Ventilation VMC heat loss, a question that grieves me

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
fafane77
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Ventilation VMC heat loss, a question that grieves me

by fafane77 » 15/04/12, 17:05

Hello ,
A vmc does not remove such hot air from a house?
should not it be running just a few times in a day?
is it normal that the air inlets on the roller shutter boxes let in as much cold air?
installing a hygroreglable vmc would be a good solution ??
thank you all for your contributions.
cordially
stef
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 15/04/12, 17:11

If she pulls the moist and used air from the house and brings in cold air but normally drier and less polluted.
There is a better solution from my point of view that pushes the outside air into the house and you can preheat and filter it.
According to the theory in addition by mixing the hot air that remains under ceiling you save about the equivalent of 1 ° heating
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 15/04/12, 17:21

For a simple VMC basic flow from home bricodepot (style) in a house aglo / placo modern ground floor
A customer told me: I cut it, when I heat the wood in the stove, it does not heat, everything is blocked out! and not below the front door

A good double flow VMC does not do that
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 15/04/12, 18:26

A vmc double stream does not solve the problem and by the way is not that green.
It must complicate the system so an exorbitant cost for a rather disappointing performance.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 15/04/12, 19:05

Can not tell you more
I have no vmc
Old stones and joints with lime.
But recover the calories output to put in input is not illogical.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 15/04/12, 19:11

a simple VMC produces a good heat loss

a simple VMC is only useful for a well-sealed home that would not be airy enough without it

alas we see homes not very waterproof, already well enough aerated by drafts ... the VMC is an additional waste

even if the house is waterproof it is not essential to ventilate 24H / 24: a good economy could be made by not running the VMC at the cooler hour of the day

in collective housing it would be necessary to have a simple tool for measuring the mouth flow of VMC because it is not uncommon to have excessive flow which is a real waste of energy.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 15/04/12, 23:28

I lived for 3 years in a "new" pavilion therefore relatively waterproof and naturally equipped with a CMV
I tried to save money by cutting the VMC at night, it was not that good, the condensation tended to accumulate on the cold spots.
Forced to let 24h / 24 run

for my new home, I still hesitate between VMI (cause wood heating) with Canadian well or straight double flow.
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 15/04/12, 23:56

Forhorse a VMI with Canadian well is not recommended, check that there is no radon in your area.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/04/12, 08:44

phil53 wrote:A vmc double stream does not solve the problem and by the way is not that green.
It must complicate the system so an exorbitant cost for a rather disappointing performance.
Do you have better to propose than the VMC DF. :?: (A heat pump, maybe.) :|
Yes, my VMC Df cost me dear (6000 € installed by me), and it is an important project. But I "bought myself a Rolls".
The result is very convincing, - 48% on my gas consumption (but only 38% on the bill, the price of gas "soaring") for the year when it was only put into service there. at 6 months.
However, do not take these numbers to the letter, last year was unusually mild and I redid the insulation of the attic to cover the VMC.
In terms of the comfort felt, we are very satisfied, the bad smells, and the humidity problems of the house are gone.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 16/04/12, 08:57

Hello,
In fact, I had a long conversation with fafane who thought to solve his problems of home fridge, isolating from the outside.
In the middle of the conversation, I replied "it won't change anything at all!"
I explain and you will give me your opinion.
House that has 10 years of age.
Insulation: 8cm of polystyrene inside! (no thermal accumulation).
There are vents at all the windows, on the ground floor, and upstairs in the bedrooms! (Which for me, makes chimney effect, and creates huge losses, especially since there is no wall accumulating the heat)
Then this vmc, which constantly throws calories.
That's how we came to the conclusion, to enslave the vmc, a hygrometer, or something of the kind.
I also propose to plug all windows vents, and check the humidity level of the house.
I find it incredible to build a house (ten years ago), with interior insulation.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."