Water injection brumisée BMW on a gasoline turbo

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/10/15, 12:59

I would have to test on my big 4x4 engine can powerful and still quite heavily loaded (2.8l low pressure turbo for 90cv and 1700kg a trainer) which is the opposite of a downsizing ... See if it brings him a gain of torque and possibly consumption ... But it is not going to be very easy to measure this consumption since it is used as bee of some ... Or so I'll have to reabilite the daily transport and balance ecolo compared to my 106 electric may be quite negative ...

I just watched CT since I got it ... 5300km since March 2008 ...
Last edited by Macro the 12 / 10 / 15, 13: 22, 2 edited once.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/15, 13:05

Doing it on a forestry Unimog that would work in steep areas would be interesting too. :)

Cf my remark on the tractors: the tractors which give the most performances with the injection of water are those which are more loaded ... and the relief also counts: in "sloping" regions the gain is more important.

Antoine Gillier's famous 22 tractor: I visited it in 2001 and none of its pastures are flat ... cqfd
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/10/15, 13:45

absolutely

and this small downsized engine would ideally be the stationary generator set of a predominantly electric car : Idea:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/15, 01:27

As long as you size the generator so that it charges the motor well ...

The sizing of the "standard" generators provides for a reserve (margin) of torque (power) of 20 to 30% (maybe more) ... just to avoid stalling the group with too much electrical power calls. .

This is why all the tests of water injection on generator set have been disappointing ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/10/15, 10:44

Christophe wrote:This is why all the tests of water injection on generator set have been disappointing ...

It's still strange that every time we could give indisputable results pantones and other vaporous injections do not give anything convincing ...

Personally it is to the reading of the results on this kind of applications on engines, that I put away my fork of pipes solenoid pumps bars magnetized steam generators ... I even scraped my 20kgs electrisor of stainless steel tubes concentric .... My poor fiat ... What she could suffer as turpitudes ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Remundo

Re: Water Injection brumisée BMW on a gasoline turbo

by Remundo » 07/09/16, 17:03

After BMW, it seems that BOSCH is favorable to the development of water injection ...
The Bosch water injection system is an indirect injection system, which adds a light stream of misted water into the intake pipe just above the valve.

Bosch-injection eau.jpg

To read on Moteur Nature
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/09/16, 17:33

thank you for the information

The advantage of water injection is almost only in accelerations. At a steady speed, the injection of water brings nothing. In the NEDC standardized consumption cycle, the gain in consumption is almost zero. And even the next cycle, that of the next year, much more representative of consumption in real use, the gain is only 4%. In very sporty driving, the reduction of the consumption can however be more important.

The Bosch water injection system is an indirect injection system, which adds a light stream of misted water into the intake pipe just above the valve. It is particularly advantageous on supercharged enginesbut because of its modest cost, it could equip almost all cars on the market. The water consumption is very low, just a l / 1000 km, and if there is no more water, the engine resumes its usual mode of operation.

All this confirms what has been said about econology for years: it requires a high load (= high chamber temperature) for the injection of water is effective! What meets these 2 remarks (turbo, acceleration ...)

Otherwise nothing says that BMW does not use Bosch water injectors ...

Bosch is not an engine manufacturer but an OEM ...

I wonder what French manufacturers are waiting to get started ... they are well aware: Water injection-motor-pantone / docu-on-doping al-water-builder-car-know-t12565.html
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/09/16, 21:19

yes I also asked the question if BMW and BOSCH do not collaborate on this subject.

In any case, BOSCH is serious, especially on injection ... : roll:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 07/09/16, 22:30

Too bad they do not talk about pollution ..... I would like to know the evolved evolution / particle formation / NOx / CO / CO2 etc ...

The advantage of water injection is almost only in accelerations. At a steady speed, the injection of water brings nothing. In the NEDC standardized consumption cycle, the gain in consumption is almost zero. And even the next cycle, that of the next year, much more representative of consumption in real use, the gain is only 4%. In very sporty driving, the reduction of the consumption can however be more important.

With a "wise", utilitarian engine, used "full time" around its most economical rpm (near thermochemical limits), I'd like to see if this statement still holds. : roll:
Speaking of a "wise" engine, you know it's the one that car manufacturers strive not to build, so that you can continue to have fun behind the wheel of a pit of polluting and "technological" fuel that they get. will always sell you more expensive. : Cry:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/16, 01:18

Remundo wrote:In any case, BOSCH is serious, especially on injection ... : roll:

One could make the same remark on BMW engines no?
1 x