Solar home project: heating + electricity

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 08/08/10, 07:53

speedo wrote:3 / My solar electrical installation:
- 3 solar panels 95 w
- South orientation to 35 °
- MPPT 30 A Solar Charge Controller
- Battery AGM 200 amps 12 volts
- 1500 / 3000 Watts Voltage Converter

there is no "edf" in this house, because I had the meter dismantled 6 years ago

Thanks also to citro, for the good method : Cheesy: if i asked this question it is that i have already plugged the holes of the bucket .. :P

I do not understand how you expect to live almost without electricity (so without a refrigerator, TV, computer and so on) because your installation is roughly equivalent to what is found on an average cruise ship, except that the boat there is a lot more battery capacity and a generator ... I know a guy who is energetic autonomy (old isolated mountain farm 10km the first village, never connected to EDF), but he has a big generator, the half of a roof pan in photovoltaic panels (some m² for hot water) and 1 ton of batteries ... and for heating it has a wood stove ...
In addition your house is poorly insulated ("low consumption" that would surprise me with 7cm of insulation, it is impossible!), The least standard house of 20 years ago is better insulated (10cm of insulation and 40cm hollow brick at home) and if you want to be in solar autonomy you need super insulated otherwise it can never work on days without sun, you will need a boiler for heating unless your house is located in the South or Corsica ...
"Disassembled the EDF meter 6 years ago": if I understand correctly you live as in the Middle Ages ... and I suppose without a woman ...
0 x
kistinie
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kistinie » 08/08/10, 10:56

To heat the house, is it not wiser to start with the integration of passive solar solutions, see wall trombe.
Especially if the walls are stone.

Price, reliability, unbeatable performance ...
0 x
----------------------------------------------

Think global act local ...
et
Do good, that is not emmerdée!

-----------------------------------------------
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/08/10, 15:14

speedo is where this summer with his house without EDF ???

oiseautempete writes:
I do not understand how you expect to live almost without electricity (so without a refrigerator, TV, computer and so on)

"Disassembled the EDF meter 6 years ago": if I understand correctly you live as in the Middle Ages ... and I suppose without a woman ...

Our ancestors of more than 100 years managed to live like this, with "woman" because without them and them, to give birth to us, we would not be alive !!
So it is possible and with only a little electricity, saved, with a small battery, wood heating, absorption fridge, better recovery of solar energy on the walls, our life is much better than them!
The kerosene lamp was a great progress !!
0 x