Explanations pantone: theses and hypotheses

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
SANGLIER81
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by SANGLIER81 » 02/10/05, 21:32

It brings water to my mill! Now what should you know, is this only valid for water or all liquids? Another question that comes to my mind: in the case of a gasoline bubbler, gasoline vapor is sucked in, so if there were sparks in the reactor, it would detonate, and after what I read about forum no one has seen this wonderful site. And my theory with sparks or a bow collapses! : Angry:

Or else, it is a completely different phenomenon! : unsure: Could this be a plasma which does not detonate the mixture but processes it? : Blink:

I keep searching!
0 x
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by krissg29 » 03/10/05, 00:01

In the case of a 100% pantone (gasoline bubbler), the air (or exhaust gas) + gasoline mixture which passes through the reactor is in any case too rich in gasoline or too poor in air to be able to s 'ignite.

So it does not demolish your theory, interesting by the way!
0 x
It should not be confused and ingenious engineer
MobyleX
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by MobyleX » 03/10/05, 00:11

SANGLIER81 wrote:Or else, it is a completely different phenomenon! : unsure: Could this be a plasma which does not detonate the mixture but processes it? : Blink:

I keep searching!

Uh ... are you sure you stay in what is called the "scientist"?

I restate my theory (a little improved) which has the advantage of being simple and suddenly difficult to contest. However, I am not sure of everything I say there:

The Pantone provides 2 elements to the engine:
_Vapor at very high temperature
air at this very high temperature.

I think that, contrary to what is usually said on the internet, do not put these elements 2 in the same basket (although they are mixed with the output of the Pantone).

The function of the steam has an anti-detonating role for me (hence a quieter engine operation). But do not put too much because otherwise it affects a good ignition of the mixture on a petrol engine (hence the need to properly dose its water intake).

Hot air has another role: as this air is hot, then it allows better reactions faster during combustion (hence reduction of pollution). But it must be too hot because otherwise we risk overheating the engine and a drop in performance (to give you a blatant example of the importance of cooling an engine, take a moped, have it warm up, look its top speed, then swing a seal of cold water on the engine and look again at the top speed: it can win up to 10km / h).

Why do I need a space of 1mm between the rod and the reactor?
Since the reactor envelope is the only heated element, the air must be in contact with it as much as possible.

Why is the system performing better on diesels?
Because the temperature of the "fresh" gases now high thanks to the Pantone allows better combustion: the "bad" injection of old diesels therefore poses no more problems of complete combustion (more black smoke) and we obtain the performances (or even better) of modern diesels with high pressure injection. Combustion being of better origin on petrol engines than on diesels, the gains are not considerable compared to diesel.

Why can a diesel absorb more water?
Because it is self-igniting, the combustion of diesel is done at thousands of points at the same time and combustion is not disturbed. On a gasoline the ignition is done at the level of the spark plug: there can be bad ignition because of the vapor and therefore misfires of the engine (that is what is happening, there are misfires, no ?) However, making a diesel drink too much water does nothing for it.

Why does it make a noise of sand in the engine when the reactor is hot?
It's because of the reactor temperature. This noise of sand has so far been heard on carburetor reactors which send water droplets into the reactor. When a drop of water and a plate (of metal, here the reactor wall) come into contact, the drop will start to sizzle on the metal plate. This is what it seems to be doing here: we then believe we hear the sound of sand when it is only the water droplets which sizzle because of the temperature of the reactor.
0 x
Dream is real freedom, it is the hope, nobody can stop you.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 03/10/05, 04:32

Hello,
Response to Boar
Now that my computer is a (little usable) I hurry
it's a bit fanciful your story of current of the candle which is transmitted in the intake of an engine through the closed valves!
The reactor outlet tube you have until isolated with two rubber sleeves and you will be tickled c, is not as strong as a cow fence
c is static, that's all, whether you walk with water or petrol it is the same, it is not that which reduces consumption.

Reply to mobylex
Very high temperature? this is what for you very high to date I walk at low temperature and I find it better.

