Replacement of electric heating system> HP

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 23/07/10, 16:50

It is more a matter of taste than real, in my opinion, because the radiators blowing air at an adjustable temperature (20 ° C) with thermostat (at a very low price) are very useful for me as a quick booster or complements to get hot air quickly in a cold room, without waiting hours to heat the walls and by directing them well, they heat the air as desired, the time that the chimney starts !!
I find it absurd to pay much more for these radiators which do not do better for me than a blower of 2KW at 10 €.
Much better, those expensive and bulky radiant heaters, which I had, have a resistance which burns and dies at the first spider and which costs 450 € to change !! Raz le bol "Aux chiottes therefore" radiators and blowers at 10 € last infinitely longer !!!

oiseautempete is a bit special, see on other forum from econology a similar discussion: he likes to sleep with the window open with his wife very close to the radiant radiator to be warm, if I remember correctly !! !
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 24/07/10, 09:55

dedeleco wrote:It is more a matter of taste than real, in my opinion, because the radiators blowing air at an adjustable temperature (20 ° C) with thermostat (at a very low price) are very useful for me as a quick booster or complements to get hot air quickly in a cold room, without waiting hours to heat the walls and by directing them well, they heat the air as desired, the time that the chimney starts !!
I find it absurd to pay much more for these radiators which do not do better for me than a blower of 2KW at 10 €.
Much better, those expensive and bulky radiant heaters, which I had, have a resistance which burns and dies at the first spider and which costs 450 € to change !! Raz le bol "Aux chiottes therefore" radiators and blowers at 10 € last infinitely longer !!!

oiseautempete is a bit special, see on other forum from econology a similar discussion: he likes to sleep with the window open with his wife very close to the radiant radiator to be warm, if I remember correctly !! !

You don't know what you're talking about:
-The radiant heaters are a metal or smooth ceramic plate, there is no visible resistance since it is the entire plate that is resistant ... the visible resistance radiators are convectors ...
-To change my bathroom from 16 to 22 ° it takes 15 minutes with the radiant that I specially chose 2x more powerful than necessary (2500w for less than 9m²)
- The fan heaters are unhealthy (vacuum cleaner) and noisy: not that with me!

Is the window open and the heater on? Arms fall to me : Shock:... finally! we sleep with the window open all year round as long as the temperature is above 0 ° C (5 ° C in wet weather) and the radiator is obviously ALWAYS off (moreover it almost never works even during the day). My wife's radiator is the "beast of the Vosges" (my nickname in the Navy) which is 2x its own weight (me): the advantage is that it promotes rapprochement ... : Cheesy:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/07/10, 14:08

Funny birdlife:
The fan heaters are unhealthy (vacuum cleaner) and noisy: not that with me!

Archival, the dust is that of the house and the air which settles everywhere as well as on the radiant of bird-tempest, which will a few minutes stink of burnt dust after 6 months of rest in summer, also if the house is not full of dust the blowers do not change anything in the dust and standardize the air temperature much faster at the value set by their thermostat 20 ° C! The noise is a function of the speed of rotation, and of the support, it is enough to choose the blower well.

I find it absurd to spend a lot more on heating with no better result!
Finally oiseautempete is a bit special for its metabolism, sleeping with the window open (always too hot) but needs 2500W in 9m2 of its bathroom !!!
In my case, 20 ° C I sleep with the window closed but I have no radiator in the bathroom, because the hot water vapor from the shower is enough to heat the room, even when the temperature was initially less than 10 ° C, cold weekend too short to heat the whole second home !!
I want to stay cold for a few seconds, but not while sleeping with reduced metabolism overnight !!!

The tastes and impressions are not all identical !!!
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 09/08/10, 10:12

chatelot16 wrote:even when the evaporator outside will become an ice block the heat pump will have a bad cop but still better than 1: so no need for resistance

What is wrong is that the maximum power of this pump with a low cop gives insufficient power for the greatest cold: a supplement can sometimes be useful ...

So, if we have another good quality heat source, it would be interesting below a certain cold temperature, to stop the cap.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/08/10, 14:07

Certainly, as a backup, but if you have no more electricity, storm, or other, you will no longer have heating in all cases, heat pump or electric heaters !!!
At the end of 1999 the storm around my second home bought a year before, with electricity cut the current 2 weeks, 800 meters of trees felled on EDF !!
I was very happy to have an insert ensuring the heating.
For me, always have a backup heating means without EDF.
In addition, wood is much cheaper, and EDF will increase its prices, because prices are far below the real price if we take into account the dismantling of nuclear power plants (as expensive as their construction) and the waste to be stored and managed on millennia !!!

So ecological wood heating is good security and a real long-term saving !!!
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 09/08/10, 14:19

I quite agree with you, at home, it's Noirot cast iron radiator, turbo insert in granite fireplace.

in projects, it is a pac air air backup in the vmc df circuit, and roller tunnel.

do not put your eggs in one basket.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!