VMC and laundry

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Cachou03
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

VMC and laundry

by Cachou03 » 26/02/14, 13:33

Bonjour.

I installed an ALDES MICRO WATT CMV in my house. I have a room that will serve as a laundry room where will be installed the water heater and my washing machine. This room has no window.

In this room should I put a vent?

Thank you
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 27/02/14, 08:08

Will the laundry room be in the heated space (insulated building) or in the outbuildings of the house such as the garage (unheated uninsulated room).

A water heater and a washing machine are not big disrupters of humidity as can a bathroom or a kitchen.

The VMC Simple Flux only extracts "polluted air" from humid rooms. If the laundry room is wet, an extraction outlet must therefore be placed in this room, if it is in the heated space, otherwise one or 2 ventilation grilles are sufficient (one in the low position, one in the high position).
0 x
Cachou03
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Cachou03 » 27/02/14, 09:20

The laundry is in the heated volume because it is an isolated room (and in addition we will do the external insulation). However, it is not heated (no electric heater).

THINGS TO DO
I thought about the ALDES cellar kit.

If not, are you talking about air vents, where to place them? The room has no windows.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 27/02/14, 10:45

The "cellar kit" (marketing term) is it intended for the extraction of air in heated spaces. :?:

Is the room damp or smelly. :?:
This can be controlled with a thermometer / hygrometer a few € or ten €. : Idea:

A VMC Simple Flux improves comfort by evacuating stale but heated air from the home. This exhaust air is replaced by new, unheated air from the outside by non-waterproof joinery or with air inlets.
There is therefore energy loss because it is necessary to heat (or cool in summer) this fresh air.

It is therefore appropriate to ventilate wisely, ie if this room really needs it.

In my house, cellar, wc, bathroom and kitchen are provided with extraction vents, but it is to balance the volume of extracted air with the volume of air blown by my VMC Double Flux ...
Previously, there was only "natural" extraction in the toilets and an extractor hood in the kitchen, the air renewal in the bathroom was done by opening the window after the shower ...
0 x
Cachou03
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Cachou03 » 27/02/14, 14:31

Wet? Smelly?

I do not know. We just bought this house!
0 x