Reviews of wood stoves: Franco Belge, Godin or Supra?

Buying well and choosing a product or service well means, in addition to being satisfied, consuming less and preserving the planet, it is essential in 2021 to buy better! Also the exchange of information and experiences makes it possible to avoid various scams and crooks. In 2021, it is essential to exchange your experiences of use, positive or negative, because the market for products and services for the consumer has never been so abundant in the history of mankind. Helping to choose better is essential because buying better means buying sustainable!
Ally
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Reviews of wood stoves: Franco Belge, Godin or Supra?

by Ally » 10/02/08, 11:27

Hello,
We want to install a woodstove in our main room that makes 40 m2 (to lighten our electricity bill, it will be a backup heater); this room is open on a staircase that goes up two floors. Everyone advises us not to go beyond 8 KW. We have a constraint on the measurements of the stove because it has to fit a little bit into our existing open fireplace to avoid taking up too much space in the room.
We have "selected" several stoves, but do not know how to compare them and therefore choose.
It's about :
- the Monaco model from Franco Belge: Power 8,5 KW, all cast iron stove, heating volume 320 m3, fireplace in vermicuite, clean glass system, double combustion, burns wood as well as other fuels (?), keeps a long time after the extinction of the fire, 90 Kg, 900 euros.
- Godin Regency model: 6 power, 5 Kw, 150 heating volume to 400 m3, manual regulation, external cast iron / steel body cladding, double combustion, long-lasting fire, green flame, 150 Kg, approx. 800 euros.
- the SUPRA 3350 HF model: all cast iron stove, nominal power 8000 W, maximum power 16000 W, heating volume 320 m3, double combustion, long-life fire, clean glass system, green flame, class E, 150 Kg, 520 euros.
We look forward to your advice.
0 x
Ally
nightrow
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nightrow » 10/02/08, 12:35

From my modest experience, a stove is chosen with the following criteria:
- heating power (you already seem to know what you want)
- Presence or not of a window to see the flames (very requested in France but can harm the yield)
- Efficiency of the said stove (the higher it is, the lower the consumption of wood is the same heating power)
- Autonomy (linked to the internal volume) indicating the frequency with which the stove must be recharged
- Slow combustion stove or not (I do not know well on this point)

Hoping to have given you some food for thought :D
0 x
patroche
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

francaco francacoge stove

by patroche » 04/10/08, 15:23

I too have almost the same dilemma between supra colmar 2, godin petit regence and franco belgian monaco.
Finally I think I will buy the Monaco because it is not too big, has a large window and is pretty enough.
But impossible to find it. Dealers in my city do not have it in stock and stores and dealers in the area either.
Do you know how to get it?
Ask directly to the Merville plant in the Pas de Calais ??
If anyone has an idea, thank you for answering me. It's urgent !
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/10/08, 16:06

Hello,
Double combustion is elementary ... see obligatory. :D
Poels with vermiculite:
vermiculite is an insulator, it sends heat back to the fireplace, and to the glass.
So, as soon as this poel is lit, it sends infra red through the glass. At 2.5 meters of the poel, after 3 minutes of heating, we already have the hot dog.
This kind of poel therefore has a rather high internal temperature.
It is better to put hard wood, like oak, or ash, or being, which emit less gas and burn less quickly.
In my poel, I burn fir, and this is not the top, because there is directly fumes due to the fir resin that is overheated at once. But as my tree is free ... I do with it.
You should also know that vermiculite wears easily enough. These are plates to replace all? it depends on the use ...
Mine have 5 years, and wear is noticeable.
If a poel can cook a little, it's even better.
Cast iron is a heat accumulator, which means that when the wood is burned, the stove continues to heat the room ... which is very useful ...
8kw or 13 kw? must see if you want to heat the upper rooms ...
Detail of importance: the size of the logs:
30 cm logs cost more than 50Cm logs; think about it :D (more work at the cut)
Well, if it could help a little ...
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
patroche
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by patroche » 04/10/08, 20:01

oh if you have to replace the vermiculite plates, the Monaco would not really be a good choice !?
thank you in any case for this info
and if not what is the cost of replacing these vermiculite plates?
can we replace them?
Where do you find this kind of product?
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/10/08, 20:03

patrick wrote:oh if you have to replace the vermiculite plates, the Monaco would not really be a good choice !?
thank you in any case for this info
and if not what is the cost of replacing these vermiculite plates?
can we replace them?
Where do you find this kind of product?

It is important to ask these questions to the seller. :?
0 x
clarilau
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by clarilau » 04/10/08, 23:00

Then I can answer you, knowing that I am a poser of wood stoves. : Idea:

So already I do not recommend any brands like godin supra ... that sea ... a yield less than 70% which is really not terrible, and in addition you will always have a bad combustion, so the black glass and more polution. : Cry:

Otherwise I advise brands from northern Europe like: hase, scan ... which runs with a return of more than 80% : Cheesy:

Already I am going to advise you a small hearth, because the German ones prove that with logs of 25 cm one provided an economy.

I do not know how is your house, but you will probably feel surprised by the quality of heating, because with a 7KW you can easily heat 100M2 so especially does not take more powerful.

If you have other questions, do not hesitate
0 x
clarilau
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by clarilau » 04/10/08, 23:12

have : Mrgreen:
the vermiculite plates do not cost expensive and can last very long, it is not for that what are broken that it is necessary to change them automatically.

If you have a good after sales service, you will have the detailed plate or the complete game that will be easy for you to change.
But above all do not make your choice on that.

Stop talking about a big home that serves strictly nothing, except to consume wood.
On small logs we get to get the best performance when on a large log it can be seen that the flame does not take its entire length, so we opts for poor combustion.

I would end by saying that we still have our money
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/10/08, 00:17

clarilau, as PRO, what do you think about TURBO DEOM? In my opinion the performance is not great but ... it's very little ash so?

We have a mini boiler deom (the stoves are strictly identical) which is the assembly:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/auto-insta ... t6030.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/chaudiere- ... t4589.html

0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/10/08, 05:37

If you have a good after sales service, you will have the detailed plate or the complete game that will be easy for you to change.
But above all do not make your choice on that.

Exactly so!
My salesman told me, ho !, the vermiculite plates, no problems, you find that everywhere! I've never seen, in addition, to change them, I wonder how to do.
So after-sales service is important for vermiculite plates.
The power of the stove ... to do with the insulation of the house too.
Personally, I am jealous of my brother who can put 50 cm logs, so he has less work when he cuts his wood.
Question to the seller of poel; what kind of poel should you buy, to burn fir?
0 x