VMC: invent system from germany

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
cyclotan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

VMC: invent system from germany

by cyclotan » 05/12/08, 21:18

About VMC, visiting a trade show in Germany, I discovered the InVENTer product.

The principle:
A fan, placed in the wall, integrates into its duct a ceramic module, which heats up when the air in the house is extracted, then once this ceramic has warmed up (after 70 seconds), we reverse the air flow which then recovers the heat from the ceramic.
For this to work, we install the system in pairs: 2 modules that work in opposite directions, one extracts the air and the other draws air from the outside and then reverses the assembly.
See the doc here:

https://www.econologie.com/vmc-inventer- ... -3991.html
http://www.inventer.de/en/Products/site__174/

This product is already widely distributed in Germany, including in passive houses.
By cons there is no, it seems, a reseller in France (but available in Luxembourg or Belgium).

I currently have a house that is 15 years old and I am looking for solutions to replace my single flow VMC and this system interests me because it does not require installing a duct that I would have difficulty placing because no attic.

If you have additional information, I am interested.
Last edited by cyclotan the 06 / 12 / 08, 10: 03, 1 edited once.
0 x

dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/12/08, 21:38

not bad.
it is double flow but sequential instead of being continuous
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/12/08, 21:50

It looks like double flow but one flow at a time with accumulation of calories in a small "buffer" ... so yes you can call it sequential double flow ...

It seems nice because surely much cheaper than a VMC double flow and probably bcp easier to install!

In short, it's all beneficial! Image

Ah ah ah, apparently it's not yet sold in France, however it is in Belgium :)
0 x
Do a image search or an text search - Netiquette of forum - Support the forum doing Useful shopping
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/12/08, 22:06

Hello cyclotan

The principle is very interesting. This is reminiscent of a system under study for a few years on fixed gas turbines which also uses the fact of heating a ceramic module to then recover its heat.

It is a large rotating disc located in the exhaust of a gas turbine, sufficiently 'porous' to allow the passage of hot gases but which stores this heat in the process. The rotating disc continues its course and arrives in the intake part of the turbine. The fresh gases also pass through the disc which then gives up its calories. The thermodynamic efficiency is much better. The explanation of the principle was in a Sciences et vie from a few years ago.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 06/12/08, 08:57

Too bad PDF documents don't work : Cry:
0 x

cyclotan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by cyclotan » 06/12/08, 10:01

To complete this a bit:
We must not dream, there is no miracle.
From a price point of view, you have to arrive at about the same price as a double flow VMC: except for light installations, such as in a small apartment with 2 fans for example. In these typical cases, it's really interesting.
The prices of the different elements are indicated here:
http://www.inventer.de/en/Products/site__299/
It is not cheap, but they are also quality products. You have to compare what is comparable.
On the other hand, less complex and less cumbersome to install than a double flow VMC. Less problem of humidity, freezing etc in the conduits. Because it is a problem of the CMV double flow, when it freezes, it is necessary to provide an electrical resistance to heat the incoming air (on pain of freezing the whole during the condensation of water) or otherwise, which is even better, installing a Canadian well at the entrance (but again a lot of conduits, big building site ... difficult and expensive to renovate). It is also necessary to monitor the ducts and clean them regularly, which is not easy, but the risk of bacterial development must be taken into account. Ditto aileur in a CMV single flow but less problematic because we extract the air (so the bacteria are rejected outside!) And the air which circulates in the conduits is the air of the house which is warmer than outside air.

To install an InVENTer system, however, do not forget the electrical installation (power and control).
Here the process of installing a fan:
http://www.inventer.de/en/Products/Mounting/site__300/
With at the bottom of the page, the link to the PDF document with the details.

The site offers a lot of info (unfortunately in English or German).
For PDFs that don't work, maybe access the site directly. Where a recent version of Acrobat Reader ... On my PC it works (Acrobat Reader 9).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/12/08, 11:59

bham wrote:Too bad PDF documents don't work : Cry:

I put the doc on econo: https://www.econologie.com/vmc-inventer- ... -3991.html

It should work right?
0 x
Do a image search or an text search - Netiquette of forum - Support the forum doing Useful shopping
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 06/12/08, 12:18

No, doesn't work either, is my Acrobat too old (6.0 pro)?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/12/08, 12:26

Weird ... no idea am not aware of the acrobat version ... the older, the better generally ...

I use 7.0 ... on my old PC I had 4.0 for years without (almost) no reading problem except some .pdf self-managed by the web.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 06/12/08, 12:51

Yeah IT is good when it works but otherwise : Evil:

Acrobat wrote to me: "there was an error displaying thumbnails. There was a problem reading this document"
Do you know what that means?
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."