Understand the price gap on thermostatic faucets?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/10/13, 16:10

it's a big advantage to have a mains supply

having a lot of batteries to change and a big waste ... putting NiMh batteries does not solve the problem: big self-discharge and need to recharge often ... and fairly short lifespan

a mains supply makes it possible to make more solid material: a battery requires a very delicate electric motor to have a consumption low enough not to empty the battery too quickly

it is already good that there is a certain standardization between the tap part and the thermostat part: it allows to replace the classic thermostat, by this electronic thermostat with battery ... it should allow to make an electronic thermostat sector, and remote temperature probe
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 21/10/13, 20:27

It is especially a big advantage to use a thermostatic valve which works WITHOUT electricity if that is not justified.
No battery, no mains line to draw, no current consumption and no risk of electrical failure.

No need for a wireless remote probe, a remote probe of 1,50m to measure the temperature about 1,20m from the ground is enough:
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Electrical system with peltier

by fabio.gel » 21/10/13, 20:41

One could imagine a small Peltier that heats in the presence of the radiator and electrically dimension the device so that it is not sufficient by itself ...

: Idea:
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 21/10/13, 20:50

False Good Idea (FBI): :?

Well no, because when the radiator cools, no more pellet effect, the thermostat finds itself in power failure, or else it is necessary to provide an accumulator, a charger and oversize everything to compensate for losses at each step. .

In short a very expensive gas plant and not at all eco-friendly while it works as well for a few Euros and without electricity ...
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Crenals for the peltier

by fabio.gel » 21/10/13, 20:59

I do not know what is the temperature variation on the radiator between each heating period to maintain the temperature in a room?
I don't know what is the temperature window for the Peltier?
One thing is sure when the heating is on we take it for 6 months in a row ... : Cry:
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/10/13, 21:22

Did67, you write:
And for my birthday, at 60, I thought I could afford the luxury of a pair of this brand that bears the name of the devil, made in France ...

Like you, I gave up Satan, his works but not his pomp! :P

It is sometimes difficult to differentiate (before use) between quality products and reputable brands which have decreased in quality but kept their prices high; nor is it the manufacturers' interest to make things clear ...

There is also the case of these manufacturers of known brands who produce part of their range with good construction rigor and who supplement downwards with imported products and very poor workmanship ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

Re: Understanding the price gap on thermostatic faucets?

by Christophe » 17/01/19, 09:21

Personal experience of the week on "cheap" taps: plumbing-and-health / disassembly-tap-discount-Chinese-flu-dismantled-vs-Grohe-kiwa-t15920.html

Now I know why! : Cheesy:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 17/01/19, 13:55

When a thermostatic valve is seized, in general at the beginning of the heating period, it is most often necessary to unblock the cable gland rod from the valve body with a small pliers without damaging it.

It happens that it leaks after that ... in this case it is enough to change only this cable gland.

Part 10 on the exploded
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/01/19, 15:02

Regarding the thermostatic valve heads which are mounted on the central heating radiators, a good precaution consists in leaving them fully open when we reach the end of the heating period: thus avoiding seizing of the needle rod in her home since she went out to the maximum.
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

Re:

by Christophe » 17/01/19, 15:07

Ahmed wrote:There is also the case of these manufacturers of known brands who produce part of their range with good construction rigor and who supplement downwards with imported products and very poor workmanship ...

You could have said the same thing here: plumbing-and-health / disassembly-tap-discount-Chinese-flu-dismantled-vs-Grohe-kiwa-t15920.html

By the way did you see my answer this morning on the non-linearity quality / price? (your explanation above completes it)
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."