Boiler Slowdown Pellematic Ökofen

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
MOREA 49
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Boiler Slowdown Pellematic Ökofen

by MOREA 49 » 29/11/10, 18:59

We have a lot of trouble with our boiler: a 20kw ökofen installed in December 2009. Our installer was unable to adjust it: it does not idle despite the programming. The Ökofen technician did not offer us a satisfactory solution: set the reduced limit T ° to -5 °: therefore the boiler heats up or it stops !!! so in the morning it’s cold and in the evening it doesn’t heat up enough. Last spring we left like this because we no longer knew what to do.
This weekend we wanted to try again a day and night programming: reduced temperature limit raised to 9 °, the brave boiler heated day and night to 19 ° 5 despite 18 ° requested day and 14 ° night (we reduced the reduced by 16 ° at 14 ° hoping that the temperature of the house reduces it would drop; it did not work ...
We also have a bad P112: 12 minutes. Should the installer be asked to flange the boiler to 15KW? We have read many pages of this subject https://www.econologie.com/forums/suivi-du-t ... t6424.html since last year, but we do not understand everything ... Is the too high power of the boiler can be a problem for idling?
We have heating with radiators and thermostatic valves, external sensor, but no interior sensor. Boiler parameters: water law 1,2 fixed point 35 °

Thank you in advance for your assistance
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 29/11/10, 20:31

Hi,
some essential information:
Follow a complete boiler cycle
T of the boiler, number of modulation bars, position of the 3-way valve, T ° flow of water from the radiators. This every 2-3 min. if possible.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
MOREA 49
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MOREA 49 » 29/11/10, 20:50

Thank you for your response, I will post myself near the boiler for this information.
The regulation of our boiler is V2.18M
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/11/10, 21:01

Well, we will have to serialize the problems:

1) on / off: don't worry about it for now; the boiler must make hot water, whether it is done "on / off" or "continuously at idle" does not change anything at first.

2) what is your problem? It's not clear! Cold in the morning if I understood correctly, but also cold in the evening ???

3) first thing to change: the reduced limit temperature: this is the temperature above which the heating switches off as soon as you are in "night" or "lowered" mode; it is rare that it is - 5 ° in a "banal" house of us. This means that at - 4 °, the heating is cut off in "night" mode!

Put 15 °, like that for now, to eliminate this yoyo.

4) To start, put the boiler in forced operation, day and night, thermostatic valves fully open (so on the maximum - 5 I imagine?). And tell us what's going on: too hot or too cold?

Your first problem is probably a badly adjusted chuffing corube and you will have to start there. Before worrying about day / night. And even less "on / off" of the boiler.

5) Do not want to settle everything at once, this is the best way to confuse everything!

So start with 4)

And more tomorrow! Every day: a change. A rule of thumb.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/10, 08:32

Quite and about the 4) read also this quasi "twin" subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/okofen-et- ... 10211.html
0 x
MOREA 49
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MOREA 49 » 01/12/10, 15:57

Thank you for looking into our problem
-I made point n ° 4 :oopen the thermostats at 5 I give you the results in the evening
-I have raised the reduced limit to + 15 ° (but that should not change much because it was at + 9 ° and at the moment we have nocturnal outdoor T ° around -5 ° which is very very rare in Anjou)
I try to explain our problem again: with our fuel boiler (with interior probe) we had T ° comfort 18 ° 5 from 18 p.m. to 23:30 p.m. and T ° reduced 16 ° from 23:30 p.m. to 18 p.m. (being absent during the day) Weekend T ° comfort from 9 a.m. to 23 p.m. And the observed T ° corresponded to our requests.
We ask the same thing with Ökofen and she doesn't. Right now we have the same T ° night and day (in comfort and reduced) in the house: 18 ° 5 with negative outside T at this time down to -6 ° (while we ask: 18 ° comfort and 14 ° reduced). It is good in the house but it is a waste to heat to 18 ° 5 when nobody is there.

Last year we lowered the reduced limit to -5 °, this is the solution given to us by the technician Ökofen to obtain the reduced: in fact shutting down the boiler, if I understood correctly. But in this case if it is cold outside, the house cools too much and can no longer rise to T ° in the evening.
I hope I have been clearer
: Mrgreen:
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 01/12/10, 16:28

understood the problem.
given the absence of an internal probe, no way to play on the compensation.
The version being 2.18, the bug is "supposed" to be solved.
the only way to check what is happening is to check what the flow temperature setpoint is in comfort mode and in reduced mode.
in the "heating02" menu, switch alternately to reduced comfort mode and check the value of the flow temperature set point for each.
0 x
Click my signature
MOREA 49
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MOREA 49 » 01/12/10, 19:23

I only have heating menu 01, I can't find 02 ....
0 x
MOREA 49
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MOREA 49 » 01/12/10, 21:19

After opening all the radiators to 5 in the house, the T ° initially decreased to 1 ° 17 (we have 2 rooms which have the radiators closed because unoccupied rooms) and this evening again 3 ° 18 with all the heated rooms; radiators open to the max.
No problem to heat but the reduced?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 02/12/10, 08:57

sorry, heating02 is when we have two circuits. you have the same thing in heating01: this is the line: "mode" which can be adjusted to reduced or comfort or off
0 x

Click my signature

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."