Validation of Thermo Royal 720 MBS boiler stove diagram on fuel oil boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Kevin 1854
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Validation of Thermo Royal 720 MBS boiler stove diagram on fuel oil boiler

by Kevin 1854 » 15/09/21, 22:56

Hello everyone.
I am new to the forum and I would need your advice for connecting a boiler stove to an oil boiler already in place.
I have studied at length the previous posts on the forum and other to arrive at this diagram below, I would like to know what you think of it to be able to validate it and to attack the works.

I want to keep things as simple as possible without a buffer tank for the moment, with this configuration I hope to be able to run the stove without danger and if necessary use the oil boiler.

The boiler and a small Lamborghini which is in the cellar which heats 3 radiators which are at the same level as this one and 1 radiator which is upstairs just next to the future stove.
The stove and a Thermo Royal 720 from MBS.

I don't know if all the elements are needed (like 1 second Expansion vessel ...) or if something is missing,
I thank you in advance
Without title 2.jpg
Untitled 2.jpg (225.83 KB) Viewed 5482 times
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: validation of the boiler cooker diagram on the fuel oil boiler

by phil59 » 16/09/21, 15:32

On the stove, I strongly recommend a safety valve, which means that in the event of overheating, it empties the water from the circuit, and replaces it with cold water.

This one served me once, with a failure of juice, and the circulator stopped .... Now, the circulator is connected to an inverter, and can last a few hours ...

With so little radiator, without a balloon, it could be hard.

My boiling stove only gives 7.5 kW to the water, and the heat must be evacuated ...

Also provide a good diameter of pipe.

I also put a vase for the stove.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Kevin 1854
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: validation of the boiler cooker diagram on the fuel oil boiler

by Kevin 1854 » 16/09/21, 16:11

Thank you for the quick answer, if I put on the diagram a thermal safety valve just at the hot outlet of the stove, the symbol is not great I grant you :D
Do you think that without a buffer tank I will have a hard time heating the house?

And as far as the inverter is concerned, I find it difficult to understand how it manages to take over in the event of an EDF cut, this is done automatically from the moment the juice no longer arrives or there is a manipulation to be done manually? I like the system well since I already have in my possession a GEL 100aH battery and a 12v / 220v converter that I bought with an autonomous solar kit and apparently inverter and converter, it's the same thing, isn't it?
But I don't know if in the event of a cut my converter will detect it so that it can take over and run the famous pump.
Otherwise the main thing is that my circuit seems to work, I would not fail to put a good diameter in the pipe as you recommend, thank you.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Validation of Thermo Royal 720 MBS boiler stove diagram on fuel oil boiler

by phil59 » 16/09/21, 21:33

Emptying is good, but you still have to fill with water!

A boiler "machine" cannot run without water.

Head, I would say that the valve is about 70 €, it empties in case of overheating, and puts water from the network at the same time.

An old inverter from a computer, with hs battery, you will find at 10-20 € .... I put on it a dead car battery, not ideal, because it is not designed for that, but it has been holding for 3 years. The inverter is connected to the mains, and draws on the battery if there is no network.

A simple solar inverter only produces, for safety reasons, if the grid is ok, otherwise production stops.

There are hybrid inverters, which do both, but it disconnects from the mains, if no juice, and only supplies your "house".

In your case, I think what you have is for what is called for isolated site, without mains network.

My 500L balloon, I found it from OCCAZ at 100 €, well ...
Account about 250 € for 2-300L, priced on LBC.

You have to think, that my stove, for example giving for 7.5, can very well give 10-12 kW for a little while, and you cannot shut down, as long as it burns, it burns ...

I didn't look at your diagram more than that, I didn't have time ...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Validation of Thermo Royal 720 MBS boiler stove diagram on fuel oil boiler

by dede2002 » 21/09/21, 12:28

Hi Kevin,

It is pretty your drawing!

-Why is there no v3v at the boiler outlet? what regulation do you have?

-The v3v output from the stove should be a "thermovar", to keep the boiler in temperature and send the surplus to the radiators, which will heat thoroughly and store the heat in the house. It will be necessary to turn off the boiler manually with this assembly.

-The second expansion vessel is optional, since there is only one circuit, but it is necessary to dimension in relation to the increase in the volume of water, and to connect on the cold side.

-You could heat some dry water with the excess heat from the boiler.

A+
0 x