Heat Insulation Tip for rent

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
slipper
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Heat Insulation Tip for rent

by slipper » 24/04/07, 18:59

Hello,
I am the tenant of an apartment which has 3 windows on one side and 1 on the other, the 3 windows overlooking a square with paving stones therefore which absorb a lot of heat ... in short the temperature rises, given the temperature worrying that we have for an April 24, I fear the worst ...
The 3 windows on the square have shutters (wooden but very thin), the other name ...

I really need advice on how to prevent the temperature from going up ... (e.g. in the morning I manage to bring down at 17 and 2 pm after I am already at 20, all windows closed ...)
I can't find anything on the Internet, can you help me (removable stuff to stick on windows, on shutters ...?)

THANK YOU !!!!!! :?
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 24/04/07, 19:16

well with me it is 21:18 pm everything is open and it is 29 °; and I'm not nervous pooping
20 ° it is not death; live naked and buy a pack of cold beers. : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
slipper
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by slipper » 24/04/07, 19:26

I didn't expect to have that kind of response on this forum...
Living naked is already done for your information, but I anticipate the summer and I fear the heat (violent head words ...), sorry, so I need advice ...
0 x
zac

by zac » 24/04/07, 19:44

resalut

ventilate well and put on thick curtains; but you're going to live like bats.

hydrate yourself well and you will see the heat we get used to.

I live in a shit shack in the tropics in summer it is 43/45 ° in my room at 2 am; just drink a lot (too bad if the mattress is soaked the next day).
if you sweat more is that you are in the dehydration phase, the heat exchange does not do your head words must be due to that (or a layer too tight, see with your baby) : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/04/07, 20:45

babouche wrote:I didn't expect to have that kind of response on this forum...

Well, it's all spit Zac ... We're not all like him, are we? : Cheesy:

babouche wrote:Living naked is already done for your information, but I anticipate the summer and I fear the heat (violent head words ...), sorry, so I need advice ...

Above all, do not buy an air conditioner, this only displaces the problem and will increase your electricity consumption.

Maybe a fogger could help ... look at this topic:

Manufacturing of homemade air conditioning
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/04/07, 21:00

if you were at home, I would recommend awnings which have the advantage of stopping the rays of the sleil, well before the windows.

in troubleshooting I will place sheets of expanded polystyrene covered with aluminum foil to outdoors windows to stop said rays.

thick draperies, that's good, but already much too late after the greenhouse effect of the windows

do not delay too much pcq what "kills" is the heating of the walls, a real internal radiator in the middle of summer, they need several days to cool down

that said, zac is not wrong, it all depends on who you are :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 25/04/07, 06:36

indoor gardening stores (indoorgardens in particular) sell mynar to make culture cupboards ... the polystyrene solution covered with mylar or aluminum foil is a very very good solution.

good luck, I sympathize.

PS for zac: I don't know where babouche is, but in Paris, the 26 ° turns immediately to 28 °, and we don't breathe. it's not tropical heat, it's much worse. we also have a rather disturbing pollution, and we can not live naked .... the chickens do not want.
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
slipper
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by slipper » 25/04/07, 07:52

Thank you so much,!!!!
I'm going to try this today, I hope to find polystyrene at M.Bricolage ... and I'm far from wanting to put air conditioning, as a convinced econologist!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/04/07, 20:18

for fixing:

wooden frame: small pegs and wire (plasticized)

PVC and aluminum chassis: there are self-adhesive cable ties (Legrand) which should be able to do the job without making holes
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/04/07, 21:46

and while we're at it, to stick the aluminum on the polystirene:

either wallpaper glue,
either carpenter's white glue,
either special glue for polystyrene

all other adhesives attack polystirene
0 x