Super geothermal by heatpipe without compressor?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Super geothermal by heatpipe without compressor?

by Christophe » 23/05/09, 10:23

My "plumber" told me about a very innovative geothermal system currently under test which consists of burying several heatpipe (or heat pipes in French in the text) of several meters vertically in the earth. A heat pipe is a pipe containing a heat transfer fluid which may or may not undergo a phase change during the cycle: widely used in PC cooling for several years.

It would therefore be a kind of "super heat pump" and a simple circulator would be enough to heat an entire house (according to my plumber)! Since the phase change would be "automatic" and carried out at low temperature in the heatpipes.

Here is a little explanation on the heat pipes: http://www.thermoguide.co.il/Heat_pipes.html

Or in French on wikipedia: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caloduc

Certain solar vacuum tubes (the top of the top especially on the price side) already use heat pipes, this is the case at viessmann for example: https://www.econologie.com/panneaux-sola ... -3679.html

All this to say that I did not understand or remember the brand that is testing this, so has this kk1 ever heard of it? Otherwise I can ask him to write it to me! : Mrgreen:

If not opinions? It may be expensive but when we see the price of a "turning" garden to install a conventional heat pump network ...

ps: the problem is that the Belgian accent in the Ardennes is nonsense! You know how they pronounce weishaupt? I do it for you in phonetics: waisscccheuuupt : Shock:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 23/05/09, 10:44

Hi Christophe,

it looks like a big fridge with heat exchange and adiabatic expansion / compression.

The "circulator" very probably also has a role of compressor.

The regulator should also probably work with rolling, (not top for the output, but simple).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/05/09, 10:50

Remundo: you just reinvented the heat pump!

In this case, it is not the same thing since the "primary" heat transfer fluid, that is to say that of the heat pipes, would not be in "mechanical contact" (different pressures) with the secondary fluid (water of the hydraulic circuit ) which would be a classic heating circuit ... Exactly like a solar panel with heat pipes if you want ...

There would only be a heat exchange. I have to have the exact name of the company developing the thing because it risks making a big box if it works ... and if it is sold at a "correct" price ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 23/05/09, 11:10

if there is no mechanical compression work, it can only homogenize the temperatures ... then in winter, it is better to live above the geothermal source : Cheesy:

jawohl Weishaupt :?:
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 23/05/09, 12:27

Hello,

It's a very good idea but I see a big catch:
The heat pipe must operate at low temperature (between 10 and 15 ° C)
Anyway it will be necessary behind a heat pump to raise the temperature at least around 30 35 ° C.
So this avoids crouting the garden, we only make vertical holes of three to four meters minimum.
What about the price of the system ?? And pay attention to the surface obliterated by the system ......

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
MISMAC
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by MISMAC » 23/05/09, 15:11

Hello, I'm new to this forum, you will excuse my inexperience in the field of solar at home, I am just starting, with some ideas

However, I work in the space sector, for satellites, and as such we manufacture heat pipes. I do not know the heat transfer fluid proposed in your case, for us it is necessarily something else. Each fluid has its minimum and maximum temperature, making it possible to operate the heat pipe or not in case of overflow. All I know is that in our case the speed of transferring calories is increased by a coefficient of 200 times more compared to the same metal bar but full. I have no information compared to a traditional solar panel, and I would rather be curious to know?

in any case long live the sun and good luck to all for your projects
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 21/11/10, 15:26

Hello everyone

The heat pipe was used on air treatment plants to recover energy between the supply of fresh air and the exhausted exhaust air, the efficiency was around 50%

it was the first double flux power plants
They have been replaced by the compact counter-current exchangers that we know with 90% efficiency.

Now, to recover the calories from the soil (12/15 ° C) it is indeed necessary to modify the pressure of the fluid to condense at higher temperature

and without compressor, I don't know how to do it

On the other hand, the conduction of the soil being limited, you should know that today we recover around 5KW of exchange on a 100m borehole

In short, where is the innovation in this process?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/11/10, 17:00

the classic heat pipe must contain a fluid like a heat pump but works in the particular case where the hot source is hotter than the thing to be heated: the circulation of gas and steam can therefore be done naturally without pump or compressor

if your soil is at 12 ° C it will be good to heat your house at 5 ° C ... blah

if you have to cheat on the pressures, we reinvent the heat pump

and the calculation has already been done for heat pumps, it is expensive to fill the entire circuit with refrigerant, we prefer to circulate water and separate the functions

the idea of ​​the heat pipe does not change the dimension of the holes that must be made for sufficient thermal contact with the ground
0 x