Go-Kart and HHO engine: Need a hand!

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Karltechno96
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Karltechno96 » 26/10/12, 19:06

Hi all! dsl of the small delay! crazy week at school!

So, indeed the goal is above all to have fun. Flytoox, can you tell me what are the technical characteristics that you want about the engine?

Thereafter, I'm not sure I understand the electrolysis process where we use the exhaust ... If I understand correctly, we preheat the water, but why? in gas form is it easier to electrolise? And then if this is the case I will have to heat everything before starting the electrolysis each time.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 26/10/12, 20:35

Karltechno96 wrote:... Flytoox, can you tell me what are the technical characteristics that you want about the engine?

2 stroke, 4 stroke, power, maximum torque at engine speed, displacement, reduction, etc., and some photos if possible. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Go-Kart and HHO engine: Need a helping hand!

by chatelot16 » 26/10/12, 21:03

Karltechno96 wrote:Here is some useful information:
- The kart engine is a standard Honda Gx200
- 197cc
- 6.5 hp
Link to an image of the engine: http://bricolage-jardin-chauffage.vivastreet.com/outillage-jardinage+domerat-03410/moteur-honda-gx-160-neuf--gx-120--gvxv160/13344877

there is the main in the first message

the honda GX200 is a very good engine in its original condition, therefore not a good client for pantone or water injection

I think it's mainly the bad engine that can be improved by this kind of thing
0 x
Flytox

Re: Go-Kart and HHO engine: Need a helping hand!

by Flytox » 26/10/12, 21:50

chatelot16 wrote:the honda GX200 is a very good engine in its original condition, therefore not a good client for pantone or water injection

This is what I feared, Honda usually makes very good engines and to improve ..... there is work to be done, with time, a lot of work, means etc .... not necessarily the implementation that is sought here : Mrgreen:

I think it's mainly the bad engine that can be improved by this kind of thing

10 +! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 27/10/12, 00:33

Karltechno96 wrote:Thereafter, I'm not sure I understand the electrolysis process where we use the exhaust ... If I understand correctly, we preheat the water, but why?

If we use the exhaust it is to heat the bubbler (containing water and gasoline) and create steam which is then sucked into the Pantone reactor. This vapor does not seem electrolyzed but ionized and vapocracked (partial breaking of the hydrocarbon and water molecules) and that for the 100% Pantone:

The benefits are a dramatic evolution of exhaust gases.
This assembly is good for fixed speed engines like mower. There is no carburetor, that's why I recommended the assemblies with carburetor due to the variable speed of your kart engine. vapor differs with these carburetor assemblies)

FYI, a variant exists by putting only water in the bubbler, the fuel is then sent either by the carburetor or the injectors, this is the Gillier-Pantone also called water doping:
This assembly is mainly used on diesel engines, it is not compulsory to bubble the exhaust gases.

Max info:
https://www.econologie.com/c-est-quoi-le ... -1313.html

... and don't forget to look on the right column at the bottom of this page!
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 27/10/12, 01:16

... damn, it's on the left! : Cheesy:=>Image
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 27/10/12, 11:56

Karltechno96 wrote:
To continue, the question of adding a small solar panel, I would hope that you would answer me to know if it is possible with the help of such a machine to bring the consumption ratio closer to 0%, since you have me is that I was around - 10% .....

What is a "small solar panel" for you?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 27/10/12, 12:15

Hello gildas
Gildas wrote:If we use the exhaust it is to heat the bubbler (container water and petrol) and create steam which is then drawn into the Pantone reactor.

I like your presentation Pantone / Gillier Pantone 8).

Just a note, on the 100% Pantone diagram "official"There is only one tank for water and gasoline, which is a big problem / silliness. Water and gasoline not evaporating at all at the same temperature / speed, which is swallowed up the engine varies continuously and inevitably ends up with the engine stalling after a few minutes .... lack of usable fuel.

In fact, by heating the tank, the lightest fractions of gasoline evaporate first, and after a few minutes only a mixture of water and the heaviest fractions of l remain 'essence, those that ignite the most difficult. : Mrgreen:

Water and gasoline must be heated separately, each to the appropriate temperature, so that these fluids can be 100% evaporated in a reproducible and efficient manner. :P
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 27/10/12, 14:26

Hello Flytox,
Flytox wrote:In fact, by heating the tank, the lightest fractions of gasoline evaporate first, and after a few minutes only a mixture of water and the heaviest fractions of l remain 'essence, those that ignite the most difficult. : Mrgreen:

Uh ... still more than 8 minutes at full speed for a single liter of gasoline-poor mix (25% gasoline and 75% water).
Results: After 8'20 "of operation at full speed
On the 1000 mL mixture, only 830 mL remains.

120 mL of gasoline and 50 mL of water were consumed.

Consumption is 20.4 mL / minute.

http://jlnlabs.online.fr/bingofuel/mfptstfr.htm
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 27/10/12, 15:09

Flytox wrote:
I like your presentation Pantone / Gillier Pantone 8).

... I forgot, thanks for the compliment! :P
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"