Stove explosion pellets. Stove explodes!

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
woopit
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by woopit » 28/12/15, 15:23

I just live a blast with my pellet burning stove.

The glass held, but the door moved and firmer ...

Small explosions had taken place without damage. In fact, that's when the fire faltered for lack of pellet, and that all the pellets fall suddenly.
The bin was filled ash without fire and the home is filled with smoke, until the explosion happens at the same time that the flames.

I do not know if this is due to an incorrect setting, or pellets that are blocked in the worm ...
0 x
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 28/12/15, 15:39

It is sufficient that combustion is blocked hot for lack of air in a big pile of pellets for CO exploding violently after !!

Well known and feared by the unfortunate firefighters who have died by opening a door in a simple fire, which blows everything in one big bang !!

This brings back memories of child class, the coal stove was bang half an hour after its start, the point of having a hole !!

Normally the stove manufacturer is responsible and prevent such accidents with controlled arrival of pellets which can be catastrophic if lucky, even one liter of CO gas is a very big boom, as H2 !!
And there may be tens of liters that make fart a house !!
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 28/12/15, 20:28

dedeleco in 2011 wrote:Yes any stove (not that pellets) can make explosions !!

I remember, young class, there are about 50 years, a simple stove, which all winter, after starting a half hour later was a big boom, and class continued without fear! !!

The stove had worn a hole at its base in his burnt metal, which was to help the explosion !!

A poorly designed stove, damaged or improperly installed can explode !!

As in any fire or fire, well known firefighters, unhappy, died sometimes opening a door, it is possible to make CO (combustion lacking oxygen), which explodes when oxygen comes !!
This is one of the main dangers for firefighters, CO this in an ordinary fire !!

They should have added a CO detector ????

: Mrgreen:
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Explosion Pellet Stove. Stove explodes!

by Philippe Schutt » 03/07/16, 11:05

These explosion problems are not over, and even worse!
To improve the appearance of the flame, manufacturers reduce the volume of combustion air and use larger crucibles. Suddenly, the fire in slow motion is more volatile and the risk of fire loss is highest, followed by the scenario described above:
New pellets arrive in the burner with some delay. They thus fall into a hot burner, but with very little or no embers. Suddenly, the pellets do not ignite directly but hot. After a certain time (a few minnutes.), The temperature reached is sufficient to ignite the gases produced. Boom ...

If the passage section of the fumes in the heat exchanger is sufficient, it does no consequence (theoretically;)), but if this section is small and there is no safety valves, the glass may release violently. Some brands start valves, but not necessarily on all their devices.
The phenomenon can also occur in the ignition, manufacturers are beginning to generalize ceramic candles, heating stronger and accelerating the ignition. But if the candle is tired?
Finally I found a stove manufacturer supplying the pellets from the bottom, or as Ökofen Kwb, which fixes the problem because the coals are at the top.
1 x
Niconoclaste
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Niconoclaste » 31/10/17, 09:14

Hello everybody

I have just been the victim of the explosion of the pane of my pellet stove. I say victim because it could have been very serious if we were in the room.
Pieces of glass were planted in a wooden window at 6 meters away.

It was the first start-up, it burned normally, the pellets fell right into the dig. This is an EVACALOR stove model rafaello 12kw. Purchased from a French dealer and installed by an authorized installer, independent of the company where I bought it.

We do not understand the cause, no accumulation of smoke, outdoor air intake connected to the stove etc ... Finally the entire installation is correct.

I contacted the seller, I wait for an answer. I specify that the door of the stove is equipped with two anti explosion systems
2 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 01/11/17, 11:20

I was personally entitled to an explosion in the boiler of my parents ... after swinging two shovels of sawdust on the embers ... When I came a few minutes later with the 3eme shovel and that I opened the door ... braoum ... Macro depilation of eyebrows and cut to the desirless shipping ..
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Flytox

by Flytox » 01/11/17, 22:44

Macro wrote:I was personally entitled to an explosion in the boiler of my parents ... after swinging two shovels of sawdust on the embers ... When I came a few minutes later with the 3eme shovel and that I opened the door ... braoum ... Macro depilation of eyebrows and cut to the desirless shipping ..

No, the Desireless hairstyle is caused by the unfortunate association of flatulence and a turtleneck!
Ok I'm leaving. :|
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 30/03/18, 11:37

Niconoclaste wrote:Hello everybody

I have just been the victim of the explosion of the pane of my pellet stove. I say victim because it could have been very serious if we were in the room.
Pieces of glass were planted in a wooden window at 6 meters away.

It was the first start-up, it burned normally, the pellets fell right into the dig. This is an EVACALOR stove model rafaello 12kw. Purchased from a French dealer and installed by an authorized installer, independent of the company where I bought it.

We do not understand the cause, no accumulation of smoke, outdoor air intake connected to the stove etc ... Finally the entire installation is correct.

I contacted the seller, I wait for an answer. I specify that the door of the stove is equipped with two anti explosion systems

Hello,

New? could a diagnosis of the cause be made?
0 x
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by PVresistif » 30/03/18, 15:59

The pellet can be very dangerous because there is a risk of explosion.
This is due to the fact that it is a solid fuel that is introduced by quantity into the stove and intermittently, so there is a risk that there is a lack of air and therefore release of CO which is extremely explosive; of course with an automatic stove pellet feed is continuous therefore the risk controlled except in case of malfunction .By cons in a wood stove with manual feed if you load too much pellets air inlets on the grid dmse clog completely and it is the inevitable explosion.
In all cases have a good insurance and monitor your system, take a maintenance contract, in a manual stove not intended for pellets I advise to add a perforated sheet on the grid that prevents clogging 100% of the air intake .
From my point of view a solid fuel is in any case dangerous, because the excess of air which ensures the security is not controllable .....
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 30/03/18, 17:08

In the case of Niconoclaste, it is not known that gases have exploded. Maybe a glass defect?
0 x