GV which MAAAAAARCHE !!!!

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 11/08/06, 23:44

hi caaaaaaaaaaaamellllllll !!

there's one thing I'd like you to explain to me: I went from 1 / 2 inch to 3 / 4 inch in suction of my bubbler and this resulted in a decrease by 3 of my water conso (today to 0,4 at 0,5 L. / 100km) and .... not a fart of extra savings! : Evil:

I think we're losing all our time in this story!
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
camel1
Pantone engine Researcher

by camel1 » 11/08/06, 23:59

lau wrote:hi caaaaaaaaaaaamellllllll !!

there's one thing I'd like you to explain to me: I went from 1 / 2 inch to 3 / 4 inch in suction of my bubbler and this resulted in a decrease by 3 of my water conso (today to 0,4 at 0,5 L. / 100km) and .... not a fart of extra savings! : Evil:

I think we're losing all our time in this story!

Saluuuuuuuuuut Lauuuuuuuuuu!

Uh ... scuse me, but I am out of context on your realization, I could hardly help you, without knowing how everything is assembled (how do you heat the water, length of the bubbler hose-> reactor, distance between reactor and exhaust manifold, all thataaa ...): cheesy:

If you have a link, it would be convenient, and if you want to let go of the bubbler, I can help you :D

A + + +
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 12/08/06, 00:22

0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
camel1

by camel1 » 12/08/06, 00:27

Hehehe!

So, I did a little research on the site, and I fell back on your montage on Toy, I was peeling it when you answered! : Lol:

Well, I continue peeling, and we'll talk about it later on your thread ...

Cho!
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

GV which MAAAAAARCHE !!!!

by denis » 12/08/06, 21:44

Bravo! it works! :D
0 x
Other

by Other » 13/08/06, 15:51

Hello,

The main problem that we all encounter, whatever the method to produce the (steam) input, it is in use small city and motor heating times, even the car manufacturers have not been able to solve The great difference in consumption between the main road and the city is even more marked in winter conditions.
Even the Lambda probes heat electric (small gain)

I did tests in winter even heating the engine block with electric element on the sector, even filling the bubbler with boiling water. the yield on small runs and remains bad, there is a gain, but not comparable to the long engine run warmed once.

Another thing, on an atmospheric engine, it is better for the panton, if only to enter the breech hole, to enjoy the tunel effect in this narrow path, something more complicated with a turbo,
The turbo consumes some of the exhaust heat from where available heat is still a load and rpm higher.
All new engines tend to run cooler than older generations, so their performance is even better at making gains on these engines.

Michel, when you will have consumption figures on the Mercedes as well as the carecteristics of the engine it would be interesting that one compares with my assembly, I take into account only measurements made on courses of more 200km to 600km,
Another hint the Mercedes have a resevoir of 80 liters when you exceed the 1000 km on full, and that the reserve turns on, there is something.
My goal this year is to reach 6 km 100km
I'm around 6,5 liters at 100km for 300D and it's hard to make gains at this level ..

Andre

Andre
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 14/08/06, 10:39

Andre wrote:Hello,

I did tests in winter even heating the engine block with electric element on the sector, even filling the bubbler with boiling water. the yield on small runs and remains bad, there is a gain, but not comparable to the long engine run warmed once.

Andre

the solution will be to never stop his engine ...

Normally with the pantone you can make a super low idle and and turn in closed cycle (the engine eats its exhaust gas) but to stabilize the thing for several hours in my opinion it's another pair of sticks ...

apart from this mode stand bye only possible in pantone we can also caulk the engine compartment integrally with 20 cm rockwool (thermal resistance R = 5) if the engine compartment has 5 m2 exchange surface with the outside ca gives 1Wh has the hour by degree of difference with the outside so if one has 80 ° in the engine compatibility and -20 ° outside it makes 100 wh has the time is about 1kwh for 10 h knowing that an engine contains about 200 kg of various metals, 7l of oil and about 10 l of water knowing its global heat capacity one must be able to calculate at what tenperature it will be after 10 h the pif I will say that it loses 20 ° may good c is a pif and then caulk an engine compartment without thermal bridge with 20 cm of wool in my opinion it is almost imposible mission with the cars of today with the engine compen ...
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
camel1

by camel1 » 14/08/06, 14:09

Hi Andrew!

Andre wrote:Hello,

The main problem that we all encounter, whatever the method to produce the (steam) input, it is in use small city and motor heating times, even the car manufacturers have not been able to solve The great difference in consumption between the main road and the city is even more marked in winter conditions.
Even the Lambda probes heat electric (small gain)

This is where I think that the GVI can provide an element of answer to the delicate problem of the low-loaded engine in winter ...
First, I remind you that it follows the power calls, however weak they are.
Then, it is able to give steam, cold start, in a few seconds, even before the engine is "hot", since the exhaust gases are hot from the outset.

As you have already said, the pantone that works is a good steam, and a good reactor ...

I would say, from the experience of each other, that for the reactor, we still have to optimize it so that it is operational in the worst of conditions, namely a lightly loaded engine, so heat and minimum suction (at least for diesels).

