Article econology AUTOBIO on doping in the water!

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/08/13, 11:30

The link to this topic that you put this morning no longer appears in the comments (offline mode) against that, commercial, hypnow has remained ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 09/08/13, 11:36

I'm greedy!
buttock goat what : Wink:
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/08/13, 11:47

Ben you can change the comment that remains ...
0 x
etienne34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

EGR and water doping

by etienne34 » 17/11/13, 12:39

Hello everyone, I've been researching water doping for several weeks, and I've decided to install one on my Picasso 2002 2.0 HDI. My goal is depollution.
Gold having used my vehicle in the mountains last week, revealing a problem: no power uphill. Worse than with my old traffic. I put that on the account of the EGR. So I'm going to plug the EV (to my great guilt of polluter : Evil: ) and see what happens (not say it changes anything as a priori the symptom suggests that the valve would be open).
In fact, I do not want to disassemble (electronic problems in perspective).
On the other hand I said to myself that the water kit could very well do the job of cleaning up this valve when the "gas" passes through it.
My question: Is it not an aberration to install a water kit by letting the EGR valve work?
Many (and that's nothing to say) parameters escape me.
:?:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: EGR and water doping

by bamboo » 17/11/13, 19:10

etienne34 wrote:Hello everyone, I've been researching water doping for several weeks, and I've decided to install one on my Picasso 2002 2.0 HDI. My goal is depollution.
[...]
My question: Is it not an aberration to install a water kit by letting the EGR valve work?
Many (and that's nothing to say) parameters escape me.
:?:

An EGR valve is already a way of injecting water into the engine: the exhaust gases contain (water) ...
0 x
Flytox

Re: EGR and water doping

by Flytox » 17/11/13, 23:33

Hi etienne34, welcome.

etienne34 wrote:Gold having used my vehicle in the mountains last week, revealing a problem: no power uphill. Worse than with my old traffic. I put that on the account of the EGR. So I'm going to plug the EV (to my great guilt of polluter : Evil: ) and see what happens (not say it changes anything as a priori the symptom suggests that the valve would be open).
In fact, I do not want to disassemble (electronic problems in perspective).
On the other hand I said to myself that the water kit could very well do the job of cleaning up this valve when the "gas" passes through it.
:

If it is indeed an EGR valve problem that is causing a big lack of power, you are likely to have, in addition to the valve, the entire intake manifold filled / choked with an infamous mixture of soot, oil. and other carbonaceous deposits. All this m ... e is not going to go away without going to pick it up "with a teaspoon". It sticks, does not want to dissolve in gasoline ... a real hassle to clean even with Karcher hot water (because you can't go into corners)! The "solvent" which is going well exists but I do not have the reference.: Cry:

AMHA, a Gillier Pantone is able to maintain a clean intake manifold and clean a dirty collector but certainly not empty a collector half-clogged by this muddy carbonaceous glue.

You can always invent a variant .... or even inject the steam of a Gillier Pantone at the exit of your EGR valve. It seems to me that most Pantomists who had an EGR valve were fired or plugged (because of difficulty in developing?)
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
etienne34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by etienne34 » 18/11/13, 23:50

Thank you flytox for your answer and Bamboo too (the consistency of EGR gases and those from gillier do not seem to me to have the same chemical composition): cheesy:

Flytox
You can always invent a variant .... or even inject the steam of a Gillier Pantone at the exit of your EGR valve. It seems to me that most Pantomists who had an EGR valve were fired or plugged (because of difficulty in developing?)

My brain is boiling.
I am not a born physicist, by cons I like to think, and especially I do not like to let me handle. This EGR valve is in fact the reverse system of the pantome. The egr exchanger allows the cooling of the gases by the coolant to not redo nox (so called) to the combustion, while the giler warms the water by the gas.
This inverted system is also found in the consequences: the giraffe is a virtuous circle while the EGR is vicious.
That's where bad faith leads us ... good example.
This EGR exchanger inspires me as much as the eco-reactor that I plan to buy. But I can not afford to look any further, except take my time. It's good, I have time to save before leaving 750 balls ... :P

I'm waiting for the rain to stop and I'm going to close the sassy hole, go.
Before disassembly I will try the c99, or a coup de GO excelium to debouch. I will stick to the juice and also (and especially) for the gillier.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/11/13, 22:36

etienne34 wrote:This EGR valve is in fact the reverse system of the pantome. The egr exchanger allows the cooling of the gases by the coolant to not redo nox (so called) to the combustion, while the giler warms the water by the gas.
This inverted system is also found in the consequences: the giraffe is a virtuous circle while the EGR is vicious.

Yes and no ... The EGR valve system balances soot in the intake that sticks to it, it's not top or very mechanical. The valve at least in the first generations was full of problems / failures, not great either. But ... it injects water in the form of steam, it is good for combustion (reduction of particles, CO2 and CO, these recycled gases decrease among others the amount of oxygen available at admission to the bottom and average diets so it goes in the direction of decreasing NOx.Although it's not ideal, it's not completely stupid either.

Make a hybrid of Gillier Pantone that sends steam at the exit of EGR valve is a solution quite possible ...:!:

The cooling of these re-injected gases, this allows a more constant operation and to limit the temperature of the inlet gases (limit the filling / power). This may also be a beneficial effect on dirt that settles in the intake manifold.

Before disassembly I will try the c99, or a coup de GO excelium to debouch.

Do not waste your GO, it removes virtually nothing! The least inefficient I've found is the paint thinner. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

etienne34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by etienne34 » 20/11/13, 11:15

these recycled gases decrease among other things the quantity of oxygen available at intake at low and medium revs, so it goes in the direction of decreasing NOx.

Yes OK.

The cooling of these re-injected gases, this allows a more constant operation and to limit the temperature of the inlet gases (limit the filling / power). This may also be a beneficial effect on dirt that settles in the intake manifold.

Yes, I have read that the cooling by exchanger would have the role of limiting the accumulation of soot but also to reduce the amount of nox by the low combustion temperature.

This exchanger on my engine dw10td L4 (not the L3) intrigues me.

:!: Sorry for the copyright this hand and this egr system are not mine.

It looks like the reactor of ecopra or other craft version of gilbert ...

Question: apparently my valve is fixed on the exhaust manifold. The water vapor will not be able to clean it (unless it swims against the current of gases) : Cheesy:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 20/11/13, 22:45

etienne34 wrote:Yes, I have read that the cooling by exchanger would have the role of limiting the accumulation of soot but also to reduce the amount of nox by the low combustion temperature.

Indeed, this is what we read in the specialized literature.

This exchanger on my engine dw10td L4 (not the L3) intrigues me.
It looks like the reactor of ecopra or other craft version of gilbert ...

Yes !!! : Mrgreen:

Question: apparently my valve is fixed on the exhaust manifold. The water vapor will not be able to clean it (unless it swims against the current of gases) : Cheesy:

There may not be much space and also a problem of pressure to overcome, .... but we can also try to inject the steam just upstream of the valve to clean ..... difficult / complicated :frown:

May be difficult also, reverse the position of the EGR valve so that it is after the exchanger and not before.
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]