The rentabilisable photovoltaic system?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
sylvainenr
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

The rentabilisable photovoltaic system?

by sylvainenr » 20/11/14, 15:06

Can a photovoltaic installation still be profitable?

The subject is raised here to deal with some strictly technical and economic issues for future buyers, who today are lost in well-known artistic blurs.

I have already submitted an article on the more "self-consumption" orientation of the photovoltaic application. Many have commented and participated in deepening this subject. This time I would like to go into more detail in the really concrete and mathematical applications, namely how to improve the profitability of a power plant (PV), at the scale of a house or the needs of a family.

The idea is to present here a concrete example of a combined installation, with the best possible return / price ratio, because depreciation is the key point, from the portfolio point of view, if we consider that reducing its energy bill is one of the primary goals of this solar approach.

The consumption is certainly not limited to photovoltaics alone. Many technical fields such as solar thermal heating enable a form of self-production or consumption. It is the synergy of several systems that effectively achieves a greater energy independence. Even if it is not total and absolute, it is always better than nothing in terms of independent production.

So yes or no, can a photovoltaic system quickly become profitable?

There are indeed practical solutions to hope for a higher economy than that targeted by a photovoltaic plant, by coupling it to other technologies or devices, such as smart boxes redistributing overproduction to household appliances.

This is to demonstrate that we can leverage energy conservation developed by the immediate production of a central, connecting a thermodynamic system itself distributor of heat during production hours.

Here is an example:

- How to leverage energy conservation developed by the production, by connecting a thermodynamic system itself heat distributor?

In theory, photovoltaic power 1500W can only produce at 2100 2200 annual kWh on an average of 1500 hours of sunshine.

But in practice, taking advantage of solar power 1500W in real time, you can enjoy 7000 kWh of energy consumption.

explanation:

Study conducted on a house consuming 13300 kWh. (Annual invoice € 1530)

The greediest posts of the house, whose consumption is virtually incompressible are:

Post-intensive
Equipment / Numbers / annual consumption in kWh

250W fridge / 1 / 730
800W American fridge / 1 / 2300
Freezer 350W / 1 / 1000
Cumulus / 1 / 4380
washer / 1 / 450
Dishwasher / 1 / 910
TOTAL 9770

Household appliances operating continuously:

-Frigos, Freezers, cumulus 8 to 10h / day.

Household appliances with high consumption, often running or every day:

-Washing Machine and dishwasher (table only calculates their consumption needed to heat water), and air conditioning.

annual kWh difficult diminuable: 9770 kWh on 13300kWh

recommended energy installation:

- 6 PV array of 250W photovoltaic modules each = 1500W of power.

- One heat pump 300L (400W Power) connected to the hot water in the house.

+ Box mixer hot water distribution the ball to the washing machine and dishwasher.

Suggested Applications:

- The PV Central 1500W product (south of France) 2100 kWh / year for a calculation of production 1500 h (average sunshine).

Count on this one economy to 13300 kWh of annual needs, would be insufficient report.

Now, installing a thermodynamic balloon electric 300L, operating during daylight hours, we just save the 4380 kWh annual consumption TOTALS (minimum for a family of 4 people) Its power 400W being largely fueled by 1500W PV panels. 4h30 Heating time ...

Recall that one heat pump uses the ambient air calories to heat the water without use of dry strength, with a simple-to-heat pump integrated in separate piece or group ..

Raccordons now the washing machine and dishwasher, with the mixer housing, powering these machines in hot water produced by the thermo tank. these devices will not have to use their dry resistance to heat water, being supplied directly by the ball.

In 8 h of sunshine, you have time to heat 300L of sanitary water accumulated in the Thermo Ball (4h30 on average), to turn your washing machines / dishwashers.

Economy performed by producing 1500W PV power supply:

A) - Ballon thermo 400W required for its operation (-4380 kWh / year) over cumulus. thermoelectric ball 400W powered by the sun (PV).
B) - Washing machine + dishwasher 250W for their simple operation (-1360 kWh / year) free hot water produced by the ball, electrically powered by the sun.
C) - 1000W power available to power in a more air conditioning, TV, Ordis, or all remaining vigils. (-1400 KWh / year) saving on air-conditioning, TV, Ordis, various watches.

ANNUAL SAVINGS MADE: 7140 kWh

Conclusion:

Photovoltaic power 1500W 7000 can generate more kWh annual savings.

How? directing the operation of appliances to daylight hours and therefore of production, themselves supplied with hot water by one heat pump, which heats it in turn for sunshine, consuming more daily hours of electricity FREE .

On 13300 kWh / year of energy requirements representing € 1530 in 2014, 7140 can be saved kWh / year almost half of the invoice, by combining photovoltaic and Ballon Thermodynamics.

Sylvain enr.
http://www.awesfrance.fr/autoconso66/ : Arrowl:
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 20/11/14, 15:34

If it is to obtain hot water or heating, he seems even more profitable to place thermal panels instead photovoltaic coupled with thermodynamic machines.