If we consider that the role of the reactor is to produce an aerosol containing "vapor" of electrified water (the microdellets have taken a load), and that on the other hand, we seek to improve the efficiency, it we must reconsider its current geometry by having some points in mind ...

In the first place, the larger the exchange surface will be, and more microdrops will have a chance to rub against the metal wall, and tear off an electron.

Secondly, the electrification can only occur significantly if the aerosol passes against the exchange surface at high speed (more intense friction)

Thirdly, the larger the mass to be heated, the more the stored heat will be out of phase with the power demands.
Indeed, we must not forget that we work in variable load, and it is desirable that the reactor and the steam generation are in phase with the power demands. Otherwise, we will have for example the steam that will arrive at big broth AFTER the rise which makes heat the engine, and which will fill the combustion chambers during the descent, in phase of engine brake, which is rather counterproductive!

Mastering the thermal inertia - at all levels - is simply to make sure everything is operational at the right time, never forgetting that the engine consumes the most in the climbs and flat, but downhill and stop It's a slower diet, so it's peanuts!

These remarks should shed light on the choice of shapes and materials to use.

For the form, and even if Paul Pantone himself said he tried many different forms, I doubt that the configuration we all currently adopt (tube + core) is the best response to the constraints mentioned above.

The annular space between the tube and the nucleus produces two effects:
- a restriction in the path of the aerosol, which forces it to accelerate
a hot exchange surface whose geometry increases the probabilities of collision / electrification with the aerosol.

Why heat the tube? Simply to increase the thermal agitation in the metal, leading to a succeptible surface to release more easily its electrons ...
In fact, we should choose pipes with the finest possible wall, which would ensure the best possible heat transfer ...

In this configuration, the core is simply a piece to achieve this annular space, point bar.

And if we thought about other drawings, where we would do without cores?

I've been thinking about this for a couple of years, and I just came across this: http://quanthomme.free.fr/qhsuite/ge5MichelDavid.htm

And yes ! Michel David is experimenting with a flat reactor!

System benefit:

- no core (simpler machining, less raw material ...)
- exchange area multipliable at will
- Possibility to easily control the number of exchangers activated according to the load and the engine speed.
- for the same size, enormous gain in exchange surface -> miniaturization (hihihi !! : Cheesy: )

The experience of the GVI allows me to advance that we should direct our research in this way, which seems to be the only one that can lead us to success including in cities and small routes (which represents for many of us the part the lion of our displacements!)

Another thing, on an atmospheric engine, it is better for the panton, if only to enter the breech hole, to enjoy the tunel effect in this narrow path, something more complicated with a turbo,
The turbo consumes some of the exhaust heat from where available heat is still a load and rpm higher.
All new engines tend to run cooler than older generations, so their performance is even better at making gains on these engines.

That's why I think it might be necessary to choose between turbo and pantone ... or you turn the turbo, or you leave the pantone ... finally there, I do not really know, since I have not yet experienced on TD ...

Michel, when you will have consumption figures on the Mercedes as well as the carecteristics of the engine it would be interesting that one compares with my assembly, I take into account only measurements made on courses of more 200km to 600km,
Another hint the Mercedes have a resevoir of 80 liters when you exceed the 1000 km on full, and that the reserve turns on, there is something.
My goal this year is to reach 6 km 100km
I'm around 6,5 liters at 100km for 300D and it's hard to make gains at this level ..

Andre

Andre

Ben as promised, as soon as possible, numbers, yes, full of numbers !!!! : Cheesy:

And to conclude, I come back to that, but I hate to have a test bench available! All these manipulations can be done at an accelerated pace, and here we can begin to really optimize the editing at best, for all cases!

A + + +

Michel
0 x
camel1

by camel1 » 23/12/06, 19:08

Hi everybody !

A last little news of the SG, I have a test today which confirms what I already said before:

Outside temperature -1 ° C.
I start the 205 (painfully because the engine is rinsed ...) and I go directly to the coast above me ... initial temperature given by my onboard thermometer: 0 ° C
just 30 seconds after departure, I had steam at 80 ° C!

We can hardly do faster!

I suppose, considering the outside temperature that the water of the GV had to be frozen (in any case, that of the tank was still liquid, but with ice floes).
I specify that I did not intentionally mix alcohol with, so ...

Otherwise, concerning this thread, it will be my last post, it becomes too loaded for my taste, which makes the reading rather difficult, especially for a new one who wants to follow the development since the beginning, since there have been several versions of the system, and that one should not go on erroneous and lapsed grounds ...

I advise the new ones to go on my new site, here:

http://reaction.directe1.free.fr/index.htm
which summarizes the good data, plans and results, taking up what was good and valid in the old, with a reorganization that makes reading easier ...

Christophe, could you close this subject?

Thank you again for the interest you seem to bring to our work, and see you soon on another thread!

A + + +

Michel
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 24/12/06, 11:15

at the level of your conso you are always around 4,4 l at 100?

if not merry christmas to all. : Mrgreen:
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!