VMC: the pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/10/11, 00:15

VMC or strong aeration, may well thoroughly wet your home and its walls instead of dry, like I found my home some time on an uninhabited house in my absence or my houses airing !!
So that does not go lollipop saw the subject on the VMC !!

What share lollipop is to think like shadoks which include everything backwards !!!!

I understand better how some moisture problems without ever leaving like shadoks to believe that VMC pump, while the problem goes away in a day at home without VMC !!!
Last edited by dedeleco the 15 / 10 / 11, 00: 20, 1 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/10/11, 00:17

dhaulagiri wrote:
I do not think the cut VMC some of the time: the model I chose consumes less 15 W average. By cons, something to make me say that the air passing through the entries is insufficient: when one comes back from work, there is a smell of smoke in the living / dining room. I imagine that the chimney flue (open fire, even if shutter door) creates a pull factor to compensate for the relative tightness of the rest of the room. Simple hypothesis. One day I put a small wood stove to improve the thing but is not there yet ...

1) The VMC SF still may cause problems with a fireplace (open hearth) or stove ...

This is reinforced if the inputs are insufficient, indeed!

But the VMC creates a vacuum and air rentera by Pou he wants, you have trouble making the police: your sockets, even if they are giant, the chimney, the doors below ...

Do not get any illusions.

2) Even without VMC, under certain conditions, there is reverse draft. Classic case: you do not use your fireplace or your stove; the walls, bushels, etc. are cold, but the air in the house and outside is hot (a sudden blow from sirocco): the air cools in the duct "goes down" ... A hot air balloon upside down ...

But needless to scaremongering: since there is no fire, it smells of smoke (this is quite pugnacious sepia smell of the conduits) but there is no CO! You risk nothing, any more than you'll fall steeply sniffing a Bayonne ham!

3) Effectively, bring up to standard. This will not prevent you from "modulating" the operation afterwards. Eventually. I do not want to impose my idea!

The issue is not the 15 W motor of the VMC. The question is calories thrown out the window by the hundreds of hot air m3 thrown out and replaced with cold air or cold. Which can be very dry in winter ... This loss is of the order of magnitude, with VMC hygro SF, of 1 kW! This is not nothing! About 10% of the heating requirement ...

Otherwise, we would not have invented VMC DF for gold!

In summer, I lay in forced march to the bottom ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/10/11, 00:21

dedeleco wrote:
What share lollipop is to think like shadoks which include everything backwards !!!!

Shortly not prevent you from insulting !!!

Exhausting, this attitude of pre-teen ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/10/11, 00:28

dedeleco wrote:VMC or strong aeration, may well thoroughly wet your home and its walls instead of dry, like I found my home some time on an uninhabited house in my absence or my houses airing !!

!!!

It is still not difficult to understand that in an uninhabited house, whose walls are cooled all winter, introduce you warmer, moist air (eg in spring), there will be condensation on walls ... Whether opening or with a VMC ...

VMC, except that it introduces air, has nothing to do with it.

I guess it is also the fault of the VMC if water drips on the water bottle friache for Pastis in the Var in stormy weather ???

Ditto in churches, Mass on Sunday, perspiration of believers, condensation on the frozen walls in spring ... People usually say that the "stone sweats"
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/10/11, 00:38

Strongly agree Did67, plus a fireplace can shoot backwards with the wind in the wrong direction from the position of the chimney from the home and the position of its input air and repress backwards !!
complex vacuum created by the wind behind the house on the input from the fireplace before undergoing the pressure of the wind !!!
One can even die then by CO who comes in, by unfortunate weather !!!

In summer, I lay in forced march to the bottom ...

To clarify, because if outside air is very hot 30 ° C and to 100% humidity as on the east coast of the USA (100 100% ° F and humidity), so huge water condensation in the house and toxic mold !!
Fortunately Alsace is never strictly 100% moisture with the heat !!!
This is why a VMC often enough in France, and the USA only provide AC conditions almost livable !!!

Finally some humor shadok a one-way !!!!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/10/11, 07:55

1) Yes. This configuration, I have developed elsewhere. But then it is rather poor design of the conduit, which does not exceed the roof ridge enough ... In my opinion, this is not the case dhaulagiri, this is not his house ...

But this is no effect. My parents had a house like that. And there actually also risk with CO, as this can occur when there is fire ... so the CO ...

No need to switch, however, one senses smoke!

2) Yes.

For the reason described above (warmer air outside the walls and close to saturation), it may not be appropriate to return to the air. If not breathing. At least not for drying and wicking.

Now the Alace nor the Gard are Louisiana or Mississippi delat ...

That said, exceptionally, the configuration can occur even in Alsace: stormy weather, saturated and hot air (so-called "heavy" weather - it is enough to have had a heart attack to detect it very well). But we don't build a project on exceptions ...

3) No!

The kid who cares a firecracker in your garden the 14 31 July or December, we forgive him his humor ... Humor.

The kid who cares a firecracker when it knows you're there, it's not the huour. If he thinks is funny is that he has not finished his pre-adolescent crisis ...

