PELLAQUA solar heating 12 m2 struggles to provide DHW in summer

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: PELLAQUA solar heating 12 m2 struggles to provide DHW in summer

by sicetaitsimple » 20/08/20, 10:42

Macro,

there may be sludge, but a priori no limestone, the contents of the balloon not being renewed. Extract from a post above, confirmed by Sylvain.

I don't think so, because if I understood correctly there is an exchanger between solar fluid and "heating" fluid (the 800l), and then an exchange between "heating" fluid and "DHW water" via a coil embedded in the heating fluid tank, coil in which DHW water circulates.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/20, 10:53

Bin you are right to think about it, I would have done the same !!

By cons do not weld! Make a removable bolted joint system ... for in 5, 10, 15 years !! : Cheesy:

The most difficult will be to "twist the cover" to the right curvature since you will no longer be able to use the disc section ...

It's still surprising that okofen has not planned an inspection hatch on this model ... since there are some on other models at home ...

Check this all the same before taking out the grinder ... that would be stupid eh! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/20, 10:57

sicetaitsimple wrote:Macro,

there may be sludge, but a priori no limestone, the contents of the balloon not being renewed. Extract from a post above, confirmed by Sylvain.

I don't think so, because if I understood correctly there is an exchanger between solar fluid and "heating" fluid (the 800l), and then an exchange between "heating" fluid and "DHW water" via a coil embedded in the heating fluid tank, coil in which DHW water circulates.

Ah yes it's true ... we left in all directions given the avalanche of contradictory technical information! : Mrgreen:

So no need to disconnect the ball, just karcherize the inside of the solar exchanger !!

While doing the big cleaning, take the opportunity to put acid / vinegar in the DHW coil ... because it can be clogged from the inside with lime!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/08/20, 11:00

It is reputed to be stainless steel .... The thickness of the sheet will be ridiculous ... Before working on it ... Find yourself the TIG welder who is doing well ... He will be able to realize a stitching with a colorette for standard rotating flange ... It will limit the costs ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
sylvain52220
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by sylvain52220 » 20/08/20, 11:06

Christophe wrote:
sylvain52220 wrote:we read below the cursor, right?
do we read above the cursor?

A no it's either one or the other but not both at the same time!
At a time (bygone) on the internet we said RTFM ... In polite mode and in French it meant "Please look at the notice" : Mrgreen:

I come back to this flowmeter reading story because I think I sound like an idiot when I am right.

I never said we read both at the same time, that doesn't make sense. But on the first photo, the flow rate is greater than 13 l / min, the top of the float is no longer visible is precisely a second scale, on the right is provided for larger flows: you must then read the graduation opposite the bottom of float. When the top of the float is visible, as in the second photo, that is to say for flow rates below 13l / min, the scale on the left is read on the scale aligned with the top of the float.

flowmeter.png
debitmetre.png (227.17 KiB) Viewed 2059 times
0 x
sylvain52220
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by sylvain52220 » 20/08/20, 11:12

Christophe wrote:Ah yes it's true ... we left in all directions given the avalanche of contradictory technical information! : Mrgreen:

I feel like I'm taking a stop here again :(

If this is for me, I would like you to quote the contradictory technical information I gave:
- I thought I had an inspection hatch, but I'm not sure anymore, ok
- but after?
0 x
sylvain52220
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by sylvain52220 » 20/08/20, 11:19

Christophe wrote:By cons do not weld! Make a removable bolted joint system ... for in 5, 10, 15 years !! : Cheesy:

To be able to intervene regularly (as said in my message) I do not intend to re-weld the door but either a "frame" with studs or studs directly (if the thickness of the balloon allows it) to screw a door. I'm tempted by a door just to be able to get out of the exchanger outright ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/20, 11:29

sylvain52220 wrote:I feel like I'm taking a stop here again :(

They did not come from you, I reassure you, eh ...

Forget about cutting, the secondary cannot be clogged with limestone since it is a closed circuit! Unless the buffer water is really dirty ??? But is there no reason? Apart from the internal corrosion of the balloon ??

So :

a) drain a few L of the 800L of the buffer volume to see what the water looks like!

b) Remove the primary from the solar exchanger and clean it with pressure (see chemical cleaning? Phillipe may give you advice on products to use for clean sludge). I know you're going to lose some glycol fluid but there's a good chance that this will solve the trick inexpensively.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/08/20, 11:32

Your internal heat exchanger is very well welded .... And I do not see how the ui add union fittings that are removable by a simple inspection hatch ... Even 20cm in diameter .... a lack of tightness to this level would be unfortunate (exchange of the solar fluid with the heating fluid) If indeed the 800l buffer is on the heating fluid ... you will only have sludge sludge which probably obstruct the inlet of the exchanger ... drain and rinsing the bottom of the balloon may be enough to return to the original state ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/20, 11:36

Ah bin yes macro I haven't thought about it yet ... piss off okofen doing such complex things!

If the buffer water is sent to the underfloor heating without BAO then there is bound to be sludge ... : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:

So 1st thing to do: see what the water looks like by opening the purge valve ... duration of the operation: 2 minutes !!

If you're lucky she's super dirty, emptying the balloon will probably be enough to solve your problem !!
0 x