OKOFEN pellematic adjustment + room sensor + WOOD insert

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
aurebour
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

OKOFEN pellematic adjustment + room sensor + WOOD insert

by aurebour » 16/11/18, 20:55

Hello

For 3 winters we have had a 12 kW PES with touch control on the boiler + outdoor sensor. without having succeeded in correctly adjusting the heating curve, we very often played with the parameters of the curve.
we had found a "fragile" stability by setting the slope to 1, the foot of the curve to 30 and the Correction factor to 0.

Now we have just indulged ourselves and installed a nice GODIN stove (insert) and therefore asked the installer of the stove (the same as the installer of the okofen boiler) to add an okofen ambient sensor to our installation wired so that it measures the Temp INT and cuts off the regulation when the T set point has been reached (by heat input other than the boiler)

But there impossible to marry all beautiful people... the stove heats very well and we easily reach 25-26 in the house, 2 thermometers (mercury and digital) indicate the same TEMP, and yet the T ambient measured indicates 20,5 degree.... :-(
with the installer we went to the sensor calibration menu (with his installer code) and there we changed the calibration of the room sensor in one direction or the other without the measured AMB Temp ever correcting itself. ...

Again this evening 27 degrees in the house, and yet a comfort set point at 21 and the regulation was open and the radiators were heating well.

Where to start (I read a lot of post in various forum, known of the old models of room sensors, but not found anyone who would have this kind of installation at home)...

Thank you very much in advance
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: OKOFEN pellematic adjustment + ambient sensor + WOOD insert

by Pilpoill » 27/11/18, 12:02

Hello,

With the correction factor at zero, the boiler does not take into account the temperature measured by the room sensor.

In this configuration, only the water law (and the outside temperature measured) will calculate the water temperature to be sent to the heating circuit.
It does not matter whether it is 19 or 27 degrees in the room where the room sensor is installed.
0 x
Did67

Re: OKOFEN pellematic adjustment + ambient sensor + WOOD insert

by Did67 » 28/11/18, 10:57

Affirmative: if the factor is zero, the regulation does not take the room sensor into account. It's as if there were none.

That said, there remains the "mystery" of a probe which records 20,5° when it is 27°. Pay attention to the respective positions: a probe placed against a thick stone wall will undergo all the inertia of the wall, and can indicate 20° (in the immediate vicinity of the wall) while a probe placed 15 cm from this wall, licked by the hot air indicates maybe 25°!!! We don't measure the same thing!

It remains that the cohabitation between two regulation systems is never simple.

As it is not easy to adjust a heating curve. I have described several times, here on econology, in threads devoted to the subject (Okofen boiler and adjustment of the heating curve) an empirical method, a little long, but normally infallible. And indeed, this adjustment must be made with the factor on zero (it should not be corrected according to the environment, otherwise that disturbs the adjustment).

Did you see this in your research??? Otherwise, launch the search engines... I'm a little lazy to re-write this for the nth time...
0 x