EGR and water doping

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Arbizon
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

EGR and water doping

by Arbizon » 20/11/05, 03:49

Hello everyone

I am looking to boost my Ford diesel transit with water. This is a model of 1997, 2,5 liters of displacement!

For the moment, I make an inventory of the problems to solve, the realization will follow if possible

On the admission of this vehicle, between air filter and collector there is a EGR with a throttle, tubes, vacuum membrane to allow to recycle some of the exhaust gas.

From what I could find on the net, this system aims to pass a small part of hot exhaust in the admission and achieve a combution (less polluting)!

If anyone has any information about this, I'm interested, because I have trouble understanding the operation and also it will not make it easier for me to get the gas Pantome into the tubing.

Not easy to take a picture at this place, if I get there I post here

To read you .... thank you :D
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 20/11/05, 06:54

Hello
The ERG valve is mistakenly called exhaust gas recirculation
but that's not quite his role, it's a gas injection
((inert)) to lower the combustion temperature and reduce the nox.
For a diesel engine it is not a success this principle is rather a way to legalize for a slight decrease of the polution, an injection of panton water at this level is more efficient

First of all it will be necessary to know if your vehicle is turbo or atmospheric
If it is turbo it will be difficult to take this entry for steam panton, because at this level it does not aspire anymore when the turbo is in operation.
In my assembly Chevrolet gasoline j, have condemned the REG valve
and used this inlet in the tubing to bring in panton doping gas al, water.
On the diesel I condemned the ERG valve, but I made my entry panton just before the turbo to have a good depression.

The ERG valve C, is a simplistic way that builders find to comply with antipolutions standards.
Doping with water is significantly higher than an ERG valve.
Andre
0 x
Arbizon
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Arbizon » 20/11/05, 18:48

Hello André,

The vehicle concerned is atmospheric! Direct injection (280 Bar) Loaded permanently since equipped camping car (home equipment is solid but a bit heavy), 10.48 L / 100 Km in its best days!

As it has a small engine, 76Cv for 2.5 liters of displacement. It must be kept in the towers to ride properly. Without turbo, I think he is an ideal candidate for the pantomas!

That said, I use it every day for the job so ... you have to study the system before any DIY

In the technical journal, it is noted in fact that the EGR system was added to reduce the rates of ??? , and the engine loses 4 Cv in passing!

I know that in a pantomized adaptation polluting residues are much smaller, than with all other systems (to my knowledge)! This is what motivates me to carry out this doping with water because if we can reduce the pollution of my vehicle while reducing its consumption .... it suits me perfectly, when to increase the power, I do not believe that with such a low engine (76 Cv) and even with a clear improvement, I would not have a Ferrari is on!

I expect nothing so a potential gain in power, I drag on the road certe, but I have never been flashed for now !! but hey, the pace or it goes to France they will not delay to have my picture! But that's another subject !!!

To return to the EGR in question, I have this afternoon demeter a bit to see more closely this merdouille. There is indeed a throttle connected to the throttle on the injection pump, then an exhaust gas inlet, visible to the eye because full of soot at this level. :x A small membrane on the top and voila!

I think this EGR will disappear in favor of a venturi cone, it is in my opinion the best place to achieve the entry of gas Pantomes and even can be preserved the butterfly that reduces the air intake from filter

See photo if I can reach it ..... well no I can not, I'll go read the FAQ for this

@ + Arbizon
0 x
Other

by Other » 21/11/05, 00:38

Hello Arbizon
I also think that you have the right vehicle for a panton, not for the same reasons as you direct injection, atmospheric, but because it is a small engine under powerful to drag this kind of vehicle so a motor that forces, you t ' tractor approach
engine not busté and always solicited.
In my assembly Mercedes 3litres j, had a better performance when j, I put larger wheels back and if I found a differential has bigger ratio I am sure that it would improve the panton, such a motor does not force enough to 110kmh from where the poor performance of the reactor, the manufacturers have chosen to make diesel vehicles that approach the performance of gasoline cars and this end we hurt with a panton, too much RPM for the little developed power.
We notice this in a hill driving. or if you pull a trailer.
The ERG valve on a diesel is mostly completely fouled, it is a patch on a wooden leg, a panton has water in the same hole will do much better. even in the early days when I rolled in the carpet, my friend who was stuck to the back, told me that he was coming out dust soot. (with water it cleans the entire engine and the trimmers.)

Andre
0 x
Arbizon
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Arbizon » 21/11/05, 23:39

Hello André,

I can not express myself!

Actually from what I've read the best performance of vehicles already operated in a pantomime, it is always with gear or the motor is really solicited that it is the best.

I think that a vehicle with a big engine is more difficult to "calibrate" in a pantom for it simply lacks effort, less heat exchange at the reactor for example enough to reduce the license you yourself wrote I do not know which post!

It is from this observation, the absence of turbo, direct injection with more pressure than in some diesel, that I say that my vehicle is a good candidate.

The realization will tell us, but not immediately!

apart from the EGR which poses me problem there is also the constant level in the bulor, I often make the mountain, so this constant level is important!

If I find the time, I will dismount this EGR ..... to see the interior .... I would like to know exactly what role plays this menbrane on the top, comparison before after being ....

A suivre

Arbizon
Santa Claus do not forget my toolbox, thank you)

0 x
albertalbert
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Ford Transit and Pantone

by albertalbert » 23/02/07, 15:32

Hello everyone

I have been interested in the pantone process for a few months

I have a transit of 1994 2.5D direct atmospheric injection

stumbled upon your 2005 exchanges on this topic, I would like to know if this project has had a continuation

for my part, I intend to work with a GV

a+

Bertrand
0 x
Bertrand
zac

by zac » 23/02/07, 18:14

Hello

on your machine no problem it will work, but with a carburetor of model you will get the same result by taking 10 times less head than with a GV: lol: : Lol: : Lol:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
albertalbert
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by albertalbert » 27/02/07, 11:43

for ZAC

I have consulted the forum econology regarding the installation of a mini carbu instead of the GV.
it seems not easy to develop it, given all the "recipes" that I have read.

for ARBIZON and all the others

I was looking to obtain elements of achievements so as not to have to start from scratch (and to have to go through all kinds of stages in the style: "to get out of a labyrinth it is enough to bump into the walls and hope to stay alive enough long time").

I will continue to ripen my project.
I'm thinking of trying something that would plug into the exhaust manifold outlet (feeding the EGR system).

on the other hand, having re-read an experience dealing with oil cracking I found that it had a similarity to the assembly of the Pantone reactor.
if this tickles you the inspiration ...
principle: the oil is heated in a test tube then the vapors are passed through a tube containing steel wool - this tube is also heated at the level of the steel wool plug, the "distilled" vapors are ignited at the outlet.

see excel file put on the forum : cracking_petrole_au_laboratory

if anyone has anything to transmit to me

please
0 x
Bertrand