Do not try to pass for humor your rambling around the dry wood and the showers outside, repeated and repeated over and over, and as the only "contribution", on the threads where we discuss the operation or setting our boilers. We keep anyway. This is the exact title of the son. Your recurring pollution is disrespectful of the most obvious. I remain polite. No humor.

I don't need a survey to know that you'll be the only one to think it's humor. And that should call out to you. But for that you would already have to get out of a pre-teen behavior (laughing and being satisfied with his provocations, the only object of which is to shout: "I exist because I fuck!").
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/10/11, 13:54

your drivel around the dry wood and showers outside,

simply mention what I actually do for me (all summer without a single hot shower, considering the T of the Sea (83) and cold tap water almost equal to that of the sea, this effortlessly) and the dry wood (plus gratis Tension abandoned everywhere before me) does not seem to understand at all, even by pros, since no boiler (or dryer) dries the wood thoroughly before combustion, recovering the heat drying by simple condensation !!
I think there is opportunity to develop industrially seeking the simplest form, but automatically, much better wood performance and much lower pollution !!
Even the pellets would gain !!

It seems to me that the heating still full of simple way to go !!! (forgetting www.dlsc.ca)

Otherwise we agree.
I ramble ecological evidence that this breaks my eyes but not the eyes of most people !!!

Against the CO, do not over rely on smell alone that prevents, as if bad luck one dies well (300morts annually, according to firefighters) (Low speed, sleep, usual smell, etc ..) !!!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/10/11, 15:59

dedeleco wrote:
Otherwise we agree.
I ramble ecological evidence that this breaks my eyes but not the eyes of most people !!!

Against the CO, do not over rely on smell alone that prevents, as if bad luck one dies well (300morts annually, according to firefighters) (Low speed, sleep, usual smell, etc ..) !!!

1) So that brings us to what, on the wires relating to the operation of Okofen boilers and their setting, we who have made a choice, that of an automatic pellet boiler (therefore biomass), clean and which works "like fuel "????

You honestly think we will: a) pick up the dry wood of our neighbors (if they have); b) burning in a boiler which does not exist in an ordinary stove uncomfortable Neighborhood, everything; c) sell our boiler ... Perhaps we will also move to the VAR for hanging showers beachfront (not envy missing!).

And you always passes over in silence what you do at least half the time (showers) and at least half the time in your second home! So at the very least, your ecology lesson does not even last the span of a year and is extremely partial .... When is your eco-balance sheet C complete fossil ???

Conclusion: your drivel, as you admit, then, is a repeated provovation, repetetive and boring on a wire where it does nothing ... and not the shadow of a trace of a contribution, as you would now we persuade ! Take us for fools, and more!

You could try to believe otherwise to whom thou wilt, and wherever you want ... but not to me and not here.

2) Again, in the case of inversion when there is no fire, there is no risk of CO even if there is a smell of smoke.

However, agree with you that rely on odor in the case of a combustion device that works is not the right tactic, CO is odorless.

The expression of my idea there was unlucky:

a) it is essential to ensure a good draw and no drawing inversion leads to standards, attention to depressions created by the VMC SF (VMI is more relevant), taking extréieure sufficient air compared to the draw (ideally today an airtight stove with a pipe primary air outlet)

b) and install a detector ...
Last edited by Did67 the 15 / 10 / 11, 16: 11, 1 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/10/11, 16:05

dedeleco wrote:VMC or strong aeration, may well thoroughly wet your home and its walls instead of dry, like I found my home some time on an uninhabited house in my absence or my houses airing !!
So that does not go lollipop saw the subject on the VMC !!
!!!

@dhaulagiri on this subject

As I wrote in the meantime, this can actually happen under particular weather with cold walls winter output (this depends on the insulation too); unheated house in the absence ...

However, this particular situation will necessarily be short, very short duration and will occur only once or twice a year in our climate.

It will therefore no impact on any development of fungi, allergies, material degradation (unless you have the Mona Lisa at home) ...

Unlike a situation which recurs regularly so as not to die daily, such as the absence of VMC in a "sealed" house ...

Without being false, so the nitpicking. And not a question any real consideration.
0 x
dhaulagiri
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dhaulagiri » 15/10/11, 21:23

Goods.

I understand the criticisms made against the VMC and VMC SF in particular.

I think a smartly designed house can do without it entirely and be much healthier than a house with an CMV. I have dreamed of this house for a long time, but the reality of the market being what it is, I had to "be content" (believe that I measure myself every day my privilege!) With a villa of the 80s. Obviously, no one made me sign with a knife under my chin, but I didn't choose the way it was built, isolated, fitted out ...

If we can curb certain imperfections, there are others with which we must deal. My house is not passive: I therefore accepted the idea of ​​seeing a few calories fly away even before installing the CMV. Obviously, the goal is to do the best possible but, once again, a renovation is a compromise between many constraints. In my opinion, it is fundamental to extract excess humidity and stale air, whatever the cost. And, as Did reminds us, I don't want to consider all the cases that may occur before carrying out my project. Life is too short for that. We can take into account a day when the exceptional weather conditions will make my VMC counter-productive. In this case, let us also take into account a day during which a nuclear "incident" could pollute the air which will enter through the mortises of my windows, because the probability that that day exists does not. is not minimal. The last one happened a month ago. Marcoule is not so far from where I live ...
0 x