Stove with air exchanger homemade chimney

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Pascalou
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pascalou » 29/01/14, 06:50

I placed a 100mm pipe of 0,8mm and 2 m copper diameter in the flue pipe (smoked passage still sufficient, equivalent to a passage of a diameter 120mm pipe)
Ps: 1,8m of pipe are in the duct (exchange surface of approximately 0,5m²)

result: test with a new fan 100m3 / h with heat exchanger without elbow (fan and copper pipe 100mm / 2m)

Delta T. after 30mn of heating: 65 ° C
Delta T. after 40mn of heating (powerful fire): 80 ° C
Delta T regulated fire: 65 ° C
Rated power: 2,2 Kw (1kw with small fire, 3kw with big fire)

Problem observed: when heating the other room, (kitchen separated from the fireplace of approximately 12m2 or 45m3) the hot air remained on the ceiling and the temperature at human height was not sufficiently heated (during test: 22 ° on the ceiling, 15 ° at 80cm from the ground) The solution is to increase (by two?) the air flow to allow sufficient mixing, ie at least 180m3 / h. In addition, a more important air circulation will be able to give a superior performance since the smoke / air Delta T is further increased.

The second problem was a slightly reduced draft of the hearth, therefore difficulties in lighting the fire: solution: use 180mm diam. (Bigger pipe for the exchanger. In addition it would be interesting to install an air flow regulation.
Note also that the fireplace flames have sometimes licked the copper tube, this did not necessarily damage it but leaves traces, what would be the reaction of the long-thermal pipe? It is best to ensure that the flames do not touch the copper pipe. What do you think?

Advantage of installation:
2kW recovered (which would normally be lost!)
Can be directed to rooms away from home.
quickly removable and easy to build.
Reliability and durability (yet to test!)

Disadvantage:
aesthetical
consumption and fan noise.
"Recycled" dust (it would be interesting to put a dust filter!)
0 x
The energy is unlimited, it is not a problem, man is the problem!
https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partag ... xfBlcC.doc
Pascalou
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pascalou » 29/01/14, 06:53

Ps: I was inspired by the pantone reactor :)
0 x

tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by tigrou_838 » 29/01/14, 09:04

hello, the idea is not bad, now would be worth optimizing, and especially control the smoke outlet temperatures to not over cool them, otherwise pay attention to the formation of bistre which then flows along the pipe.
if I remember correctly, the smoke should not fall below 60 / 65degrés, otherwise fouling of the chimney with bistre.

to standardize the temperatures in a room with a wood stove heater, nothing beats a good old ceiling fan at minimum speed.
0 x
Pascalou
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pascalou » 29/01/14, 15:39

In fact it's an old stove, more than half of the energy goes in the conduit, so it's fine. It is true that with a recent stove and obtimized, it is more subtle, but there ja no need to recover energy. it is not necessary to clear 70 ° at the exit of the chimney otherwise it condenses.
0 x

PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 29/01/14, 21:32

Hello
Only from the point of view heat exchange, it would be preferable to circulate the air against the direction of the smoke. All exchangers operate against fluidic sense. Otherwise the idea of ​​the pantone on the conduit had crossed my mind but to improve the combustion of the gas boiler. It must be a beautiful head prose : Lol:
0 x
Pascalou
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pascalou » 30/01/14, 07:09

I also thought to build it on a boiler, do you think it can change something on gas? the gas boiler has already 92% yield. For a boiler oil there is sure it's very good, but the gas I do not pence, where do you want to find the energy if only the remaining 8% are lost and needed for the draw of the boiler ?. As a former plumber, I would like to find the time to tinker with this kind of construction, but on oil boiler or for an old woodstove, where performance can be synonymous increase, my fantasy was to put the output reactor direcemently in a pile, in the combustion, and hope to see the hydrogen burn through the glass :) But hey it might stay a fantasy ...
0 x

PITMIX

by PITMIX » 30/01/14, 07:35

That's why I did not try because I do not have a fuel boiler.
0 x