Single or double flow VMC?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Scissors
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Single or double flow VMC?

by Scissors » 25/02/22, 19:05

Hello,
I'm completely redoing my bathroom and I don't really know what to choose between a single or double flow VMC...
Suddenly I inquired on the internet but I have the impression of not understanding the real differences. I understood that for both it allowed to properly evacuate humidity or other inconveniences from the air.
But I don't understand the difference between these two systems. Is it just power?
Have any of you hesitated between these two systems?

My sources of information

https://www.qualitel.org/particuliers/e ... mple-flux/

https://www.murhumide.fr/vmc-double-flux
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: VMC single or double flow?

by jean.caissepas » 28/02/22, 01:28

Hello,

for a single room and not your entire home, a single-flow VMC is enough.

To see: VMC hygroadjustable, which cuts itself when there is no more or little humidity.

A double flow is (very) expensive and complex to install (I have one for my entire house of 109m2 = €10 in all with the installation on a new house)
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
Ernesto
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Ernesto » 17/10/22, 00:44

jean.caissepas wrote:Hello,

To see: VMC hygroadjustable, which cuts itself when there is no more or little humidity

A double flow is (very) expensive and complex to install (I have one for my entire house of 109m2 = €10 in all with the installation on a new house)

Damn how expensive is that, so I guess you still have the credit on your head. I will opt for the first solution
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 17/10/22, 01:13

Ernesto wrote:
jean.caissepas wrote:Hello,

To see: VMC hygroadjustable, which cuts itself when there is little or no humidity in thebathroom space.

Damn how expensive is that, so I guess you still have the credit on your head. I will opt for the first solution

Hello.
No, no credit because construction on family land (donation) and I have invested capital while waiting for the land to be released (blocked for 17 years by a motorway project which has been abandoned).
I priced this option only because I had the capital for it and I thought (in 2015) that the energy would increase sharply in the future (but I planted myself on the pellets which are overpriced today today!).
I don't regret it in the end because of the big savings in heating (in 2021-2022: €200 in heating per year!).

In addition, comfort is improved (no air inlets at the windows = zero noise and mosquitoes, better ventilation of the house, the incoming air is "preheated" by the calories of the outgoing air = no draft cold air felt on the air inlets, little dust enters the house because it is filtered at the level of the VMC, partially regulated humidity, etc.).

My project was related to the use of a pellet stove, so that the heat is diffused throughout the house (full foot) and to no longer use electric radiators (which I have never mounted!).

For your project, there is a VMC Zender for apartments that you hide in a closet, but you need to have false ceilings to hide the pipes!
You can visit the site http://forumconstruire.com where the subject has already been discussed.

Good luck in your work!
0 x
Past habits must change,

because the future must not die.