Does anyone know comblissimo insulation?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Does anyone know comblissimo insulation?

by paotop » 30/08/10, 13:35

Hello, I have an isolation site at a friend's house in September that I had planned in cellulose wadding .......... but I have only 20cm to fill (boxes on brick ceiling suspended )

my supplier of materials advises me comblissimo from isover, good is the glass wool to blow but last generation, non-irritating, no compaction, super cooler, cheaper, better and everything and everything ... ..
........ he wants me to take that from him ...

for this site and compared to the cellulose wadding, I find the interest of the weight (suspended ceiling), no settlement in time (I have only about 20cm available), and three times less bags to trundle for the same surface to isolate.

the phase shift is certainly a little worse than for the wadding but with only 20 or 21 cm of insulation and a floor over ............... no compaction ..... .............. I'm tate!

someone knows?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/10, 13:43

I do not know this particular product but flocculated chemical wools are more expensive than cellulose wadding... see this topic:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/isolation- ... t4709.html

So pay more for chemical while a green material exists at the same performance, for me it is no thank you!

I find the interest of the weight (suspended ceiling), no settlement in time (I have only about 20cm available), and three times less bags to trundle for the same surface to isolate.

What are you basing on this?
0 x
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by paotop » 30/08/10, 13:56

Hi christophe, it's been a long time since I've had time to hang out on forum...

in fact the machinssimo is a "wadding" of glass, it looks like cotton or big snowflakes ..... it is white and light ...
it is delivered in compacted bales and it takes its final shape once decompressed, so for an "R" coef roughly equivalent to cellulose wadding, there is no settlement ........ .and it's lighter.

in thickness 30cm, you need about 60 bag of cellulose wadding to make 100m2, it takes only about 20 with the other ...
that's what I found while searching the net and cooking friends who are in the building ...

it's not rockwool but hey, we'll say it's barbapapa made with sand ... : Mrgreen:

that's it : http://www.isover.fr/doc/catalogue/1260.html

but OK...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/10, 14:12

Ok it's glass wool to flocculate.

And price level what gives what?

The wadding you can consider to floculate it yourself (I did it, see: https://www.econologie.com/forums/isoler-des ... t4708.html ) on the other hand, as it is chemical, surely more protection / equipment?

It's not that I'm looking for you to turn away from the chemical (a little hihihi anyway) but if there is a more econological solution (cheaper and more natural), it should be a (moral) duty to use it ...
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 30/08/10, 16:10

paotop wrote:that's it : http://www.isover.fr/doc/catalogue/1260.html

but OK...

Hello,
from the link above at the bottom of the page:
The bags are delivered on wooden pallet.
P2 mask required, P3 recommended, according to the labor code.

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by paotop » 30/08/10, 16:46

a priori it is soft to the touch and not irritating (it's poseurs who told me)
good, they are mineral fibers so they are required to mark that you must wear protections ...

I personally prefer cellulose wadding but in this particular case .......... I'm tate ...

I have only 20 cm to fill, the cellulose wadding weighs about 4 5kg m2 and is about 10 15% (I think)

the machinssimo, in 20cm weighs only about 2.5kg / m2 and gets very little cup in the temp (very light ...)

I pay the bundle of 17.3 kg about 38 € HT, and with that, I cover about 7 m2 (so a dozen bags for 80m2 that I have to do ...)
besides, I have the snowblower gratos.

for wadding ........... I have to dismount ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/10, 19:19

paotop wrote:a priori it is soft to the touch and not irritating (it's poseurs who told me)

For asbestos too ... the installers said that! : Mrgreen:

paotop wrote:for wadding ........... I have to dismount ...

That's a good point ... :|
0 x
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by paotop » 01/09/10, 14:00

Well, there's no one who has feedback on this product so ... :(

the building site is a house of 50 years that was super well insulated with 2cm vermiculite ..... : Cheesy:
there were vintage doors and windows with integrated ventilation and oil fired central heating, so the driver knew the way by heart to fill the tank ....

the cellulose wadding is very good but it will cost him more expensive, it will be a little war to ask, it's twice as heavy as the comblissimo (and I do not want to lower the ceiling of a floor ..) then there is only 20 / 22cm of dispo and with the settlement ......... the balance leans towards the chemical there no?

the girlfriend does not ride too much on gold, but with a 500 € ticket of gear and half a day of work I am even with this "glass wadding" to make it drinkable insulation (R 4.5 or 5). .... it should do it right?

I've already changed all the door frames, and the VMC double flow is ready to be connected before isolating ............. but there, it arrives at the bottom of the cash drawer so we must aim just.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 01/09/10, 18:25

I did not know it was possible to put glitter, flakes, bulk on the false ceiling?

A slab falls and it is the falls of Zambesia ...

: Mrgreen:
0 x
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by paotop » 01/09/10, 21:25

Eh, it's not a false ceiling, it's a real ............ : Mrgreen:

but hey, it's small bricks of 20 or 25mm hung by wires and with a plaster drawn on it.

I do not want to play ...
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."