A new water doping on J5

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
jyb
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

A new water doping on J5

by jyb » 07/11/11, 17:21

Hello
I have a fitted J5 van,
The engine is a 2,5 l, diesel (CX engine), and the average consumption is 10 l, / 100 km,
I drive smoothly, and have a maximum speed of 100 km / hr.

I'm looking for a reliable system to save fuel.
My motivations are more economic than ecological.

At first, given its simplicity of realization and its almost zero cost, I will install a vortex system.

I am currently unemployed, and have time to tinker. I have training and experience as a building finishing technician, draftsman, and boilermaker trainer.

I have the possibility of occasionally having a boilermaking workshop with machines, welding stations, and many scraps, in steel, stainless steel…

For quite some time, I have been looking for information on Pantone systems, and I will try to adapt a water doping system.
Despite the many info found on the net, I still have an important question.
Is there an influence on the lifespan of a water-doped engine?
Many results are disseminated, but they concern only consumption and pollution, but I did not find evidence on a gain or loss of reliability.

Then I have a multitude of small questions concerning the design and the realization of such a system.
I find in the course of my research answers, but I find it difficult to find precise indications concerning the dimensioning, the choice of materials, elements, compared to the type and power of an engine.
For the installation of the system in the J5, I have room, and I will try to shorten the connections between the different elements, to avoid heat loss, and to do a compact "trick".
I intend to make a plan (autocad) of the system before embarking on the realization, with the possibility of modifying it during manufacture.

I hope this forum will give me answers to my questions, and that we can exchange good ideas to advance the "schmilblick"
@+
Last edited by jyb the 07 / 11 / 11, 18: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x
researchers looking for one finds

researchers who find one is looking for
CDG
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/11/11, 17:59

Very economical method shown on Arte by a young original creating his job:
move with a bike and a bike trailer even big furniture !!
0 x
Projéthée
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Projéthée » 07/11/11, 18:18

The vortex test seems like a good idea to me. I have had two out of four successful attempts, but unfortunately could not detect the root causes of “it works” or “it doesn't”. The only thing that is not certain is that the number and inclination of the blades correspond (when it works) to a given ideal speed and load. On the 1500cc of my Mazda that meant around 3000 to 3500 rpm alone or with two in it. Still in the field of roughly, if after assembly the engine noise does not change significantly, you can tell yourself that it is grated. Although I no longer have it, I still remember the captivating sound of this Mazda between 3000 and 4000 rpm. A hoarse and warm sound of engine prepared when only the air filter was no longer original.
0 x
Flytox

Re: A new doping with water on J5

by Flytox » 07/11/11, 19:00

Hello jyb, Welcome to the club.

jyb wrote:Hello
I have a fitted J5 van,
The engine is a 2,5 l, diesel (CX engine), and the average consumption is 10 l, / 100 km,
I drive smoothly, and have a maximum speed of 100 km / hr.

I'm looking for a reliable system to save fuel.
My motivations are more economic than ecological.

What is this engine, recent, high pressure injection wrapped in electronics? Can you present it to us? :P

For quite some time, I have been looking for information on Pantone systems, and I will try to adapt a water doping system.
Despite the many info found on the net, I still have an important question.
Is there an influence on the lifespan of a water-doped engine?
Many results are disseminated, but they concern only consumption and pollution, but I did not find evidence on a gain or loss of reliability.

On old diesel engines with little or no electronics, I haven't heard of any serious problems with Pantone. Personally I have to turn 16 or 18000 km in fact without worries. André also exceeded 40000Km without worries.

On very recent engines, there is a post somewhere on Econology where the type (a professional) had broken. But it was not documented enough to draw some lessons from it, even on the root cause ... : Cry: When there is a lot of electronics, we may need to deceive the different sensors that requires a lot of knowledge in electronics, regulation etc ... and .... the difficulty increases beaucoup. AMHA, you have to start by biting your teeth on an old rustic thing before tackling that. : Mrgreen:

Then I have a multitude of small questions concerning the design and the realization of such a system.
I find in the course of my research answers, but I find it difficult to find precise indications concerning the dimensioning, the choice of materials, elements, compared to the type and power of an engine.

So that we can help you, you would have to offer us / submit something, a crobar, photos etc ... We do not have the nose in your mill to solve without seeing the problems of congestion etc ... There is no standard diagram listed with the materials etc which answers the problem every time ....

I intend to make a plan (autocad) of the system before embarking on the realization, with the possibility of modifying it during manufacture.

Excellent! :P

I hope this forum will give me answers to my questions, and that we can exchange good ideas to advance the "schmilblick"
@+

This is the place for : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
jyb
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jyb » 07/11/11, 20:49

Now I hesitate to put a vortex : Mrgreen:
Originally the engine makes enough noise, it is clear that we are not broken down.

as requested by Flytox, here are some details:
J5 engine
type U25 / 661
2500 cc.
power 75 hp DIN at 4500 rpm.
torque at 2250 rpm. : 14.9 daN

the cattle truck is from 1989 and has a total mileage of 198000 km. (not sure if it is the original engine) I did not choose the color, but it is green

the mill is a good old diesel pre-injection chamber powered by a rotary injection pump brand Roto-diesel.
to be rustic, it is, but I wouldn't want to use it prematurely.
I believe that the only electronic part is located in the charge regulator of the alternator. and that's how I like them.

Regarding the technical details, I am only at the preliminary study, I have enough info to start making a draft on paper.
I think the questions will come soon enough.

Right now, I'm going to try to meet the grandpa of this video,
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ircp_pantone_news
He lives in a village near my home, I would have a good feedback, the report dates from 2007
@+
0 x

CDG
Flytox

by Flytox » 07/11/11, 21:23

jyb wrote:
the mill is a good old diesel pre-injection chamber powered by a rotary injection pump brand Roto-diesel.
to be rustic, it is, but I wouldn't want to use it prematurely.
I believe that the only electronic part is located in the charge regulator of the alternator. and that's how I like them.

The potential for improvement is greater with old technologies : Mrgreen:

Right now, I'm going to try to meet the grandpa of this video,
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ircp_pantone_news
He lives in a village near my home, I would have a good feedback, the report dates from 2007
@+

A is very good, you will have a starting base, and already solutions on congestion, may be a statement of consumption ... :P What a good start!
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
jyb
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jyb » 07/11/11, 21:37

Flytox wrote:The potential for improvement is greater with old technologies

the best soups are made in old pots Image
0 x

CDG
Projéthée
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Projéthée » 07/11/11, 22:47

For the vortex and the engine noise, I said that it might change, not necessarily increase. I doubt your petition will make more fuss after vortexing than before, lol.
0 x