Wood ... transparent to replace glass (and walls?)?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Re: Wood ... transparent to replace glass (and walls?)?

by Christophe » 06/10/20, 20:21

Flytox wrote:This product is said to be more durable than glass ...... glass lasts for hundreds of years ...... how can they give such an estimate ????

I plead the translation error ... It is sustainable in the "green" sense (sustainable and non durability) and not "physical" ...

But how can we say that something that costs 500 to 1000 x more expensive per m2 is green ??? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Since the price of a single glass is a few € per m2 ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/10/20, 20:22

Flytox wrote:Hoping that it is more efficient / durable than the polycarbonate automotive optics which just become translucent after a while in the sun, and which do not pass the Technical Control .....: Mrgreen:

I have the same concerns, I got fed up so I had a polishing done by a professional ... impeccable result ... cost 30 € I think ...

I had bought a philips kit 30 € also (supposedly one of the best) ... for a much worse results and I had spent the afternoon there !!
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 06/10/20, 22:31

What about energy cost and recyclability compared to glass?
And indeed, UV resistance is also an important concern.
If it's more energy-intensive to manufacture it from start to finish, not recyclable and it does not hold UV rays, it's just a hyped thing on a greenwashing background, at best an alternative to plexiglass.

For car headlights, they must also be varnished after polishing them for a good result.
0 x