I too don't know where to take them.
From what I understand it is reactor output; exhaust outlet (manifold) and intake (manifold).
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"