Textile silo Okofen new torn after 2th filling

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/01/14, 23:09

you should especially see in detail the hot water circuit

you talked about 2 heat meters, for 2 heaters

and domestic hot water? wouldn't it be forgotten by your counter?

is there not the heating of a certain room that does not go through the meters?

wouldn't there be too long a pipe, the losses of which are not counted by the meter?
0 x
max 01
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by max 01 » 24/01/14, 09:11

For tomgey
*** The pellets are not din +, they are the ones my neighbor has been using for 5 years and who is very satisfied with them ... but he has no calorimeters to do the yield calculations.
As I ran out of pellets I changed supplier and took din +, so I could compare when the boiler turns with this pellet.
*** The pellets are well sheltered in the basement without humidity.

for chatelot16
*** The DHW has no calorimeter, it is produced by a solar water heater with extra boiler in winter and electric extra in summer.
In winter the production of hot water is requested as a backup only for 3 hours.
As we are only 2 users and from what is explained above, I apply an estimate of the consumption for the DHW by taking 15% of my heating circuit.
Transposed over a year, this consumption would be 1T for 2 people, which seems to me a bit strong.
*** All radiators are taken into account by the calorimeters.
The calorimeters calculate the energy expended by deduction between the calories from the 3-way valve and those from the return to the same valve, so the losses are taken into account.
0 x
jeavdb
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeavdb » 24/01/14, 11:16

max 01 wrote:I have another approach that is certainly more empirical because less theoretical, it takes into account the previous heating mode which I kept the data.
Before I had a boiler fuel that gave me 7,06kw per liter, for 9600kw I will have consumed 1360litres of fuel.
1000 liters of fuel = 2,140T pellets so for 1360 liters I should have consumed 2,9 tons of pellets while I consume 3,570 tons.
With these empirical means, at 300 kgs of pellets ready we reach the same conclusion, there is overconsumption: the setting of the boiler is to control.
I have a PELLEMATIC PE (S) 25 (pelletronic touch).
Its power may be too strong, the heating company had told me that it could reduce it, if necessary mechanically, by putting caps plugs but .... I just read on the forum that the 25 could not be lowered mechanically but just reduced to 22 electronically.
*** for you who seems to master the subject: is this true?
Anyway it will be necessary that my heating engineer fits at best all the parameters of the boiler ...
Can you advise me something? Thank you

Bonjour.
Identical situation! Boiler too powerful for my installation so overconsumption of pellets even with hacks.
Kind regards.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/01/14, 13:20

the consumption of hot water is not proportional at all to the consumption of heating ... in periods when the power for heating is low, the consumption of hot water remains the same!

if you want to calculate the real yield you need at least one more calorimeter for hot water ... and it still won't count the power lost in the pipes

to measure the efficiency of a boiler, one more calorimeter would be required directly at the outlet of the boiler
0 x
max 01
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by max 01 » 24/01/14, 13:59

to chatelot16
**** I agree with your observations regarding the ECS, the 15% that I apply simply allow me to approach the number of calories estimated for the ECS and to add them to those of the calorie counters then make an estimate of the yield.
As I told you, these 15% give the rest a strong estimate of calories compared to the ratios generally used.
The estimated yield is therefore "better"
As I have a "yield" of 59% instead of the advertised 80% I can say that the yield is really not good.
With a DHW calorimeter I would have a precise calculation, but which would not call into question the observation of overconsumption.
**** There are 1,50 meters of pipes between the boiler outlet and the calorimeters, also the loss is very marginal and does not affect the finding.

at jeavdb
This overconsumption is damaging in the cost of pellets but the overpower also influences the state of the boiler by the multiplication of on / off.
Have you been able to reduce the power of your boiler?
If yes, by what process?
cordially
0 x
jeavdb
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeavdb » 24/01/14, 19:36

max 01 wrote:to chatelot16
**** I agree with your observations regarding the ECS, the 15% that I apply simply allow me to approach the number of calories estimated for the ECS and to add them to those of the calorie counters then make an estimate of the yield.
As I told you, these 15% give the rest a strong estimate of calories compared to the ratios generally used.
The estimated yield is therefore "better"
As I have a "yield" of 59% instead of the advertised 80% I can say that the yield is really not good.
With a DHW calorimeter I would have a precise calculation, but which would not call into question the observation of overconsumption.
**** There are 1,50 meters of pipes between the boiler outlet and the calorimeters, also the loss is very marginal and does not affect the finding.

at jeavdb
This overconsumption is damaging in the cost of pellets but the overpower also influences the state of the boiler by the multiplication of on / off.
Have you been able to reduce the power of your boiler?
If yes, by what process?
cordially

Bonsoir.

Parameter P263 at 63 °.
P265 to 22 KW
P170 to 1
P 202 at 78 °
Cycle time from 35 to 45 min.

Kind regards.
0 x
max 01
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by max 01 » 24/01/14, 20:34

Thank you for the info.
I see that you too have an Okofen.
Mine is a 25kw.
On the site I saw that its power can only be reduced to 22kw electronically but that one could not reduce it more by plugging up the turbulators.

Was this the case for yours because I see that its power is 22kw?

The cycle times are interesting, are they calculated by combining the 2 "comfort" and "reduced" modes?

cordially
0 x
jeavdb
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeavdb » 25/01/14, 09:29

max 01 wrote:Thank you for the info.
I see that you too have an Okofen.
Mine is a 25kw.
On the site I saw that its power can only be reduced to 22kw electronically but that one could not reduce it more by plugging up the turbulators.

Was this the case for yours because I see that its power is 22kw?

The cycle times are interesting, are they calculated by combining the 2 "comfort" and "reduced" modes?

cordially

Bonjour.

Yes it is a 25 Kw, not possible to go below 22 (manufacturer data; I inquire if mechanically there is no other possibility) For the durations cycles I make a statement every month of P112 and 113 (combination of the two modes)
It is true that the cycles are not so bad but we could do much better if the boiler modulates.

cordially
0 x
max 01
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by max 01 » 25/01/14, 17:48

Hello

I have a Pelletronic Touch, by reconciling the parameters that you raise here is what I have:
P112 (burner start): 2589
P113 (operating time): 999 hours
I also have an average burner time of 23 '
burner stop time 1581 hours
ignitions 2713

These elements therefore give 23 'on and 36' off on the 2 combined heating modes.

As in "reduced" mode there is much more downtime, I looked at the continuous 4 hour times in mode"comfort"; here are the average results:
** from start to end of combustion (I suppose that corresponds to the burner operating time) 25 '
** from the end of combustion to the beginning of the next combustion (I suppose that corresponds to the burner stop time) 20 '

**** Does this cycle 45 '? for you 35 'to 45'

P263 (set temperature) 70 ° you have 63 °
P202 (cut-out temperature) 78 ° ditto you
P170 (I did not find ... but probably this is only accessible to the technician ... that you may be)

**** What do you think of these elements?

If you can collect information for a mechanical limitation of the power it would be perfect because I saw on this site that it would take a burner operating time between 30 and 40 'and a downtime of about 20 ', to obtain optimum performance and limit wear and tear on the boiler by a succession of steps / stops.

cordially
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/01/14, 18:44

When we talk about average cycle time, it is the time between the start of the burner and that of the stop.

According to the Okofen maintenance instructions, it is desirable that it be above 25 minutes.

But we are looking to do much better!

The mean downtime has no "functional" significance. This is the time during which the hot water accumulated in the boiler is sufficient ...

But in summer mode, the boiler can be stopped for several days or tens of hours ... Without impact.
0 x