Reactor sizing

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/05, 21:39

Professeur31 = the famous Olivier S. of the Zx and the improvement certificate ...
We have been working together since August 2002 ... and I can assure you that you can trust him in terms of auto engine technology ... but it is true that he can be a bit of a mule at times ... (from Mulet even! :D ) .... also is a little big mouth but hey ... he deserves pantone level believe me!
0 x
professeur31
Pantone engine Researcher

by professeur31 » 14/10/05, 21:49

André.
In this case, I agree with your temperature measurements.
It reassures me.
a ++
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 16/10/05, 11:43

Hello
Good Ok Christophe for Professor 31 a little bit like a mule ... I think it is not worth arguing more with him, because he also wants to read and understand only what he wants ... If I working on a 300TD from 1992, I judge its optimization on the performance side of this type of engine and not the most recent, and that a venturi should not do it much harm.
So I prefer to exchange with André and others more constructive and less pretentious.
Michel
0 x
professeur31

by professeur31 » 16/10/05, 18:21

MichelM wrote:Hello
Good Ok Christophe for Professor 31 a little bit like a mule ... I think it is not worth arguing more with him, because he also wants to read and understand only what he wants ... If I working on a 300TD from 1992, I judge its optimization on the performance side of this type of engine and not the most recent, and that a venturi should not do it much harm.
So I prefer to exchange with André and others more constructive and less pretentious.
Michel

Yes yes you are right, continue your tinkering!
I understand that you like to hear what suits you but I do not eat this bread there.
We will see where you are in 10 years!
Bonne chance.
:D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/10/05, 19:08

Calm down ... let it be for one as for the other!
0 x
Other

by Other » 16/10/05, 21:16

Hello,
Let us remain constructive, let’s talk about our ideas which are questionable good or not good, our goal on forum is to exchange our ideas, our montages and optimize the montages (I'm talking about Patone), because there is something else on the forum. it should not be forgotten that we are read by a large number of Internet users. so no need to get upset, everyone has the right to their ideas, you have to learn to respect each other, and nobody has the infused science. Whenever I think I know something, I realize that I just lifted the corner of the carpet and that what I know is a tiny part of what I would like to know ... we understand that only when our life is on these last miles.
Jean Gabin illustrated this well I know, I know ...

Andre
0 x
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 18/10/05, 22:30

hello, a priori I have super pros of pantone online so I may be able to have some answers to some questions I ask myself.

a priori the reactor brings only benefits on all levels; why is it not more developed than that?
I mean by automotive professionals, those who lay catalytic converters for us.
0 x
small
Other

by Other » 18/10/05, 23:23

Hello, small

This is a question that we all asked before building a montage, Now I ask myself this question more, I know it works and what I am trying to do is improve the system because with 20% to 30% depending on the diet it does not seem so that the manufacturers are interested or else they have other methods in their schoolbag to achieve the same thing. I am persuaded that, they have try the reactor, like many other things but nothing transpires, it is not necessary to take the tatas, if the handymen manage to make work the patent, them, it must have been a long time since they have tried the Chambrin, Panton and many other montages, but just because it doesn't put it on the market doesn't mean it doesn't work ... and I'm not interested in knowing why it's not sold , what concerns me is the 50% that the tractors manage to do and that I can't do ... that's my job, nothing to prove, everything to try ...
We do not consider ourselves as pros of the pantone but simply good handymen, with very modest means.
Andre
0 x
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 19/10/05, 09:07

that's it, after my mower the second reactor was mounted in an old US jeep equipped with an indenor 2.3L diesel engine dimensions of the core reactor diam 20 tube diam 22 long 110 mm powered by vacuum bulb heated by the circuit vehicle water.
first observation the engine runs well it seems a little more flexible but I did not note any additional power. on the other hand it does not smoke at all especially with the engine brake downhill before it was a disaster.
I have to make a vacuum valve on the air filter inlet because at idle it does not bubble.
then I have to insulate everything to increase the temperature and above all I think my 8/10 supply tubes are much too small.
the suction surface of the reactor is 66mm² which should I put in tube diam (what is the calculation 3x the surface)? : huh:
small
0 x
small
zac

by zac » 19/10/05, 09:32

Hello
the calculation is radius squared by py
here is
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.