The amount of kWh obtained is similar and much lower investment :?:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 20/11/14, 22:39

everything depends on what power is installed ... if we put a low power like 50W we are sure to consume its own production, so real economy without installation costs special meter: it's small wins but it's easy

ecologically it would be more logical for everyone to have 50watt crest without any need for subsidy, rather than some privileged subsidized to have 3000watt crest

an inverter to 50 or 100W costs of clopinette, just like the power box with multiple electronic gadget that was already

then we could optimize: put inteligent thermostat in the freezer and refrigerator to turn preferably when it's sunny ... to start washing machine at the right time

for the washing machine there was a progress in reverse! with the old machine could cut their power without calling the programe to zero! it was enough to simply relay to cut ralumer and when there is enough sunlight ... with the current machine has electronic programateur if we cut it no longer are restarted

there is also need another progress! the main ! that EDF is obliged to buy the power produced no charge wacky as is currently

just buy a reasonable price for everyone ... in contrast to the current situation or EDF bought a subsidized price too elevé by all Customer Review, and limiting access to this privilege by ridiculous instalation costs

basically it subsidized tariff system benefits the trick INSTALLER unnecessarily expensive
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/11/14, 18:51

In fact, this is a false problem.

Do we really know?

1) the KWh is sold much more expensive than its price

2) given that the panels leave the factory within 1,5 € / KW peak .....
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 22/11/14, 12:17

elephant wrote:In fact, this is a false problem.
Do we really know?

1) the KWh is sold much more expensive than its price

2) given that the panels leave the factory within 1,5 € / KW peak .....
1 / It seems logical that a private company makes profits ... We can not imagine EDF sell at a loss ...

2 / 1.5 € / kWp, it would mean that a panel comes out 1kWc factory has repaid its manufacturing price 10 hours (kWh € 0.15 10 hours TTC *) ... : Shock:

You can correct me if I'm wrong. :?:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/11/14, 16:25

- A freezer consumes 350 1000 W kwh / year? My fridge / freezer has the same power and consumes 288 kwh / year (measured).
- A cumulus: 4380 kwh / year? 200 the mine uses about 1 kwh / day and 3 365 users kwh / year. The washing machine and the dishwasher, it's more than that.

We can not get realistic results with false : Shock:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 22/11/14, 21:01

izentrop wrote:- A freezer consumes 350 1000 W kwh / year? My fridge / freezer has the same power and consumes 288 kwh / year (measured).
- A cumulus: 4380 kwh / year? 200 the mine uses about 1 kwh / day and 3 365 users kwh / year. The washing machine and the dishwasher, it's more than that.

We can not get realistic results with false : Shock:
Absolutely, the figures mentioned are not at all realistic. : Shock:
We are on econology, and many of us have purchased and used consommètres ...
My freezer does not consume more 300kWh / year
I do not have electric water heater but it is accepted that the average power consumption is 1000kWh per person ...

Anyway, propose to consume a photovoltaic generation in a thermodynamic water heater is a heresy then it is simpler, cheaper and more efficient to do with CESI ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/11/14, 09:54

or have you seen a photovoltaic 1,5euro / kwcrete ????

is 1,5 euro / Wcrete ... so it is rather depreciated in 10000 hour

10000 / 24 416 day =

then we must consider the time or it's sunny ... the power of the sun which is far from always the maximum ... reele price that is alas often more than 1,5euro / Wp prices ... the rest of the instalation

I often find a damping 8ans both for a small instalation for autoconsomation that for a big insatlation for sale at subsidized rates has edf

the subsidized rate is conpensé by neccessité to install a pro too expensive material

a small 100Wc panel autoconsomation makes small wins, but pays off as quickly because it is the minimum price without incidentals
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/11/14, 10:25

citro wrote:
We can not get realistic results with false: shock
Absolutely, the figures mentioned are not at all realistic.

Anyway, propose to consume a photovoltaic generation in a thermodynamic water heater is a heresy then it is simpler, cheaper and more efficient to do with CESI ...

Totally agree. We "still" consume 2 kWh per year, all inclusive: washing machine, dishwasher, heating circulators, solar water heater circulator, boiler, freezer (700 years old!), Refrigerator, balirage and all the usual jumble ( TV - 50 - computers - 2 -, music ... kitchen robotics ...)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/11/14, 10:36

chatelot16 wrote:
I often find a damping 8ans both for a small instalation for autoconsomation that for a big insatlation for sale at subsidized rates has edf

the subsidized rate is conpensé by neccessité to install a pro too expensive material

a small 100Wc panel autoconsomation makes small wins, but pays off as quickly because it is the minimum price without incidentals

Or even 12 years ...

In both cases, it remains "profitable" if we start over 20 years of operation ... It is no longer "to make gold balls", as was the case at the top of the bubble
0 x