Basic rules of the automated ball burner

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
manoria68
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by manoria68 » 21/01/10, 11:34

I tried the flame hook, it's not bad as a system, it allows to retain large drops.
In addition, if I increase the oil flow on the ball, I no longer flood my second chamber, and the flame remains at the same size.

Then, I saw on the blue diagram a reheating of the air by the oil tank, is it used for something?
0 x
Manoria 68, fried researcher, technician of its oil mill
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 21/01/10, 20:54

Good evening
I saw on the blue diagram a reheating of the air by the oil tank, is it used for something?

in my opinion ... no ... I would even tend to think that for better combustion it would be necessary to cool the air.

but I would also like to know why reheat the air?
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 21/01/10, 20:56

I tried the flame hook, it's not bad as a system, it allows to retain large drops.

yes but it risks "charcoal" on the flame hook : Cry:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 21/01/10, 21:29

boubka wrote:Good evening
I saw on the blue diagram a reheating of the air by the oil tank, is it used for something?

in my opinion ... no ... I would even tend to think that for better combustion it would be necessary to cool the air.

Especially if the calories are "free" (recovery somewhere in the fireplace instead of an electric heater) combustion at a better efficiency with hot air. The vaporization of the oil drops will be more complete = less unburnt. The combustion will be faster and therefore the flame shorter.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
manoria68
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by manoria68 » 21/01/10, 22:14

Flytox wrote:
boubka wrote:Good evening

Especially if the calories are "free" (recovery somewhere in the fireplace instead of an electric heater) combustion at a better efficiency with hot air. The vaporization of the oil drops will be more complete = less unburnt. The combustion will be faster and therefore the flame shorter.

It seems fairer to me, but no one forum haven't tried right?
0 x
manoria68
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by manoria68 » 02/02/10, 11:51

Good, feedback on air heating:

it seems to be useless!

Its does not provide better spraying, and does not improve ignition

here is !
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 02/02/10, 19:47

hi manoria
thank you for the feedback
I also give up if not much interest : Cry:
on the other hand I will try to heat the ventilated air with a recup on the stainless steel tube of the boiler to see ... to follow

ps: on the other hand what starts me c is that on the tests of the airtronic burner the results are better by bringing outside air ...? :?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 02/02/10, 21:22

For that to show a certain effectiveness, it is necessary that the air is hot like> 300 or 400 °. It's not that easy to do ... : Cry:
At startup, it is not too possible with recovery calories. I'm talking mainly about the air that allows combustion, the one that feeds the ball must not be too hot to not make coke (around 250 ° max).

Like the combustion air supply pipe passes through the boiler hearth before reaching the level of the ball.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/02/10, 11:07

To obtain this kind of T ° it will be necessary that the air heater is in the flame ...
0 x
manoria68
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by manoria68 » 03/02/10, 14:27

I put back on the fire the question of heating the ball with a soldering iron resistance. for me, I had broken it before I could make conclusive tests.
Who tried?
0 x