Multifunction mass stove

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
vincent33
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Multifunction mass stove

by vincent33 » 30/08/11, 18:36

Hello,
I am currently thinking of a self-built mass stove project.
So in fact, for a budget question it will not be a real mass stove, but just a wood stove surrounded by a large thermal mass.
So in the mass of the stove (approx 1,5m * 1,5m of surface) I would like to:
- create a room accessible by a well insulated door, in which there will be a cumulus of recovery of about 150L
- in this recovery tank, I remove the resistance and I replace it with a copper coil (so no need for electricity); I would actually like this balloon to be able to heat the sanitary water thanks to the copper coil which will be supplied on the one hand by a solar thermal panel (flow ensured by a solar pump) and on the other hand by a sensor (like Tickelmann mounting ) close to the wood stove (flow ensured by thermosiphon).
Can you tell me by looking at my block diagram if you think that this system is likely to work? In particular the thermosiphon flow which must go into the balloon and not into the pipes of the solar water heater (for that I put " U "to cut off the thermosiphon flow.

Also in the same mass stove I intend to preheat the air from a Canadian well in winter. The problem is that the pipe should also supply the stove with fresh air (so as not to take the one from the room). This principle poses a problem for me because I would be afraid of a reversal of the flow at the level of the air intake of the stove (that the air from the room of the stove leaves in the rooms); to counter this I thought to put a slightly more powerful fan upstream of the stove compared to that downstream.
the diagrams:

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... HgsLqk.doc

What do you think of the whole? you see prohibitive things there or on paper it would be theoretically possible?
Thank you very much for your contributions!

Vincent.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 30/08/11, 19:42

it's a shame not to make a real mass stove, my wife is German and I often have the opportunity to turn around mass stove, it's really a pleasure and a sacred economy.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!