Reactor sizing

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher

by bob_isat » 19/10/05, 11:25

Hello everyone.

being a teacher, I am the victim of a professional deformation which pushes me to express this:

Would it be possible to make some summary sheets on the realization of key elements of the system:

How to make a homemade venturi?

What are the parameters (T ° of the water in the bulb, place of the reactor / output echpmnt, ...) not to be neglected (averés, recommendations)?

What are the parameters whose effect is not identified (therefore to be tested)

This would prevent beginners (and I am one of them) from asking the same questions 800 times or spending 3 hours picking up information in professional discussions or in the maze of the 40 pages quanthomme.

I solemnly call on donations to André, Ex-Océano, Econologie to give us these few files that we would put in a download section "first steps".

Of course these sheets will not be perfect but they will reflect the state of knowledge of the community at a given time

To you, gentlemen
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/05, 11:37

bob_isat wrote:This would prevent beginners (and I am one of them) from asking the same questions 800 times or spending 3 hours picking up information in professional discussions or in the maze of the 40 pages quanthomme.

I solemnly call on donations to André, Ex-Océano, Econologie to give us these few files that we would put in a download section "first steps".

Of course these sheets will not be perfect but they will reflect the state of knowledge of the community at a given time

They are just being written!

Initially for a 100% assembly and after doping. The problem is to avoid recovery by companies ... but hey ... either we make money or we get things done ... We must choose ...

ps: I did not know that you were a teacher at ISAT but student ... what do you teach?
0 x
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 19/10/05, 13:14

I really agree with bob isat if we could make a kind of table with the different paramount parameters like under excel in which we enter the engine displacement the air intake diameter and some parameters of the original engine this could show us directly the dimensions of the reactor to be produced as well as those of the ventury and other tube diameters.
I am ready to make this table as soon as I have the main data.
I think it would have a big impact on the development of this system because many internet users do not dare to start for fear of not getting there. :)
0 x
small
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 19/10/05, 13:18

to answer zac, the surface I knew how to calculate but I just wanted to know if it was necessary to increase the surface of the pantone gas injection tube since it passed through the reactor and that it dilated.

I ask myself these questions sometimes I wonder myself alone !!! : blink:
0 x
small
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by titus02 » 19/10/05, 17:12

Hi everybody

I am very happy to have found a constructive site (it is the case to say it) about the Pantones (even if
there are some pecks).
It changes sites stuffed with "big heads" who claim that it's pipeau on the pretext that
it does not correspond to what they learned during their studies, and who are unable to take into account
the reality of the hundreds of DIY enthusiasts who manage to operate this reactor.
I will follow the progress of your work while starting to get started.

well done and "keep on persisting"
0 x
I prefer a stupid who walks than three seated intellectuals (thank you Audiart).
patrice
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by patrice » 21/10/05, 23:35

hi everyone

I too put myself there, is I impatiently await the summary sheets of the different elements and the

advice from elders, to help beginners like me.

@@@@ +++

patrice
0 x
Kedar
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kedar » 30/10/05, 14:25

Hello
what a great idea to put a pantone on your car, what a pleasure to fill up with rainwater!
it's been 4000 km that my car is equipped with it and it's TOP: 1L less GO but the most bizarre is that it no longer eats oil!
So there I do not understand ...... if you have an idea Thank you
0 x
zac

by zac » 30/10/05, 18:16

Hello
this is normal on an engine not too worn with a pantone you clean your engine; so if your fire break and your scraper were restrained by shit you find the seal; therefore drop in oil consumption. : rolleyes:

By cons on a completely washed engine the oil consumption increases because you remove the shit that clogged the holes :(

For the files and those who are looking for (in water doping), to calculate the reactor ratings, we use black tube in 15/21 and the core is paired so as to have a gap of 1.5 to 2 mm. The length we do not care (its depends on the mouth of the exhaust from 110 to 280mm). :P

If the temperature is sufficient and the depression is sufficient it works all the time.
Our biggest problems come from the corrosion of the carbs (he doesn't like the fleet); so we are testing a system based on stainless steel bolts drilled with regulation ensured by an infusion pipe (as soon as it is validated over 3000km I send you the thing).
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Other

by Other » 30/10/05, 22:04

Hello reply to Zac
Lastly I just tried another method to replace the carburetor,
that is to say a very rustic carburetor, even makes a very simple system of drop by drop of hot water on a sponge of air filter of mower or other, you make suck the reactor in a box which contains the wet sponge you will be impressed by the quality of water evaporation.
I recently marked this by passing the vacuum cleaner in the trunk of my car, I had escaped wet straw (for the goowen) and I noticed that the duct of the vacuum cleaner became very cold due to the evaporation of the water in the straws, I remembered that in my youth I operated engines without a carburetor, just a ball of tow with drops of gasoline.
So I recap. The reactor is vacuumed through a wet sponge
and we maintain this humidity either directly with a liquid bath or drop by drop, or a carburetor which spits even badly sprayed it does not bother what comes out at the exit of the sponge is fine (invisible).
On diesel on the 31st of this month I cannot continue the tests, winter storage. In addition with the temperature which drops the consumption has changed and I can not do good tests. On the chevrolet gasoline I have to start feeding it with alcohol + water, the nights are cool the roofs are white in the mornings.
If you have warmer climates try the sponge thing,
There is another principle is that of the wick that soaks in hot water
and that the reactor sucks through (drying clothes on a rope.)
what I'm trying to do is cold evaporation by increasing the contact area like a lung, or a tree leaf.

Andre
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 30/10/05, 23:07

Great, the blow of the sponge! :P
0 x