Calorglass reviews: Is the heated window pane effective?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Calorglass reviews: Is the heated window pane effective?

by Christophe » 04/05/15, 17:40

I have just rediscovered the heated glass through this product: http://www.calorglass.com/comment-ca-marche.html

Obviously this is very similar to radiant electrical panels (See as well https://www.econologie.com/forums/choix-entr ... 10208.html )

However, I wonder about the econological aspect of this technology, is placing heat on the surfaces where there is the most heat loss is wise?
0 x
deceitful
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by deceitful » 05/05/15, 19:25

for me the radiant is what brings the least comfort.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/05/15, 19:52

Oh? This was the only advantage I found in radiant electric heating: the feeling of comfort on the skin, as if we were behind a window in the sun ...

Can you argue a little? :?:
0 x
deceitful
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by deceitful » 05/05/15, 20:10

sorry for this short post. I thought I'd come back to it later after studying the product.

I had radiant during 3ans rented and it was a feeling of cold despite the heated thoroughly. Obliged to go to the oil stove at 2ieme winter.
The problem with radiant is that it heats 'objects' instead of heating the environment. If we are right in front, that's fine. But we move we feel the cold air. The radiant is only effective if the insulation is top and there is no draft. I much prefer a mass heating as a coolant or stone where we just heat the air and blow the mass.

To return to the product, I wanted to see if in the long term, the glazing will not be faded by the UV. And if condensation does not form.
In other heating modes, the temperature difference (in deep winter) between the ext and int glass does not exceed 10 ° C.
If it is necessary to heat at 20 ° C while it is -5 ° C outside, I ask to see. This may be the reason for triple glazing used if I understand the scheme.
0 x
Link
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Link » 15/05/15, 11:05

The problem comes from the insulation, if the peripheral walls are poorly insulated, you will always have the sensation of cold wall which will produce an unpleasant radiation and will push you to increase the set temperature and thus overconsumption.
The feeling of discomfort will come from the fact that you will have a temperature difference between the heating zone of your radiant and the rest of the room.

My old apartment was new with good insulation, I'll tell you that not to mention the overconsumption comfort level it was the day and the night with the one before that was badly isolated.

For the glazing:
- Very high cost
- Breakable with the glass
- Very limited heating area, example: you are in a large dining room a winter at -10 ° C but great sun, you will have all the contributions to the same place those of the sun by your windows + those of the heated window.
- As said above "placing the heater on the surfaces where there is the most heat loss is not too wise"
0 x
Emmanuel AF2M
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Calorglass review: Is the heated glazing unit efficient?

by Emmanuel AF2M » 21/04/16, 12:19

Hello,

We are approved installers of heated windows on the island of France. We would love to answer any questions you have about this new technology ....
0 x
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Calorglass review: Is the heated glazing unit efficient?

by LOGIC12 » 29/04/16, 21:09

hello, it sounds appealing at first, but I think it's pretty close to the gadget. And there must be heat that is lost. In addition, the price must be dissuasive. It must be said that at night, we close the shutters that protect the windows, and when there is the sun facing the window, this heating is not useful. So, think about it.

You can not rely on that to heat, given the power, unless you have a super super super insulation.

When you have the radiator under the window, it is largely as well, it is heated and it cuts the cold of the window.

And then it must be expensive .. And if it comes to not work, hard hard troubleshooting, you have to replace the glass, and it will be very expensive.
0 x