Insulation work in house 1965

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/09/09, 11:04

Eisenheim wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:By the way Einsemheim, do the quotes that you got talk about that (management of opening and all the little details: junction with roof, etc ...)?

For exterior insulation, no I have no details in the quote !!
Well I think we should ask them:
- how they manage the openings (do they offer something special for the amounts, lintels, window tables)?
- how do they manage everything that is "hooked" to the facade (incoming telephone and elec.) or what "passes through" (bathroom ventilation grid etc.)?
- how do they manage the shutters?
- how do they manage the connection to the roof if there are faults that exceed?

Eisenheim wrote:Moreover on this subject, the last guy passed for the insulation of the attic immediately proposes min 28-30cm, no crusting because no utility even less with the type of house which one buys, and works with "Cellisol" wadding (what is it worth?) [...]
CELLISOL is "falsely French" cotton wool since in fact it is made in England by EXCEL Industry, and sold under the "Warmcell" brand.

Apparently the quality is not bad and it's a brand that has been around for a long time, so they are up to date on this material.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/09/09, 11:15

Woodcutter wrote:- how do they manage the shutters?

According to Eisenheim's photo, there is no shutter. Hence the suggestion to assemble the facade insulation frames yourself. The two major problems being the door + window frames (as already explained) and the junction of the insulation with the ground (point on which it would be interesting to dwell, because even if Eisenheim does not envisage this solution for the 'moment ... this can be useful to other "econologists").

Indeed, the intrinsic cost of the insulating material is relatively low and many can "afford" it, it would be barely 1500 € in this case it seems ...

As an example, last year we “gillé” ~ 2660 € of fuel oil and this while not exceeding 19 ° in the home ...

This means that roughly speaking, such insulation pays for itself - not in 10 or 20 years - but in 3 years, if we can reduce consumption by half (which is very realistic => because already equipped with a new boiler) ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/09/09, 13:55

Obamot wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:- how do they manage the shutters?

According to Eisenheim's photo, there is no shutter. [...]
I'm not as sure as you are: I seem to see (in dark) folding shutters upstairs.

Obamot wrote:Indeed, the intrinsic cost of the insulating material is relatively low and many can "afford" it, it would be barely 1500 € in this case it seems ... [...]
Beware of abusive generalizations: paying for materials alone is within the reach of the first portfolio to come; properly installing exterior insulation is slightly more complicated only that... : Cheesy:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/09/09, 17:11

... indeed, there are prerequisites. A minimum of knowledge and experience is necessary. Necessarily.

This is why Biotek's "participatory contributions" are interesting, but you have to have time in front of you ...
0 x
Eisenheim
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Eisenheim » 10/09/09, 11:29

Hello,

I had some news in particular on the insulation of the attic with cellulose wadding "Cellisol" ... of which here is the estimate:

MATERIALS USED

MANUFACTURER: CELLISOL
INSULATION: CELLULOSE WADDING (Recycled papers and newspapers)
o Rot-proof, anticryptogamic, unassailable by rodents and pests
o Organic product without asbestos or mineral fibers. Addition of boron salt
o Non-toxic, ecological classification. Classified M1. CSTB technical opinion N ° 20 / 06-97
o Thermal conductivity: 0.042W / mk. Density used: 24 kg / m3
o R m²K / W = 5.80 (with imposed compaction of 20%). Real R at installation: 6.96
o Real settlement over 20 years: 10%. Phase shift: 12 hours
o The blowing can be done on the insulation in place.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK

o Blowing of cellulose wadding in the entire attic.
o Installation of a trap door surround and junction box markers.
o Cleaning of the site and evacuation of rubble from the Company.

ESTIMATE OF WORK
SUPPLY IN 300 MM (R = 5,8) 28,70 m² at 26,9 € HT per m² 772,03 € HT
Glass wool removal 28,70 m² at 6,5 € HT per m² 186,55 € HT
TOTAL € 958,58 excl.VAT => TOTAL incl.VAT = € 1011.30

I obviously asked to remove the glass wool removal that we can and will have to do ourselves before the arrival of the electrician who will redo the installation in the attic !!

The thickness is 30cm before packing, the validated R will be the R after packing (5.86) I suppose? would it be interesting to increase the thickness a little more to at least exceed an R to 6?

Thank you in advance.
0 x
Eisenheim
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Eisenheim » 22/09/09, 11:30

nobody ? :|
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 22/09/09, 11:47

Eisenheim wrote:nobody ? :|

A little patience, many people who answer are either father, independent, or ...
In short, they only come home in the evening, or just not in time :D
They answer for free, when they have time ... :D
And then sometimes, they don't answer pcq, the answer is elsewhere on econo.
Eisenheim? it seems to me that it is in Alsace :D I spent eight days in Andlau, with an ex Miss Alsace : Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Jamo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jamo » 22/09/09, 12:25

Eisenheim wrote:Hello,
The thickness is 30cm before packing, the validated R will be the R after packing (5.86) I suppose? would it be interesting to increase the thickness a little more to at least exceed an R to 6?

Thank you in advance.

Hello
normally you must be 30cm after compaction and this compaction is calculated before. however why 24kg / m3 and not 35 kg / m3? you will have to look at the ETA of the cellulose they encrypted for you.
there is a tool they made available at the bottom of the page:
http://www.cellisol.com/mise_en_oeuvre.php.
by modifying the density, look at what% it makes on the number of bags.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/09/09, 12:45

Eisenheim wrote:Hello,

I had some news in particular on the insulation of the roof spaces with cellulose wadding "Cellisol" ... of which here is the estimate: [...]
o Thermal conductivity: 0.042W / mk. Density used: 24 kg / m3 [...]
24 kg / m3 I don't see how they do it! By compacting only the wadding already reaches 30 kg / m3 ...
That is perhaps why the lambda goes back up: lambda is optimal around 30 to 35 kg / m3, then goes up a little later, then becomes clearly less good above 65 kg / m3 (from the bulk, the panels This is another thing).

Eisenheim wrote:o R m²K / W = 5.80 (with imposed compaction of 20%). Real R at installation: 6.96[...]
It corresponds to a lambda of 0.043 or to a thickness of 292.5 mm ??? :?:

Eisenheim wrote:o Real settlement over 20 years: 10%. Phase shift: 12 hours [...]
The actual settlement from 24 kg, I am skeptical, I would say 20%.
Plus 12 hours of phase shift, it's great no matter what!
With the given lambda and density values, I get 7.6 h for 300 mm (not packed).

Eisenheim wrote:ESTIMATE OF WORK
SUPPLY IN 300 MM (R = 5,8) 28,70 m² at 26,9 € HT per m² 772,03 € HT
Glass wool removal 28,70 m² at 6,5 € HT per m² 186,55 € HT
TOTAL € 958,58 excl.VAT => TOTAL incl.VAT = € 1011.30[...]
It is a little expensive per m² for so little R, but with such a small surface, fixed costs become important (the insulation of the hatch is integrated into the cost / m²).

Eisenheim wrote:The thickness is 30cm before packing, the validated R will be the R after packing (5.86) I suppose? would it be interesting to increase the thickness a little more to at least exceed an R to 6? [...]
You should ask to have a final R of at least 7 ...
When we sell this type of service, we sell R = 7.9, ie 300 mm after compaction.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/09/09, 12:56

Jamo wrote:[...] on the other hand why 24kg / m3 and not 35 kg / m3? you will have to look at the ETA of the cellulose they encrypted for you. [...]
It surprised me too, but it's like that in CSTB TA ...
0 x