Your theory of the cold engine is false I speak not of absolute power but of thermal efficiency, I live in a very cold country and we drive at -30c and I live the difference. at +30
If you remove your thermostat on your car and the cooling water keeps cold you consume a lot more, there is too much heat loss in the walls, you have to drive the engine as hot as possible it is nothing but the temperature of the oil and the lubrication of the engine which limits us, an air-cooled engine has a better efficiency than that cooled with water. airplanes in winter we block air intakes from 50% to 70%
For a diesel the more the diesel and the cold the more it slaps, it is not the air that it swallows when everything is hot under the hood the cylinder head, it is almost like in summer, but the diesel in the tank remains at -30 a shake, if you install a diesel heater it becomes quieter.
Old diesels like mine when the injector sends drops c, is relatively large, since we see them al, eye, so these drops when it arrives in the compressed air burns on the surface and vaporizes it gives off a vapor of fuel and not drops when it ignites it knocks a kind of instantaneous self-ignition, bad for the engine, whereas it should light up in rapid progression, but not in detonation, the pantone water doping reactor makes sure that this ignition approaches the real diesel cycle, Our diesel cars is a cycle (bastard) we should not even call it diesel.
We must not delude the turbines of aircraft have the same problem as the diesels when we inject kerosene in the combustion chambers, it is not for nothing that the researchers used all kinds of tips to send in the combustion chamber through very small holes laser-drilled air at reduced speed to hang the flame, we will not make a turbine presentation here that would be too long. For diesel there are reserve chambers with venturi combustion pre-chambers, injectors with several holes and lastly sequential injectors always to improve the problem of poor combustion of this engine.

Andre
0 x
SANGLIER81
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by SANGLIER81 » 03/10/05, 09:17

Hello everyone, yes you are right André, my story of spark of candle is eccentric, it is true. What interests me however is the noise of sand invoked by Mobylex. What if it were not the water droplets but a multitude of sparks? An electric click makes the same noise! Well yes, I start again with my sparks!

These sparks would be due to static current. In my factory there are sparks which shoot up to 1cm on hopper filling pipes. The plastic hoses are connected to 63mm stainless steel hoses. Static electricity is present, it's normal. We are therefore obliged to take plastic pipe with a metal surround and connect it to the earth and to the stainless steel pipe, otherwise chestnut assured and believe me that it shakes.

It may be the same phenomenon we hear but at higher frequency. At our factory, when we hear the characteristic "tick-tock", we quickly know what it is!
To follow then.
Bonne journée.
0 x
ladoline
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ladoline » 03/10/05, 15:26

Hello,

New on the forum, I am already well advanced in my pantone assembly on C15 D. Bulger installed (copper construction, abitacle radiator, connection to the engine block-bubbler-radiator abitacle on cooling circuit), first portion of modified exhaust line awaiting assembly (RDV this week at the garage), great interest around the project here in the north of Hérault.
What about magnetism, running north south ... it must be done horizontally ... the reactor and oblique at 45 ° ... should I find a slope well oriented and steep? ... .
the regulation of the admission according to the mode I see but according to the load that seems to me more complex (even more complex ....)
otherwise I thought of a thermocouple as on secure gas cookers to block the system before the bubbler is hot ... same use for starting with pure diesel then switching to rapeseed) ...
otherwise if level probe solution for more autonomy of the bubbler by controlled pumping in a water tank ...

thank you for lighting my lantern ....

Guillaume
0 x
Other

by Other » 04/10/05, 04:59

Hello ladoline and to the people of Bédarieux

As far as the orientation of the reactor is concerned, that is not folk stories. I never dealt with it and it works the same

The running-in of the rod consists in heating the reactor vigorously so a good load on the engine and passing little water so that the rod rises in temperature and that the rod becomes dull on the surface as covered with grayish insulating dirt, it takes a few hours of walking, the best you do not take care of it will be done all alone with use.

For the regulation the flow which passes in the reactor must be proportional to that the downstream engine therefore roughly it follows the aspiration of the engine.
If it is on a diesel the best solution that I use is a venturi in
the intake pipe and you enter your tube which comes from the reactor into the venturi has the reduced part, the same principle as the old carburetors.
it is self-regulating for a good range of revs, at high revs this tends to siphon too much.
The main problem is having enough exhaust heat
for the bubbler it is enough not to operate it if it is too cold, although if you build it high enough so that it does not suck drops it does not bother to make it siphon cold it does not will receive very little water l, evaporation is more difficult and moreover it only lasts a few minutes of walking.
Andre
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 04/10/05, 09:38

Andre wrote:If it is on a diesel the best solution that I use is a venturi in the intake pipe and you enter your tube which comes from the reactor in the venturi at the reduced part, the same principle as the old carburetors.

Hello André
How is the venturi oriented in the intake? Flared part towards the engine? Or the opposite ?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/04/06, 10:41

I revive this subject following the observations of "light" made by Zac.

Zac, it's yours! :D
0 x
bob_isat

by bob_isat » 02/05/06, 12:42

Or so?
0 x