Open Letter to Members of Pantone-econology

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 07/03/06, 03:18

Hello
For Pitmix 0,4 bar in negative it must surely do more than 40 mm of water. (40mm is the breath in a straw)
Let's say I'm more used to measured in inches of mercury
my manometer at rest indicates 30 inches of mercury (atmospheric pressure) and when the engine is idling, it indicates 12 inches of mercury, at 100kmh it indicates 18 inches
This instrument is used in all aircraft dashboards including Europeans the values ​​correspond to the engine speed when the engine runs at 2400 RPM one should have 24 inches of mercury at the intake if the engine is well coupled (propeller at not good)

but I know that a big depression is approaching 7 meters of water for suction pumps.

You should not mix depression in the manifold with pressure in the housing of an engine is two things differrent
In the casing the rapid movement of the pistons causes a significant stirring in the crankcase, but according to the wear of the segments or the ovalization of the cylinders there is a passage of the combustion gases in this crankcase, and if there were not this would give a pressure, which can not rise very high because of the design of the crankshaft seals and the valve cover (rocker cover) in practice all is conceived so that this part of the engine is to ventilate, that it is in slow motion or in regime one uses a PCV valve (positive Crankcase ventilation) that makes me piss to write that in American but I do not know the no in good French. C, is a valve which is triggered following a certain depression, to maintain the ventilated housing
The rule when a motor blows through the oil filler cap is usually a sign of pronounced wear, but it can also come from a motor washed by the fuel, it always indicates a significant gas passage through them. segments.

Since you use water doping, it's blowing through the breather?
This surprises me, because since I dope to the water, it is the opposite, my oil has never been so clean and I do 6000km between my oil changes, without adding oil, the vehicle has 2615000km to date .
it may be that your vehicle has been shut down for a long time and that you have just put it into operation, or that you are running too rich engine washed with fuel or that you operate with an oil level too high.

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 07/03/06, 08:01

Hi and thank you for your info
Do not worry André I do not mix the depression in the reactor and the pressure of oil vapor.
I do not think my engine is worn out because it does not smoke. It does not consume oil. I think that the breather rejects are caused when the engine swallows water.
When I use the reactor at the next start, there may be condensed water. I think that's what causes oil rejection.
Genial your remarks on the English words that resumes well what I have been told by Canadians.
Example in France we have the panels "Stop" in Canada is "Stop". :P
We stick English words everywhere but we do not know how to speak English. : Mrgreen:
Good if not to return to the pressures and depressions what I wanted to say is that if the reading on my man is illegible at the level of the breather is that it's good.
Nevertheless one thing is bizzare but you will surely seem normal.
I tried to connect my breather on my water carb.
During motorway acceleration, the engine oil was removed through the filler cap.
I told myself it's normal because the housing does not breathe anymore.
Actually the breather in the acceleration phase spits in the air filter, while once connected to my water heater it spits directly into the intake manifold.
It made me think that once again my suction of steam is not good at the level of the collector.
I must repeat the depression test in acceleration phase.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/03/06, 12:09

The calculation of pressure (and depression) is done according to the following formula: P (Pa) = (9,81 * Z * p) where
• Z = height of the liquid in meter
• p = density of the liquid in kg / m3.
• 9,81 = Average intensity of gravity.

For water, it therefore takes about 10,3 m to equal atmospheric pressure => 10,3 * 1000 * 9,81 = 101043 Pa roughly equal to 101325 Pa = Patmo.

For mercury, 760 mm Hg => P = 0,76 * 13600 * 9,81 = 101396 Pa roughly equal to 101325 Pa = Patmo.

The measures of Andrew therefore give:
> 12 inches at idle correspond to 40681 Pa, i.e. 0,4 bars
> 18 inches at 100km / h correspond to 61022 Pa, i.e. 0,6 bars

Pitmix measurements give:
> 12 mm of water correspond to 118 Pa or 0,001 bars ...
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 07/03/06, 13:13

Attention when I say 12mm of water column I take again the figure that gave by mmm with respect to the oil vapor pressure at the breather level.
As for depression in admission I-0,4Bars slow down and -0,2bars thoroughly.
I have not measured the oil vapor pressure yet. But according to data from mmm it must be almost non-existent.

For the calculations of manometric height I planted myself.

My depression of -0,4 bars slows down in the reactor gives a water column of 4m.
That's right ?
0 x
mmm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mmm » 07/03/06, 15:24

Restriction-side trough in the collars, reactor section, or steam supply
0 x
Other

by Other » 07/03/06, 15:47

hi Pitmix

In the breather there is 2 hose
1 which comes from the air filter (it is the entrance of air to ventilate the crankcase)
2 another coming out of the rocker cover
through a pcv valve and which enters under the carburettor in the depression (it is the output of oil vapor + water + engine gas)
this is the pipe you need to use
I did not have this problem, we use it instead, the engine is cleaner.

If it really does what you say is that it does not pull hard in the reactor, the pressure in the crankcase can not rise if it sucks in it.

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 07/03/06, 20:35

hi Andrew
I'm having trouble answering you because I'm not a mechanic. But what is certain is that I have two pipes one big which is fixed on the air filter and the other one which is fixed on a spacer which gives under the carburettor.
I do not know if it is to suck fresh air or on the contrary to spit the oil vapor.
The two pipes are connected to a plastic tee which is itself connected to the rocker cover.
There is also a pipe that must come from the housing that is attached to the intake manifold (certainly the breather in question) and another that must be for the brakes.
But again I do not know clearly the role of these pipes.
0 x
Other

by Other » 08/03/06, 00:25

hi Pitmix
it is in full that the one that comes out of the rocker cover it is in him that it is necessary to aspire.
It is necessary that you block the part which enters under the carburettor with a rubber tube end and a plug (aims planted in)
Sana what that suck the air by and the idle will be poor and fast.
and that's all, instead of taking your outside air you take it in the case it's hot and oily, it starts to resemble MMM except for the injection ..

Me neither I am not a mechanic, but everything is learned, just want, you have many years in front of you ..

Andre
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 08/03/06, 00:28

by the way pitmix is ​​what your crate dejas (I know quite well the mill group psa)
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 08/03/06, 07:00

Hi it is a Renault Super 5 1,4L carburetor Db body Compound Weber automatic transmission.
André is this tube that I used instead of getting fresh air. And the engine oil is reassembled by the filler cap.
Or because when I acccelerate it blows into the reactor instead of sucking or because the oil vapors are not evacuated.
I have to take the pressure before starting over again to realize what is going on.
If you're right I'm here to learn and I've already learned a lot since I started on the forum.
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"