What ecological and independent heating mode?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
deceitful
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

What ecological and independent heating mode?

by deceitful » 24/01/14, 16:33

Hello everyone.

It's been a long time (1an ..) that I turn and return the heating mode, make quotes.
At first I was looking for a mainly economical mode of heating.
Then I thought ecology. I landed here before the summer. : Idea:

After quotes for Pac Air / Air, woodstoves and other vmc double flow; Here are the disadvantages that seem to me major in 2014:
- expensive and tedious maintenance
- apart from wood, ALL are totally dependent on ERDF and therefore more heating in case of power failure. Point that may be recurrent in the coming years with our nuclear power plants at the end of life.
- very bulky (stove, boiler)
- consuming fossil fuel or fuel from organic farming. I am opposed to replacing one weak point with another.

In short, I am looking for a solution that would have the following criteria:
- independent of ERDF and fuels
- space-saving inside
- inexpensive if you're handyman

I did some research on the Canadian Well. I like the principle but the tariffs of setting up are exorbitant
Leroy merlin gives the explanation of the setting up
http://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/idees-co ... 1308220678

In short, if you have ideas.
To know that I have a very well insulated house and that I seek simple and inexpensive ways to further improve the insulation.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 24/01/14, 21:03

I suggest moving to a warm country;)
0 x
deceitful
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by deceitful » 24/01/14, 22:09

we do not have to complain in the area. It rarely freezes.
By cons it rains a lot.
But that's not the subject.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/01/14, 22:33

yet it is the only way to reduce the price of heating to zero: to move to a country where there is never a need for heating

finally it is not a perfect solution because you may fall on a country where there is need for air conditioning ... or even worse or nothing to find water to drink is too difficult
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 25/01/14, 09:39

it was just a bit of a skin reaction. : Cheesy:

To be clear, a really powerful system will be at least under electronic control and will therefore depend on EDF.

Then the additional constraints:
- the wood stove is already too bulky? then the system must be outside the house?
- What do you call bio fuel? Are wood or pellets part of it?

In the current state of my understanding, I see a solar system operating in thermosiphon, which requires that the panels are located lower than the balloons themselves which must be lower than the radiators.
0 x
deceitful
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by deceitful » 25/01/14, 11:56

Philippe Schutt wrote:it was just a bit of a skin reaction. : Cheesy:

To be clear, a really powerful system will be at least under electronic control and will therefore depend on EDF.

Then the additional constraints:
- the wood stove is already too bulky? then the system must be outside the house?
- What do you call bio fuel? Are wood or pellets part of it?

In the current state of my understanding, I see a solar system operating in thermosiphon, which requires that the panels are located lower than the balloons themselves which must be lower than the radiators.

Organic fuel: Ethanol, bio-diesel and assimilated
No problem with wood and pellets except the place of the system.
It is true that I would like an external system. It is a small new house on which we had planned all electrical because of the standards (central manager) but it inflates me to be dependent on EDF and exponential rates of electricity.
We manage to maintain 20-22 ° C with 3kw during the mild winter.
It is this inertia that interests me and that I would like to improve again with an inertia heating.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/01/14, 13:56

In the case of a small house properly insulated and therefore requiring little energy for heating, only a simple way and low initial cost (investment) is likely to be suitable.
A modern and not too powerful wood stove can provide the basic heat, the electric heaters then used to modulate and / or to supplement in case of absence.
In this option, you have the choice between logs and pellets according to the criteria that you favor: economy, security of supply * or autonomy, automatism.

* And independence vis-à-vis EDF.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 25/01/14, 19:06

Let's posit a stink better debate and reason overall:

- if you are on this forum, except "solar computer", you use current; and indeed, one thing is "smart" consumption, compatible with renewable production ...

There is the electricity that every household consumes (except autarky). And there is anyway, what we consume indirectly (the "gray energy" contained in any consumer product)

- then what good is it to be "ultra" (zero electrical consumption) for your heating system, when you are not for the rest ??? Any sense !

- another thing is the electric heating, which is voracious, which obliges the operators to over-equip themselves to face the "peaks" of extreme cold; unnecessary over-equipment 4/5 of the year, but that everyone pays ...

I therefore encourage you not to resort to a heating mode whose fuel is the electricity (including therefore the PAC) ...

- Another thing is still the risk of being deprived of heating in case of break / storm / etc ...

To run "new generation" circulators (very economical), a boiler or a stove, such as the fridge or lighting, in all circumstances, the only solution is the emergency unit! If we fear shorter cuts, it is a "backup" in the form of batteries / inverters ...
0 x
deceitful
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by deceitful » 26/01/14, 00:05

Did67 wrote:Let's posit a stink better debate and reason overall:

- if you are on this forum, except "solar computer", you use current; and indeed, one thing is "smart" consumption, compatible with renewable production ...

There is the electricity that every household consumes (except autarky). And there is anyway, what we consume indirectly (the "gray energy" contained in any consumer product)

- then what good is it to be "ultra" (zero electrical consumption) for your heating system, when you are not for the rest ??? Any sense !

I was going to answer, but you did it.
Did67 wrote:- Another thing is still the risk of being deprived of heating in case of break / storm / etc ...

To run "new generation" circulators (very economical), a boiler or a stove, such as the fridge or lighting, in all circumstances, the only solution is the emergency unit! If we fear shorter cuts, it is a "backup" in the form of batteries / inverters ...

This is exactly the principle of what I am looking for. A heater that works even if there is no more EDF.
As for the computer that I use, it will be very secondary the day when it will be cold at home because of a cut EDF.
I have a gasoline electro group that could allow me to run an electronic oil stove, but good ....

If the RT2012 is used again, new homes MUST be equipped with a heat pump or "efficient" heating method. Electric radiators only in emergency in the rooms. It's cute full as a standard but it's a new step in electricity addiction.

So is there a wood heating that would be "external" to the house?

My sister has a fireplace buried in the living room. It's very convenient, economical and it works really well. I can not find an equivalent on the net. Basically, we do not see the fireplace, just a hatch in a stone building.
But hey it's something to predict during construction and it was off budget for us.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/01/14, 01:32

we can put a wood boiler where we want ... if there is no space available in the house, we can always build a shelter outside

the problem of autonomy in case of failure edf is not solved by the commercially available hardware, there are some solutions: I have 2

1) a special boiler for central heating also serves as a steam boiler, and small steam engine making a little electricity if it is necessary ... even with a simplified machine with a rather low efficiency there is easily enough to ensure autonomy of heating and some electrical equipment in the house

2) wood gasifier outside the house, to power a gas boiler in the house: big advantage the length of the gas pipes is not limited and does not produce a loss, unlike pipes too long to a boiler outside the house

additional advantage of the gas-generating solution: the gas can also supply a gas-powered genset, in case of failure edf

alas there is none of this available in the trade ... I'm looking for ways to make it
0 x