Analysis of the wet combustion, DHC Software

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Christophe

Analysis of the wet combustion, DHC Software

by Christophe » 28/05/13, 20:39

Analysis of the wet combustion performance with the DHC Software (Diagram Hygrometric Combustion)

By Rémi guillet * and Jean-Pierre Hébert **

DHC Software (exploitable on Windows XP and Windows 7) is a tool for analysis, improvement and optimization of thermal performance (and ecological) systems with thermal combustion. First dedicated to the case of condensation generators it is also for the case of any system implementing additional water in order to further improve or extend the "field of the condensation" in all cases of combined heat and strength ...

This tool, which highlights the value of knowledge of wet flue gas temperature is also relevant for understanding the performance of all wet cycles beginning with the "pump steam ... It is also relevant to detect any desired condensation or not ... It offers assistance for sizing of two-phase heat exchangers, ...

A description of this software is sent free of charge upon request from guilletremi@yahoo.fr or hebert@insa-rouen.fr

* Rémi Guillet is the author of "From the humidity chart combustion steam pumps" (Elsevier ed. 1998) from "Wet Way Combustion" (Elsevier ed. 2000) and the thesis "through combustion wet and performance "(University. Poincare Nancy in 1 2002 (see" www.scd.uhp-nancy.fr/docnum/SCD_T_2002_0149_GUILLET.pdf)

** Jean-Pierre Hébert is responsible CERTI SPEA (Technical Research Centre and industrial - Process Safety / INSA Rouen Cf http: // www.insa-rouen.fr/recherche/activites-i ... / certi-spe)

Pdf presentation (in English, 24 pages): https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... sQrscZ.pdf

Read also: https://www.econologie.com/forums/combustion ... t5794.html et https://www.econologie.com/forums/combustion ... t7869.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/05/13, 20:57

What is it that such gibberish?

if wet wood burned better than dry wood that would be known

But I put a lot of water vapor admission of my gasifier, and the result is precisely to prevent the heat: all the heat is used to decompose water and make up of hydrogen and CO: the result is the opposite of what one wants in a boiler
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/05/13, 21:00

Your "dry" wood is never dry because at best it has 8 to 10% humidity (pellets) ... at worst 20% (badly dried log wood)

Obviously too much water is not good for burning!

Viewing .pdf it's heavy!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/05/13, 21:10

I apologize but I do not understand it

I can not even understand what it was talking with them aa pump steam
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/05/13, 21:13

Must return to INSA then lol ...

had you read the oldest subjects?

This goes quite doping water ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/05/13, 00:40

I ended up finding a pdf econology that shows what this PAVE pump steam
https://www.econologie.com/combustion-en ... -3865.html

blah is an additional heat recuperateur to condense at lower temperature than the temperature back from a boiler Condensation

and as moist smoked out of a boiler contains more energy than it takes to preheat the intake air, humidify the air intake allows to recover a little more heat

it seems to me a very small solution because it involves less than 1% of total return

remains to be seen the effect of the moisture on the combustion quality ... and I'm reading I have not seen any explanation
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/05/13, 10:53

chatelot16 wrote:remains to be seen the effect of the moisture on the combustion quality ... and I'm reading I have not seen any explanation

M'enfin? This is THE basis of water doping talked about for years!

You can read (230 pages): the Full thesis doctoral the Paris Mines School on the addition of water in the combustion of heavy fuel oil :

Summary

Heavy fuel oils, waste oils or animal fats are dense, viscous fuel that can be promoted. Burn these fuels in emulsion with water reduces the flame length and especially the formation of solid carbonaceous residues (particles) with respect to the pure fuel.

Because the phenomenon of micro explosion, which consists of the rapid vaporization (<0.1 ms.) Of the internal water droplets, dislocates the emulsion droplet into several smaller droplets. First, an unsteady model of the emulsion droplet allows, thanks to an appropriate criterion (vaporization of the internal water droplets in a metastable liquid state) to establish a numerical prediction of its micro explosion delay. This prediction is compared to experimental measurements taken from the literature, with different combustion parameters and different emulsion formulations (ie 27 different situations).

Can this model of individual droplet is incorporated into a spray combustion model, taking into account the phenomenon of micro explosion: the results are used to compare the obtained flame (~ 150 kW) with and without fuel emulsification. This comparison of temperature fields and flame lengths qualitatively confirms the trends observed in experimental studies of literature. Finally, an experimental campaign on an industrial boiler modest power (~ 200 kW) measures a reproducible drop (between 30 and 35%) of particulate emissions using an emulsion of water in heavy fuel oil, compared to pure heavy oil. Measuring the size of particles emitted helps provide a micro explosion indicator.

Keywords: combustion spray, emulsion, micro explosion, heavy fuel oil, particles, cenospheres

And the thesis of Rémi Guillet: https://www.econologie.com/these-sur-la- ... -4403.html (232 pages!)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/05/13, 16:15

to burn heavy fuel oil or waste oil I agree that the steam is useful

Besides the first burner for heavy fuel oil for boiler steam it has been spray steam jet! , Initially by ease because when we steam under pressure it is easier to put a jet of steam that another type of pump, then took glimpse the steam had a positive effect on combustion

but with other fuel such as methane or producer gas that burn perfectly without adding anything to what little has used doping water?

I do not agree with this way of presenting water as a solution universselle

in the engine oil, oil also burns perfectly

in diesel, it seems that increasing injection pressure has solved the problem ... what made them disappear aquazole kind solution that were useful especially on some old engine ... and not even all because some old engine diesel is always good combustion
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 29/05/13, 18:01

chatelot16 wrote:... In diesel, it appears that the increase in injection pressure has solved the problem ... What made them disappear aquazole kind solution that were useful especially on some old engine ... and not even all because some old diesel engine is always good combustion

The high-pressure injection improved performance okay, but mostly changed sized proportions of particles rejected .... especially with a strengthening of the amount of the fine / particles dangerous to health.

He obviously lack a full comparison of levels (size) of particles emitted with or without water injection in one form or another. 8)
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/05/13, 18:11

All high pressure diesel have EGR which, by injecting a portion of the exhaust gas containing water vapor (roughly 1L for 1L fuel burned by the combustion equation) Is obtained an effect similar to a water injection ...

See also this topic (to be completed) https://www.econologie.com/forums/equation-i ... 10531.html
0 x