Wood pellet stove and operating sound level

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
mariepoussin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Wood pellet stove and operating sound level

by mariepoussin » 14/01/16, 17:08

Thank you for your feedback! So I give up the idea of ​​the thermal study that costs 545 euros and that will always be questionable according to your words ...
For the noise, the installer had guaranteed us a silent stove. The thermorossi instructions specify 38 dB. The thing is that the 38 db are followed by an asterisk which refers to the end of the record and at the very bottom: 38 dB minimum!
Which is the case. 38 dB min measured by the expert.
The Max is obviously not specified ... (63 dB measured by the expert)

Edit moderation: topic divided since stove-a-granule-hydraulic-oversized-in-law-t14442.html
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/01/16, 17:38

It's really not elegant. Here is the scam. But we only curl! The client has been informed, it is supposed to have read the asterisk.

At this price, they could have put 0. With an asterisk: "As long as the stove is in its original packaging and not yet installed"!

Nowadays, it is unfortunately like that, trade.

The insurance gives you a guide of 53 pages, and you would have to know what was written in very small, at the bottom of the page! You thought you were insured, but no, since the lock does not meet that standard specified by asterisk, you were not. But that, we do not tell you when you subscribe, or when you pay. Only the day you were stolen!

Sorry, you made yourself "screwed" in all beauty!

I have not stopped writing, for years, that it was necessary, before buying, go see a stove in operation in a quiet place (not on a fair!).
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 14/01/16, 17:50

63db is roughly the sound of a "silent" vacuum cleaner.

My insert must be able to arrive at this sound level when it runs at full speed at the edge of the fireplace ... It happened to me once, it made a noise of reactor / torch.

Where does this noise come from?
Compressor, combustion, air suction, vibration amplified by bad wedging and the nature of the soil, vibration of the carcass?

Does your boiler seem to be running in ON / OFF mode?
I do not exactly understand how the installation is done, but I guess it is possible to change the setting to have climbs less violent with perhaps a worse performance, but a much lower noise?

Some talk of adding a buffer, I suppose the device already has one even if it is probably reduced?

SixK
0 x
Optimists invented airplanes, parachutes pessimistic. George Bernard Shaw.
Thought personal, I understand better why the big bosses invented the golden parachute.
mariepoussin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by mariepoussin » 14/01/16, 18:46

And where it is very vicious, it is that the 38 dB are measured between two worm rotations!
The worm in action adds a dozen decibels! Even at idle at minimum power.
The stove automatically modulates between 5 power levels according to the return water temperature.

If not another question, if I add all the power of our radiators we come to 9700 w.
Is this consistent with our stove that modulates between 3,8 and 11,6 kw has water?
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 15/01/16, 18:33

Have you tried to contact the manufacturer to discuss your problem and see if they can help?
They may have developed new parts that alleviate the problem or maybe they will tell you there is a problem?

SixK
0 x
Optimists invented airplanes, parachutes pessimistic. George Bernard Shaw.

Thought personal, I understand better why the big bosses invented the golden parachute.
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fabio.gel » 17/01/16, 09:02

I had a pellet stove (ravelli).
I had a problem on the worm reducer motorcycle, there was a flaw though it worked but, it was very noisy.
I spent it under warranty and since total silence.

Fabio
1 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Wood pellet stove and sound level of operation

by Philippe Schutt » 03/07/16, 11:22

Well, I installed a Thermorossi and I had a big noise problem, due to an excessive draft. Huge snoring, violent, it seemed like he was going to take off! After trying all legal and less legal solutions on the duct itself, I had to reduce the size of the air intake of the stove, down to half! If it can help ...
0 x