Lavoisier

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
henri
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by henri » 25/10/05, 11:00

Hello

Lavoisier's experience:

Purpose of the operation:

show by experience that nothing is created, nothing is lost everything is transformed.
Evaporate water by heating it in a closed container, pass the steam thus created through an iron tube (gun barrel) buried in and overheated by embers.

Then condense this vapor and get water again.
So far nothing extraordinary. However during the experiment, Lavoisier noted that he did not find the same amount of water, he lacked it. On the strength of his theory, he sought or could have passed the missing water.

In the fully sealed circuit, nothing could have escaped.
He realized :

- 1) - that a gas was inside the container collecting the condensed vapor.

- 2) - the weight of the iron pipe had changed

- 3) - by adding the weight of water that of gas and the surplus of the metal pipe, it found the weight of the initial water.

Then analyzing the transformation in particular of the gas he found that it was explosive
(hydrogen) and that the missing oxygen c was combined with the iron of the gun barrel in a kind of deposit called calcination.

Everyone probably knows that, I didn't know it personally but it reminds me of something!

Henri
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/10/05, 11:05

Subject raised (and partially resolved) here:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/fonctionne ... t1069.html

So I close this one ...
0 x